Thread: Highway proposal: Fine bad drivers

Highway proposal: Fine bad drivers

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...33/1006/NEWS01

Transportation officials in central Indiana are considering fining motorist who are bad drivers, cause accidents and traffic jams; dubbed as "bad driver surcharge". Drivers would be fined woh cause accidents that shut down roadways and or delay traffic. Another fee may be implied for drivers with a history of bad driving records would be charged extra to renew their license or registration.

I'm for the bad driving record fee, but as for causing a accident and "bad driving"? Accidents happen, so this is inevitable; I've lived in Indianapolis, Indiana, and just like other metropolitan areas (as well as rural), the roadways are not always well engineered and there is congestion regardless of a accident otherwise. What is considered "bad driving" anywise; people get away with it all the time, then again I have been pulled over for going 46mph in a four-lane roadway with turning lanes on both sides and the center; the speed limit was 40mph, I know, but then again it was two in the morning with no traffic.

I'm not sure if this can be all fare; thoughts?

Here is a picture for sights
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

yesterday a tanker loaded with ethylene toppled over closing one of our main Motorways for about 12 hours. The reason of the crash was that the tanker came into the middle separation of the lanes, and overreacted when he tried to control it. First the bloody thing was overtaking, otherwise it would not have been in the fast lane, and overtaking trucks are a continuous nuisance on our roads, as trucks are governed at 85-88 kph, and therefore overtaking takes ages. Secondly this was clearly a driver error, causing big disruptions. In this case I would be very much in favour of a fine, and probably a compensation to be paid by the owner of the tanker...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I agree with this proposition to an extent... Wouldnt it be better to give the bad drivers extra driving courses i.e advance driving schools?... If a person does carry on being a bad driver after going to these schools then i think they should be fined...But i do believe that they should get a warning in the form of the advance courses...Just a quick idea...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

i though bad drivers that would cause accidents were allready gettin tickets?, whoever is at fault in a crash usually gets a ticket for doin what he/she did to cause the accident.(depending on the type of accident and how it happened)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

As a resident of central Indiana, I can tell you that the idea is going over like a lead balloon. Look for this whole thing to quietly disappear.

Thread Information