Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Miura Concept 2006

Lamborghini Miura Concept 2006

Automobili Lamborghini presents the Lamborghini Miura Concept

5 January 2006

The House of the Raging Bull has brought back a legendary historical name with the introduction of its Lamborghini Miura Concept car.
    The Lamborghini Miura Concept will be the first Lamborghini vehicle to be conjured from the pen of Walter de’ Silva, Head of Lamborghini Design. De Silva’s other responsibilities include serving as Head of Design of Audi Group. The talented designer’s idea for the new concept was simple: a retro-inspired look heralding back to one of the auto world’s most famous icons, the legendary Lamborghini Miura.
    Automobili Lamborghini eagerly begins the New Year with the much anticipated unveiling of the Lamborghini Miura Concept, a modern interpretation of the Lamborghini Miura. Currently celebrating its fortieth anniversary, the Miura was originally designed by Marcello Gandini and first publicly presented at the 1966 Geneva Motor Show by Ferruccio Lamborghini and Nuccio Bertone.
    To this day the Miura is widely recognised as one of the most beautiful cars ever created.
    The new concept model which, as of now, is strictly a concept with no firm date set for its production launch, is the inspired creation of de’ Silva, the world-famous Italian designer. He has redesigned every aspect of the car while remaining absolutely faithful to the original form.
    The new car retains the extraordinary purity of line, characteristic of the original Miura: the designer’s intervention has been defined by refining the contours and eliminating any superfluous detail, in order to enhance the clean, simple lines and perfectly balanced proportions of the original that so impassioned enthusiasts.
    The restyling of the lower part of the body takes the car’s structural strength and aerodynamic performance to new heights, without disturbing the delicate aesthetic equilibrium.
    Even the touches of contemporary styling applied to the interior, the lights and the wheels have been carefully measured to achieve a homogenous design that is both timeless and immediately recognisable.
    A so a true design icon is born.
    "Over the last two years," explains Walter de’ Silva, "I have often dreamed of redesigning the Miura. Now, thanks to my new position at the head of Lamborghini design, and the enthusiastic support of the Lamborghini CEO, Stephan Winkelmann, I have been able to turn that dream into a reality."
    The Lamborghini Miura Concept will be on show at the Lamborghini stand at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I love the old Miura, the very first one with the eye lashes still in tackt but this is gross looking.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Automobili Lamborghini presents the Lamborghini Miura Concept

The Lamborghini Miura Concept will be on show at the Lamborghini stand at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
    Bugger....was hoping Lamborghini would launch that in London.

Its gonna be awesome! Shame they never thought about doing it before Ford did it with the GT/40
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

I cant be bothered reading it. Production?
    All about the t-tops

I have to say that I don't really like the idea of reviving old cars.
    It sure brings cash and press coverage, but I just don't like it.
    The original Miura had a very short back, because of the trnsversely mounted V12.
    The new one uses a longitudinal (sp?) layout, so the back will not be that compact. In fact, that's the reason why the press pics show the back is such a way, so as to cover the different shape

I have read the idea of reviving old Lamborginis as far back as 1998 in an interview with the then president of Lamborghini (Was it Romano Artioli? not sure).
    I expect a revived Countach after the Miura thing ceases

The rear is actually not that bad. I'm wondering if anyone has this picture in high res?

Why cant auto makers come out with something new....Im sick of all this retro shit. The Miura is a nice car...but I would love to see a modern day Lamborghini with the Miura name on it.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

ford gt40 wanna-be

Quote Originally Posted by furious fiero
    I would love to see a modern day Lamborghini with the Miura name on it.
    I second that. Strongly.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by chopper621
    ford gt40 wanna-be

Yep, because Ford was the 1st to revive cars.
    You do realize this car will be taking the Murcielago's engine and pushing 700Hp, don't you?

The sad thing is, the 1966 Miura idea was due to the GT40.
    However, it's success had nothing to do with Ford and was a natural-born supercar of its time.

The 2006 Miura was chosen as the next model in Lamborghini's line-up partially due to the fact that 2006 now makes the Miura 40 years old.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I'm against it.

Automakers have really run out of imagination. at first it was only the americans, but now evryone is doin'it.

The cars looks great in my opinion, but they should not call it the miura... something related to the name miura but NOT miura. It is a disgrace to the original.

Imagine If every beetle had a son, then grown up those sons make a band called the beetles as well.

Wouldnt that be stupid? same thing with reviving legenday car names.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    I'm against it.

Automakers have really run out of imagination. at first it was only the americans, but now evryone is doin'it.

The cars looks great in my opinion, but they should not call it the miura... something related to the name miura but NOT miura. It is a disgrace to the original.

Imagine If every beetle had a son, then grown up those sons make a band called the beetles as well.

Wouldnt that be stupid? same thing with reviving legenday car names.
    not a bad point

althought this one is nice looking i much prefer the computer made ones i saw in a magazine, more murci-ish
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

The designers at Honda have imagination. Have you seen the new civic? [/throwing up emoticon]
    All about the t-tops

Where's the door handle?
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

Maybe near the mirror.

Thread Information