Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamiya 1/24 Mercedes CLK DTM build

Tamiya 1/24 Mercedes CLK DTM build

this is my progress thread for a Tamiya 1/24 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM Team D2 kit i've started. I also bought the ScaleMotorsport Photo-etch kit.

Front end detail so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by <AAA-MOD>; 02-27-2004 at 08:40 AM.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Looking good sofar...
    40 oz. to freedom.

Mercedes 1/24 CLK DTM continuing . . .

it took me about an hour to assemble the harnesses tonight. I'm satisfied with the outcome since it's my first set.

I used the Eduard 1/24 Sabelt red harness photo-etch set.
    http://www.mediamixhobby.com.sg/cata...oducts_id=2010
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

completed cockpit. just bought an airbrush on Ebay a couple of days ago, just in time to get started on body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    it took me about an hour to assemble the harnesses tonight. I'm satisfied with the outcome since it's my first set.

I used the Eduard 1/24 Sabelt red harness photo-etch set.
    http://www.mediamixhobby.com.sg/cata...oducts_id=2010
    They look superb!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

completed cockpit. just bought an airbrush on Ebay a couple of days ago, just in time to get started on body parts.
    If you can get hold of Tamiya TS17 paint (as per instructions) you better do that, it works perfectly, and if you put a clear coat over it (after applying the decals) you'll get a very nice body.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    If you can get hold of Tamiya TS17 paint (as per instructions) you better do that, it works perfectly, and if you put a clear coat over it (after applying the decals) you'll get a very nice body.
    I'm planning on using the same metallic silver that I used on my Sard Supra http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2659#post42659

I had a friend of mine paint that body in his auto body shop, so his spray gun was a bit big for such a small project. My airbrush application should allow some more detail in the body panel gaps. I trying to replicate the style of this pic:

9 months later and I finally found the time to get workin on it again. This is the first time i've ever used an airbrush. real easy though IMO.

Obviously this is just the base coat and will get a couple coats of clear after I've added some selected sponsor decals.

Looking good there. It might benifit from some sanding with 1600 grid paper.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    It might benifit from some sanding with 1600 grid paper.
    Wet sanding 2000. plus rubbing compound
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Stick with the airbrush. They guarentee an evened surface. Even though I just have a cheap Paasche one, it does the job better than spray cans.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

ive seen a bunch of these project-threads around ucp. where can i get these, and for how much? they look like huge fun and very very cool
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

9 months later and I finally found the time to get workin on it again. This is the first time i've ever used an airbrush. real easy though IMO.

Obviously this is just the base coat and will get a couple coats of clear after I've added some selected sponsor decals.
    Car/model looks great. Hurry up and finish so we can drool.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i used to do a load of models like this, but i was a bit young so my parents had to help, and they got sick of it......thanx
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information