• Nismo Z-Tune

2 3.17%
  • Other

6 9.52%

Thread: Best mid-level exotic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best mid-level exotic

What do you guys think is the best mid-level super car?

This is based on Performance, Styling, Technological Advancement and of course the "Gotta Have It" factor.

All Cars are priced between $150-$200,000

My Nominees are:

2005 Ferrari F430

It looks great and has staggering performance figures. R&T tested it to near Enzo numbers 3.5 sec 0-60, 11.7 sec 1/4 mile, .91g on the skidpad, 70.9 mph through the slalom and Road and Track's Dream Car of 2005 beating the Veyron. I think Ferrari did a great job of making the F430 more aggresive than the 360 Modena while paying homage to previous Ferraris like its Enzo-inspired rear end and sharknose and rear fender scoops reminiscient of Phil Hill's World Championship GP car of the 50's and 60's. It has a gorgeous interior that is luxurious and focused at the same time. But, most impressive is the F1 technology it comes with like the steering wheel mounted Manettino switch, electronic differential and an improved paddle shift transmission. This car gets my vote.

2004 Ford GT

Based on the Le Mans winning GT40, the Ford GT looks awesome in its retro body and is really fast. It is a tribute to fords rededication to perfomance cars and is a great car. The only problem I have with it is that Ford sacrificed a lot of functionality for retro style. You can't get into the car in a parking lot because of the roof cutouts on the door and visibility is extremely poor. It is still a great car.

2005 Aston Martin DB9

Possibly one of the best looking cars ever made. It is more of a Gran Tourer though and 450 bhp out of a 6L V12 is not impressive, but it makes the list on looks alone.

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo

Probably Lambo's best car since the Miura. Audi has really turned the Bull around. Awesome V10 and great looking. Probably the most user-friendly Lamborghini ever, but that takes a little away from the wild, sexy and powerful cars they used to make. The Gallardo is still all of those things but I think Audi went too far and castrated the bull with this one. It just doesn't have the Lamborghini mystique.

2005 Porsche 911 GT3

While not the most powerful 911 it is a sports car in the purest sense of the word. It doesn't need forced induction or huge power to be a track star and it has such a classic 911 look, with the 997 version coming it can only look better. Fantastic car, it just falls short on performance to some of the other competitors.

And My Wild Card Pick

2005 Nismo Skyline GTR Z-Tune

While it is nothing like most of the cars in this test I felt that it should be added because it is the most powerful version of the Skyline GTR and fits the price range. You can't say that this is just a race car since Nissan has sold twenty units. But it is a bordeline tuner car and is probably not very comfortable. It is a true sports car and is blisteringly fast, it might even be the fastest car here. The Z-Tune has truly done justice to the GTR name.

If anyone has a car they think is better put it up.
    Last edited by jump15vc; 01-13-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information