5 7.94%
  • Nismo Z-Tune

2 3.17%
  • Other

6 9.52%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best mid-level exotic

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    I've had a ride in both and both have such an amazing sense of occassion. I wasn't as happy as I could've been with the GTs soundtrack but it was still quite heart-stopping. The DB9 however just blew me away in the sound department ... it was rather comfy too
    The GT was very comfortable to me but it was a little too quiet. Flooring it (in a large parking lot) through 1st and 2nd was neck-snapping and exhilarating but I never really heard the damn thing! It definetly needs to be louder.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 01-15-2006 at 10:23 AM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

I remember seeing a feature on the engined Ford GT Concept and the sound that produced was what it should've sounded like. Why the production car went a bit bland is beyond me, though the acceleration is quite unexpected I must say. I believe the only time I've felt more straight-line g-force (forgot the technical word ) in a car is in an Ultima GTR. The only time I've had more straight-line g-force that that is on a vertical drop rollercoaster

Tell me how I made you think that it made a different impression.
    I already did. If you haven't noticed there is a poll on this thread that mentions various cars and in the post you replied to you only mentioned Ferrari, thus giving the impression that only Ferrari drivers give off a certian impression to other people and not the other ones.

And I don't need to relax ... it's just annoying when people manipulate your words. I think Spastik (?) has a similar problem recently.
    I didn't manipulate your words, I just asked you to explain your point. Grow up.
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 01-15-2006 at 12:57 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I voted 'Other', I would probably save a bit of money and take a Noble M400.

Out of the cars on the list it would probably be a toss up between the Gallardo and the F430. F430 probably edges it on driving dynamics, but I think the Lambo is prettier.

(Just out of interest, since when have cars that cost as much as a small house been considered "mid-level"? )
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Gallardo No Doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Just out of interest, since when have cars that cost as much as a small house been considered "mid-level"?
    since the Veyron was introduced

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I already did. If you haven't noticed there is a poll on this thread that mentions various cars and in the post you replied to you only mentioned Ferrari, thus giving the impression that only Ferrari drivers give off a certian impression to other people and not the other ones.
    If you read the post I replied to, you will notice that THEY only mentioned Ferrari ... hence me making a reply and hence me only mentioning Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I didn't manipulate your words, I just asked you to explain your point. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks-miami
    Even though you only replied to a Ferrari post, you made me think that the other cars mentioned in this thread made a different impresion on people when compared to Ferrari
    As I said above, I replied to a thread that only mention Ferrari. I didn't make you think the other cars gave a different impression; it was the fact that you didn't realise that I was only speaking about Ferrari because that was the only brand mentioned in the post I replied to. You tell me to grow up; I see nothing immature about all of the valid points I have made. I have explained that I only said Ferrari because that was the only brand mentioned in the post I replied to (is this getting repetetive or what?!) so I didn't give the impression that only Ferrari gives that impression ... you implied that impression for yourself; I'm pretty sure nobody else had a problem understanding why I only mentioned Ferrari.

If i said in that post "Aston Martin isnt cool!" then where would be the justification in that? That would be completley irrelevent to the post I replied to. Infact there was meant to be a satirical side to that post ... if I felt like mentioning the brands, that would mix serious opinion and satire and make it hard for people to determine between the two. That is rather besides the point though because again, the post only mentioned Ferrari.

Yawn ... have I gone in-depth enough?

If you read the post I replied to, you will notice that THEY only mentioned Ferrari ... hence me making a reply and hence me only mentioning Ferrari.

As I said above, I replied to a thread that only mention Ferrari. I didn't make you think the other cars gave a different impression; it was the fact that you didn't realise that I was only speaking about Ferrari because that was the only brand mentioned in the post I replied to. You tell me to grow up; I see nothing immature about all of the valid points I have made. I have explained that I only said Ferrari because that was the only brand mentioned in the post I replied to (is this getting repetetive or what?!) so I didn't give the impression that only Ferrari gives that impression ... you implied that impression for yourself; I'm pretty sure nobody else had a problem understanding why I only mentioned Ferrari.

If i said in that post "Aston Martin isnt cool!" then where would be the justification in that? That would be completley irrelevent to the post I replied to. Infact there was meant to be a satirical side to that post ... if I felt like mentioning the brands, that would mix serious opinion and satire and make it hard for people to determine between the two. That is rather besides the point though because again, the post only mentioned Ferrari.

Yawn ... have I gone in-depth enough?
    This is getting old fast. I told you to grow up because you've gone ballistic saying I have put words in your mouth and so forth not only on this thread but on another as well. All I wanted to know was why you thought they way you did!!!

So yes, relax and grow up. The next time someone asks you to explain a point you've made...explain it without getting diffensive. END.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I voted 'Other', I would probably save a bit of money and take a Noble M400.

Out of the cars on the list it would probably be a toss up between the Gallardo and the F430. F430 probably edges it on driving dynamics, but I think the Lambo is prettier.

(Just out of interest, since when have cars that cost as much as a small house been considered "mid-level"? )
    Getting the M400 is definitely what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. You get to save money, have equal if not better handling, equal acceleration and braking, and it looks great too. Too bad it has to be sold as a "kit-car" here because of our stupid regulation things.

I changed my mind. I don't want the Gallardo....

I want the Gallardo Spyder.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Getting the M400 is definitely what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. You get to save money, have equal if not better handling, equal acceleration and braking, and it looks great too. Too bad it has to be sold as a "kit-car" here because of our stupid regulation things.
    what do you mean too bad? you buy the engine from them, have it installed, voila a noble with dirt cheap insurance! my dad was looking (very playfully)into buying one so they sent a packet explaining it
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Yeah, you do save some, but the car is still very expensive.
    Ads in magazines sell the body for around $60,000....

Noble M12 GTO-3R: $58,900
    Noble M400: $66,900
    M400 Engine: $23,000

Noble M400 finished: $90,000

Some saved cash, but still car out of alot of people's reach.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    what do you mean too bad? you buy the engine from them, have it installed, voila a noble with dirt cheap insurance! my dad was looking (very playfully)into buying one so they sent a packet explaining it
    I mean too bad because they can't shake off the kit-car image which drives many customers away and is also the reason why the M14 isn't sold in the US.

The reason they're not "sold" in America is down to American protectionism.
    Complain to your senator and not us !
    Besides it would only be wasted coz someone woudl want to use it on a drag race
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The reason they're not "sold" in America is down to American protectionism.
    Complain to your senator and not us !
    Besides it would only be wasted coz someone woudl want to use it on a drag race
    I wasn't complaining...oh wait, I guess I was. I would complain to the senator but they don't care about this sort of stuff as there isn't enough of us enthusiasts to make them change how it is.

Thread Information