Thread: Vanquish Roadster

Vanquish Roadster

Aston's 200mph Roadster Is Here

One of the best things about Aston Martin's Vanquish is the roar of the awesome V12 - and soon drivers will be able to enjoy it even more.

Exclusive images - as opposed to the illustrations shown here on the website - in the current issue of the mag reveal the Vanquish Roadster for the first time - the next step in the British firm's plan to become the world's premier supercar manufacturer. The model will be unveiled in the metal at March's Geneva Motor Show, making it the first of a new crop of V12 convertibles, ahead of drop-top versions of Lamborghini's Murciélago and the Pagani Zonda.

The Vanquish is the third product of the ongoing joint venture between Aston and Zagato, the famous Italian styling house that penned the legendary DB4. Previously we saw the DB7 Zagato, which was unveiled at the Paris Motor Show in 2002, and the DB American Roadster 1 - DB AR1 - which appeared at last year's Los Angeles event.

As the mag's pictures show, the Vanquish's most significant changes have been made at the rear, where the coupé's large light clusters have given way to more elegant round lamps. However, the muscular shape remains, complemented by the striking addition of twin bulges behind the driver and passenger seats.

Unlike the AR1, which did without any weather protection, the Vanquish Roadster will come with a folding fabric soft-top as well as a rigid, removable hard-top. As with the standard Coupé, it will be powered by an awesome 6.0-litre V12 producing 460bhp and 556Nm of torque. That will give a 0-60mph time of around five seconds and a top speed approaching 200mph. Extensive engineering work will also go into maintaining the car's rigidity, so that the Vanquish's accomplished handling isn't compromised.

While it'll be a limited edition, Aston is cagey about how many will be made. Both the DB7 Zagato and DB AR1 had runs of only 99, leaving many potential buyers disappointed. At £160,000, the DB7 Zagato was £56,250 more than the standard version - so the Vanquish Roadster may cost in excess of £200,000. Giancarlo Perini

Taken from Autoexpress.co.uk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absolutely beautiful. Please Aston put it in to production! It will be an instant classic around the world and a must-have for any Aston enthusiast.

Its probably the most beautiful Aston i have ever seen, and that says a lot! i love Aston Martin! its my favorite brand in the world!!!! i really hope they put it into production.....!
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Dont love that back.
    40 oz. to freedom.

am i missing something? there are no pics of the front, so how can everyone say it is that beutiful?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information