Thread: Text messages from sim to computer

Text messages from sim to computer

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to transfer my text messages onto my computer, I want to keep the ones I have on my phone (Sony Ericsson W800i) but the phone's message memory's almost full. It doesn't have the option to transfer the messages to the memory stick and I can't access them using the regular USB cable...

...help!

Thanks in advance to anyone that has a solution
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

i dont know how your phone works atall but on mine i can connect it to the pc and transfur files over never tried with texts i know you can view them but not sure on copying them over, worth a try ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    i dont know how your phone works atall but on mine i can connect it to the pc and transfur files over never tried with texts i know you can view them but not sure on copying them over, worth a try ?
    I've tried that but it only lets me view the contents of my memory stick...and I can't transfer the texts to the memory stick in the first place. The software on the phone is a POS, I tried using the disk that came with the phone (they couldn't even be arsed to make it Mac compatible) on my Windows computer and it didn't get very far...suprise, suprise. It kept trying to install the same piece of software from the CD over and over again then it would say that there was a problem with the new hardware installation.
    Last edited by Clivey; 02-19-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Perhaps your mobile service provider will have a solution. I haven't tried with text but I've emailed a pic to my computer. Maybe you could forward text in a similar way?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Perhaps your mobile service provider will have a solution. I haven't tried with text but I've emailed a pic to my computer. Maybe you could forward text in a similar way?
    That might (I honestly don't know how much mobile phone service providers charge in the US) be cheap enough to consider it where you are but an e-mail would probably cost me £0.50 a time, I have a considerable amount of messages to move so it's not really an option. Thanks anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    That might (I honestly don't know how much mobile phone service providers charge in the US) be cheap enough to consider it where you are but an e-mail would probably cost me £0.50 a time, I have a considerable amount of messages to move so it's not really an option. Thanks anyway .
    When I used the email it cost $0.59, so it can add up it you have dozens or hundreds!! I found that you can get a service which is $5/month and that includes 20 (or 50?) free emails and then at a discounted rate, also you can cancel anytime. So, you could just get it for the month...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    When I used the email it cost $0.59, so it can add up it you have dozens or hundreds!! I found that you can get a service which is $5/month and that includes 20 (or 50?) free emails and then at a discounted rate, also you can cancel anytime. So, you could just get it for the month...
    Yeah, I thought about something like that but I've just tried and the only forwarding option on my phone is to forward to another mobile number...this sucks!

Looks like I'm going to have to type them all out on my computer
    Last edited by Clivey; 01-15-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Does anybody know why SE would neglect to incorporate this function into their phones? Do they want to force customers to use an expensive service to transfer SMS's?

I might (if I can be bothered) send them an e-mail asking why the phone can't do it and also for assistance with the problem...

Thread Information