Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: body kits?

I thought body kits were ok untill after the fast and the furious came out...after that way to many people started to get them and now they are over used. After seeing tons of rusted out honda civics with mis matching body kits....something about that led me to the conclution that misused bodykits are stupid.

body kits are for what u guys say, but some dont look so bad, i saw one on a wrx not so long ago, nad it didnt looks bad at all, no rear whing, but it actually looked like it could carry speeds! damn... although i am biased coz i love everything subaru!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by HBloverb18
    sorry both yellow car icons lol, yea too bad it weighed a fortune lol but thats why they came up with the motor swap. Is that an mr2 on your icon or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by HBloverb18
    oops nvm its an audi? what type?

Actually, it's a Lotus Elise It's one of the greatest lightweight sports cars of all time.

The North American version will be powered by a slightly tweaked 190hp Toyota 1.8 VVT-i unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    body kits are for what u guys say, but some dont look so bad, i saw one on a wrx not so long ago, nad it didnt looks bad at all, no rear whing, but it actually looked like it could carry speeds! damn... although i am biased coz i love everything subaru!
    I agree that some look ok. It seems to be a nouveau taboo to even mention the word body-kit these days. Its all a matter of taste, balance and what suits a car. Bad body kits are like any mods. If you adopt attitude "lets put on everything you can buy" then they will probably look shithouse. Like spoilers, to me some cars suit them and others dont. I have to say this anyway as my SV8 has a factory option bodykit and I dont want you guys to start calling me a ricer.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

oh ok i just saw a thing on the lotus elise in HCI this month

Yeah, love the Elise, and apparently even though the American version is marginally heavier (as are all versions featuring the Toyota motor) it maitians it's superb balance and handling characteristics.

I also love the Elan. A true lightwieght classic. Actually HBlover, a piece of completely irrelevant trivia, Lotus designed the original Toyota MR2, but sold the design after they deemed it too heavy. Your guess wasn't as far out as you thought! Just so you know, my avatar (lovely and yellow isn't it?) is a Pagani Zonda C12. Very far removed from the Elise, that's for sure.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Well the VL commadores body kit was suprisingly effective on the race track i rember reading a drag coefficent of .32 or something (rember this is what i heard)like that i cant quite rember....the problem the "bird Bath" rear spoiler offerd too much downforce not doing any favors for treads....The VN being a much more bulbous car achieved worse scores. Apprently the most areodynamic v8 supercar ever was the VS commaodre exberts say thatcar with the current motor and revisions to its spoilering would be the fasted v8 super car youll see in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well the VL commadores body kit was suprisingly effective on the race track i rember reading a drag coefficent of .32 or something (rember this is what i heard)like that i cant quite rember....the problem the "bird Bath" rear spoiler offerd too much downforce not doing any favors for treads....The VN being a much more bulbous car achieved worse scores. Apprently the most areodynamic v8 supercar ever was the VS commaodre exberts say thatcar with the current motor and revisions to its spoilering would be the fasted v8 super car youll see in a long time.

the normal VL's were around 0.42 CD whilst the walkinshaws with their 65kg of bodykits and spoilers dropped down to 0.32 or thereabouts as you said. ive heard many people mention there was some special kind of slippery paint or something used as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the Stig

The Walkinshaw body kit is actually quite interesting. It included mouldings for the rear quarter windows to also help reduce drag. That it was designed for function over form probably explains why its appearance is a bit polarising. People who shitcan it probably dont understand that it was designed for racing, not the way most body kits are theses days.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

you can fit bigger wheels and tires (bigger wheels&tires=grip) on some cars if you install a body kit.

Thread Information