Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worst Kind of Racing

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    My least favourite though is CART (or IRL, whichever the street series is); they just follow each other nose to tail for whole races. It's dull.
    It used to be fun when Montoya was there. I don't follow it anymore so I have no clue. F1 was not boring at all last year (in general), but during Shumi's reign it was a very good way to catch some sleep.

Probably the best kind of racing anywhere (and everywhere) are local single marque championships. The best of them barely allow modifications. The racing is close and you see all kind of weekend warriors giving it all at the track. You might catch anything from Porsche Cup (World Wide) to Fiat Uno Cup (in Brasil) and its equally entertaining. I even came to know about a Lada championship.

Also, sprints (20-25 laps) are a lot more entertaining than endurance (to watch, not to drive ).
    Zag when they Zig

Another of my faves is rallycross. The cars are nuts and the racing is really close and hard fought.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Yes, but they have to battle against 40 other drivers, and they don't have traction control or power steering/brakes.
    Not mention, they don't always turn left.

Ever seen them suckers on Watkins Glen and Sears Point? Those are some hardcore races.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Worst kind of racing- Street racing
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Not mention, they don't always turn left.

Ever seen them suckers on Watkins Glen and Sears Point? Those are some hardcore races.
    I saw the Sears Point race on T.v. and it was interesting that the road racer lost while some guy who is always last or something won. Proves that nascar is harder than it looks.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Still not true. Ask the NASCAR fans in this forum if they only watch it for the crashes. The answer will be no. When you have a driver you follow year after year, race to race, it's exciting. A driver can climb from 36th place to 1st in 25 laps, or can go from 1st to 18th in 2 laps. It's eventful, both exciting/boring at times, and involves a good bit of strategy.
    i can ask the nascar fans on this site, or i can ask the majority like i said. my point is still the same. And the whole a driver can climb to bla bla bla postion or fall argument can happen in any racing and you can also follow a driver year after year, race to race in any racing as well. You havent once said either how nascar is more exciting or different than other racing.
    You can call me scott.

Attention all NASCAR haters! Please explain why you like the sport you watch, and btw, NASCAR takes tremendous amounts of skill! Try the Petty driving experience anywhere and all of you would reverse your comments about how NASCAR takes no skill.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

TRY *ANY* motorsport for real and you will be shocked.
    DOn't think anyone said NO skill did they ??????

NASCAR is fast no doubt but it's when compared to OTHER sports which requre different cornering, reaction and road surfaces that it doesnt' come to the same level of driver input as others.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm just going to Keep It Simple. I like almost all forms of racing, if it's on TV, and it's cool, I'm in. My fav's, in no order, are:

F1
    NASCAR
    NHRA/IHRA
    ALMS
    Grand Am
    IRL
    BTCC
    DTM
    Aussie Super V8 (if that is what it's called)
    WRC
    SCCA
    Speed World Challenge
    Drifting

I think thats about it. Now to clarify: I love the restrictor plate NASCAR races, and I love the big super speedway races in both NASCAR and IRL, other than that, I just watch random racing. I'll be honest though, all of that dirt track stuff is dull, and little ponces trying to be cool doing street racing need to be shot, and their cars given to me. To sell. For more bike stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    Attention all NASCAR haters! Please explain why you like the sport you watch, and btw, NASCAR takes tremendous amounts of skill! Try the Petty driving experience anywhere and all of you would reverse your comments about how NASCAR takes no skill.
    i agree w/ matra's previous post.

TRY *ANY* motorsport for real and you will be shocked.
    DOn't think anyone said NO skill did they ??????

NASCAR is fast no doubt but it's when compared to OTHER sports which requre different cornering, reaction and road surfaces that it doesnt' come to the same level of driver input as others.
    You can call me scott.

As a competitor the WORST motorsport for sure are "regularity trials" in rallying.
    These are average speeds to be maintained over distances on roads.
    More arithmetic-whilst-travelling and less about driving.

Fine for the cloth-cap-brigade and maybe once I'm retired
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Who deleted my post?

Thread Information