Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche is putting end on Carrera GT's production

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    Besides, the owners thawt total the CGT's should be murdered, they don't deserve to drive or own such a nice car if they're going to total it
    In other words you'd rather see a Carrera GT sitting in a garage collecting dust with delivery miles and two sunday trips on the clock?
    Do you think that when you push a supercar to it's limit, that there is no possibility of crashing it? The point of this car IS to be pushed, not to be driven at 20 kp/h through town centres.

lol women seldom drive supercars, or was she just too stupid and thought she could drive that thing fast. lol women are better off driving SLK55's than SLR's or Carrera GT's. Besides, the owners thawt total the CGT's should be murdered, they don't deserve to drive or own such a nice car if they're going to total it
    Stop being such an idiot. You have no idea what the circumstances were in any of those accidents. If you happen to be driving a supercar and another car pulls out in front of you and you swerve and end up crashing, are you an idiot? If you try to miss a small child running out in front of you and end up hitting a telephone pole, are you an idiot?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Besides, the owners thawt total the CGT's should be murdered, they don't deserve to drive or own such a nice car if they're going to total it
    F**k off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluppe
    Here some pics of unlucky C GT's...
    F**k off.

How can you assume that it is the owner's fault for causing a crash, and place the blame on them?

Accidents happen for many reasons, and to place the blame on, and be completely insulting to, someone who could have been seriously injured, or in one instance killed, because of a crash is naive, insesnitive and just stupid.

Go crawl back under your rocks.
    Thanks for all the fish

according to some articles i read, the C GT is the hardest to drive out of Enzo, C GT and SLR... basically it's all because of the clutch...
    either u slowly crawl from start, or u do a fastest start possible... it's hard to do anything in between.. or at least from what i've read...

^^^I would think that because the CGT is normally aspirated it'd have even and controllable power delivery.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    ^^^I would think that because the CGT is normally aspirated it'd have even and controllable power delivery.
    If as he suggested it's the clutch then the engine type is not that relevant.
    SOme racign clutches are so severe that you can't actually drive with ANY slip adn have to rely on gettign to speed quickly and teh tyres having some slip !!!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

what day in april? my b'day's on the 11th
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Many Women are quite capable drivers. Supercar, or Hair Dresser car. Some of the previous statments are just ignorant. For the record the second of the three little pics posted is the CGT from vancouver.

This is old news for me. I have pics of the last new Carrera GT that was ordered in Texas.
    Supposedly, according to 4 other dealers around here, no more Porsche dealers in Texas are to get any Carrera GTs.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!!!!
    its the end of the world as some people know it and i somehow feel fine. (note, this isn't how the song goes)
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Stop being such an idiot. You have no idea what the circumstances were in any of those accidents. If you happen to be driving a supercar and another car pulls out in front of you and you swerve and end up crashing, are you an idiot? If you try to miss a small child running out in front of you and end up hitting a telephone pole, are you an idiot?
    Well the accident happened at night, so I don't expect there was a small kid crossing the road. Also the car broke in two, wich means she probably was doing +200 km/h (at least she was driving more than 80km/h wich is the speed limit there), so she probably was an idiot!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

The CGT might even end up with less numbers produced than the F40, for which additional production runs had to be introduced to meet demand.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    I think 1250 CGTs is not bad at all. It means that there are 1250 people in the world who could pay 450000 Euros! Not bad ar all in my eyes
    Guess what, we get those in Finland aswell, you know what they cost? 795 000€ !!!! THAT'S why I don't see them every day here, although I know there are at least two with Finnish plates. The owners should be awarded with a diploma of stupidity for paying that much. For that price you'll get the car AND a resonable house abroad. It's been said that Finland is the country in the world with the most evenly distributed wealth, we have no real poverty nor homeless people but it's just stupid how the state tries to punish the rich. They don't seem to understand that it's easy for them to move abroad, which they usually do to save a fortune. Monaco is a second home for many of them. (Häkkinen etc...)
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Can't say it affects me too much, wasn't going to buy one...

It will always be here aswell ....

Thread Information