View Poll Results: Rate the 'Boring Factor' of the VE. **1 star being the MOST boring**

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll

15 15.63%

15 15.63%

12 12.50%

9 9.38%

5 5.21%
  • Screw you Adrenaline, this car ROCKS!!

40 41.67%
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: New VE Pictures. Is it a Commodore or a Falcon???

I remember when he grabbed the kid at the car door
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Ok, here's something to contemplate, with this all new design, and all of the different opinions thus far, considering the investment and the hype, will it stand a chance to win car of the year - even with perhaps a bundle of fantastic cars released in the same year? Consider it, personally, no, from what i've heard, but a part of me says it CAN because it is a commodore anyway and it will supposedly re-invigorate the large car segment.

The interior looks nothing spectacular, nor does it look schlocking, it just is really, and still has some design cues from the commo's of old. I will be greatly dissapointed if it does not surpass the BF in a majority of aspects such as refinement, build quality etc. Such a large amount of money being invested, I would hope that holden hasn't gone on looks and gone away with the smaller aspects of car manufacturing that make the difference.

The dash in the new commo' will be good no doubt, perhaps more Alfa esque dials? TFT screen as per standard and higher grade materials with an emphasis on chrome highlights and lighter tones for up spec models?

Im a ford fan no doubt, but I just pray this car doesn't bomb and come out as a big dissapointment to some. Its much the same as the Xbox360, so much hype pre release to deliver the goods, and I make this same statement to the VE - are we really expecting to much??

I think some people are putting high expectations on this car, but i think some of that hype might just be excitement because when you think of it it is kind of exciting. Holden, VE, 2006, all new design and possibly new models ect.

But in this situation im just gonna wait and see what happends.
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Holden have fuelled the high expectations. They kept saying its 'revolutionary'. And theres also the thing about the VE development budget...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

The wallet breaker
    Maybe early on they are going a touch easy on it's looks and try to concentrate on quality and wait 2 years for a change away from the VZ.
    More like ford did with the BF it's more on making it a better car rather then making it look different.

They keep saying VE will have more resemblance to VZ than it needs, care of the ute and wagon taking 12-24 months to reach the market after VE. Holden have never released the range all at the same time though, so i dont know why theyre so worried now.
    I am the Stig

Thats right the VT came out and the VS Ute was going till 2000 i think.
    I hope the waggon comes on but the Ute if them pics are anything to go on yuk.

The orange car in the first pic (Executive?). The front looks like a Holden Barina sedan and the back end looks like a cross between a Kia Rio and an Audi of some sort. The SS in the second pic has a VZ grille, VZ Monaro bumper and headlights reminiscent of a Lexus IS200/300. That Statesman looks like a butchered Audi A8 from the side. All I can say is that thank God I'm a Ford man!
    "Cars are like women; we all want a Ferrari, sometimes a pickup but end up with a station wagon" - Tim Allen

The VE isnt an ugly car IMO. Its good looking but not inspiring. LOL i cant quite see the lexus comparison. Just some advice here, dont let your passion for ford cloud your judgement
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Theres a new round of pictures of the VE doing the rounds that are perhaps the clearest yet of its exterior. The car's just got 2 car bra's and a bit of tape around the C pillar

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 05-03-2006 at 11:41 PM.
    I am the Stig

nice pics!!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

oh BTW FPV can you close the poll, its turning into a fanboy magnet. The screw you count was 39 five mins ago, now its 40! 99.99% have no posts, which annoys me.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Good find mate.
    Side on it's starting to go away from that 380 look at the bottom of the doors now.
    It's very small looking. And that colour looks like Chrome with the sun hitting it blind someone. It's anyones guess what the model is SV8 SS SS-V or what the hell they are going to call them, It could be a SV6 with Twin? Who knows, they show more but it's just confusing me now I'll wait till it's done and fully shown.

I just read it:d Some type of scoop on the front mudguards????

When I first saw the car I thought it was something special. Then I realised it was the new Commodore. As soon as the driver saw me taking pictures he got off the road," photographer David Caird says.
    That is the same thing that happen to my brother last year going to work he seen something he said was the torana.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 05-04-2006 at 01:23 AM.

Its looking a bit like a cross between a VZ, a BF and a Camry....Camry because of those rear doors. The trailing edge of them is pure current Camry..
    I am the Stig

Yeah i thought that to with the side picture.
    Something funny and it really means nothing but i have noticed it always looks dirty Is it a new paint?

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    oh BTW FPV can you close the poll, its turning into a fanboy magnet. The screw you count was 39 five mins ago, now its 40! 99.99% have no posts, which annoys me.
    lol did u check the other counts theres enough 0 posts in each result, even minus the 0 posts the outcome is pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    It's very small looking. And that colour looks like Chrome with the sun hitting it blind someone. It's anyones guess what the model is SV8 SS SS-V or what the hell they are going to call them, It could be a SV6 with Twin? Who knows, they show more but it's just confusing me now I'll wait till it's done and fully shown.
    I wonder if it is smaller or is it the bigger wheelbase and gaurds. Its got dual exausts so its prob not the exec. SV6 with twin, sounds sik
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Thread Information