Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $2,000,000 for a Cuda!?

“Change is easy, improvement is difficult.”
    - Dr. Ferry Porsche
    1991 965 Zermatt Silver

I should go see that car, it's not to far away from here. The dragstrip in the pic is the one I go to all the time.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

that car is nice ,but not that nice.I'm a big fan of the barrett-jackson auto auction. I remember them auctioning off the lincoln zepher.but I don't think it went for near that much.
    muscle cars are for girls,too!

Quote Originally Posted by mhaire
    that car is nice ,but not that nice.I'm a big fan of the barrett-jackson auto auction. I remember them auctioning off the lincoln zepher.but I don't think it went for near that much.
    The hot rod one? It sold for I am pretty sure about 480k it was one hell of a sexy car.
    Last edited by rev440; 02-20-2006 at 03:47 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Let us not forget that the people at Barrett-Jackson are the exception, not the rule.

Original muscle is valuable because it's unfooled around with. It's exactly as it would have been in 1970, and since most B-J Buyers buy for nostalgia (even if they weren't yet old enough to walk in 1970 in some cases) having an Original car is key.

Think about it. You are a millionaire. You want a hemi cuda more than anything. There are only 14.

What will you pay to have it?
    Cougar. Impala. Road Runner. Mustang. Barracuda. Marlin. Cobra. Wildcat. Falcon. Hornet. Tiger. Jaguar. Colt. Bronco. Viper. Bagheera. Gremlin. Stingray. Firebird. Pinto. Thunderbird. Eagle. Skylark.

Protect the Wildlife. Don't crush them, restore them.

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution
    Let us not forget that the people at Barrett-Jackson are the exception, not the rule.

Original muscle is valuable because it's unfooled around with. It's exactly as it would have been in 1970, and since most B-J Buyers buy for nostalgia (even if they weren't yet old enough to walk in 1970 in some cases) having an Original car is key.

Think about it. You are a millionaire. You want a hemi cuda more than anything. There are only 14.

What will you pay to have it?
    Barrett Jackson + a bunch of multimillionaire babyboomers + show-off more than brain + mass produced cars that have been built with low standard but nice shape and a lot of power + the fact this car is rarier than others because it has the most powerful engine = $2.000.000 car! Sorry but i dont agree with this equation...

I just restaured a mopar from the end of the sixties. I've never restored a car that was so badly built: lot of areas with no paint at all, oversize ingenering everywhere, not a panel was correctly fitted originally... when I bring the car to the paintshop, the owner said I did it wrong:
    Because I installed everything with perfect gaps. He then said to me that when he was selling Mopar at that time, they had to redo a lot of things when the cars arrived to the dealership. Compared to any not american muscle car from this era, these cars were simply crap. On top of it, these cars had no handling, no brakes and you could see them everywhere in the street. I will never pay millions because of rare options. It is simply ridiculous.
    And why they are rare: Because, at that time, there were an incredible choice of options, colors, special combo, etc.
    The problem with this crazyness is that normal people wont be able anymore to buy this kind of cars. Hope this "trend" will disapeared quickly...

My 2 cents.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm francophone...
    Last edited by vantage-v8; 02-22-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    Do you guys know what car that is? It is the most sought after muscle car. There were only 14 Hemi Convertibles made that year, and it represents the pinnacle of the muscle car era. There are more beautiful, faster, better handling cars on the market of course, but not many cars have balls like these 'cudas do.
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/event....asp?id=183447
    Nash Bridges had one. Yellow with white interior and black hood scoop.

The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Nash Bridges had one. Yellow with white interior and black hood scoop.

Its not a real hemi its a clone.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

But I still loved that show!
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Why only 14 built? I bet that kind of grunt & limited traction in a convertible meant the innterior got clouded with thick smoke everytime "Johnny" hit the gas pedal at the lights.
    What a way to fry!
    My best guess is that the 426 was sought after by serious drag racers instead of joe public, so i'm with you, TVR King.
    the price made me wonder though, what would I have bought if two mill fell into my lap? Probably a repro Challenger, with plenty of change left to fill the garage with other toys...

We must be getting better exposure on Google or something.
    Only reasonable explanation for all the thread revivals...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    possibly, we have been witnessing more than 1000 new active users over the last 4 weeks or so. And old threads can be interesting, this is a fluid community.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Rules of the Internet: It is always better to post in an existing thread about a topic than to start a new one.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    LULZ

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    possibly, we have been witnessing more than 1000 new active users over the last 4 weeks or so. And old threads can be interesting, this is a fluid community.
    that's quite usual, but if you count their total posts...shame...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I wonder if that 'Cuda is still worth 2 million

Thread Information