Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans

Americans

I don't understand why so many non-americans accuse Americans of being ignorant and stupid. Correct me if im wrong but back in the 19th century weren't the people of the World comming to America for a better life.
    Hitler said that he feared the U.S.A. because of how strong it was, not its military power, but of how strong its people were, the ambitious and outgoing farm boys of Europe left to go to the new world thus leaving the 2nd class citizens behind.
    We are the better half of your countries.
    Its like a gene pool, kind of selective breeding of the best you had to offer,
    Most of the worlds hates America because we are strong and powerful and their is no one left to challenge us. Russia has triped and can't get up and China is just a shadow of a threat.
    American cars were far better than any other country's cars in the 60s-early70s.
    Do i have to remind you 1966 GT at LeManns 1, 2, and 3.
    Now we have fallen behind.
    Germany does have the Autobann, which has less deaths per mile than the U.S.A. interstate system.

Its lonely at the top, but it is comforting to look at all of you beneath us.
    Last edited by Schmallz; 01-22-2006 at 06:32 PM.
    The best thing to do in a car short of sex is to go faster than everyone else on the road.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstopable!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmallz
    I don't understand why so many non-americans accuse Americans of being ignorant and stupid. Correct me if im wrong but back in the 19th century weren't the people of the World comming to America for a better life.
    Hitler said that he feared the U.S.A. because of how strong it was, not its military power, but of how strong its people were, the ambitious and outgoing farm boys of Europe left to go to the new world thus leaving the 2nd class citizens behind.
    Most of the worlds hates America because we are strong and powerful and their is no one left to challenge us.
    American cars were far better than any other country's cars in the 60s-early70s.
    Germany does have the Autobann, which has less deaths per mile than the U.S.A. interstate system.

Thank you for further stereotyping our 'idiocy'... ugh. I do not agree w/ any of the above.

America hasn't even podium'ed at LeMans since 1969. Oh, and Porsche took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, AND 8th in 1983 w/ their 956. http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...orique_gb.html
    Last edited by Rockefella; 01-22-2006 at 01:34 AM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    ............Most of the worlds hates America because we are strong and powerful and their is no one left to challenge us.....
    Russia and China can pwn us pretty bad if they want to.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Most of the worlds hates America because we are strong and powerful and their is no one left to challenge us.

The people going to amrica were usually the lower class farmers who had no outlook on a better life and an own farm. Your army might be strong,but it is killing your country in the meanwhile,with as result bankruptcy of the state within 10 years time.(kinda dumb,aint it )
    European cars and American cars from the 60's and early 70's were designed completely different.You cannot compare them at all. If you would have to, europan cars,were beter built(mostly),better designed etcetera.

The Ford GT was a design from some english dudes.Ford had it designed by the Lola company because they could not do it themselves You have fallen behind because of all the stubbornes Germany h th autobahn,but europe is superior in many more things For example we dont have a dictatorship,but a REAL democracatic government in every single country.The USA cant even create a democracy in their own country

We have lower crime rates,lower number of imprisonments/100 people. a couple of years ago,our crime nmbers were 50% of yours/100 people and imprisonments too. A tiny number of people is locked up by misake,and they get compensation.in th usa they dont get nothing.

We have a social insurance system for everyone.You pay xxx a month to the government,and when you get in hospital almost anything is paid for.When you lose your job,you get money each month. For everyone !!!

Thats all i can think of for a while,many more will probably come soon.
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-22-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Your army might be strong,but it is killing your country in the meanwhile,with as result bankruptcy of the state within 10 years time.(kinda dumb,aint it )
    Screw Bush.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Being anti-American is fashionable right now, but such blatant arrogance certainly doesn't help your cause.

I personally don't like some of the US foreign policy (My father works closely with some US Defence agencies) regarding terrorism and the Middle east, but by the same token they do give more to charity and humanitarian efforts than most of the world combined.

The whole world's being shot to hell right now, it doesn't help that Bush is seen as the person at the helm, and isn't doing anything to help. I know thats not true, but in such a harsh world, perception is EVERYTHING.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

My opinion is that you all need my opinion.
    I think Americans are selfish...thats all.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    I think Americans are selfish...thats all.
    most western people are
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

You can't make a discussion based on national stereotypes.

The topics raised can be properly addressed only with a social study.

As far as I am concerned, the opinions expressed are only opinions, with no back-up or reference.

I think the problem comes with having such a large population. With alot more people comes alot more idiots.
    I am the Stig

More people = more chances to get it wrong.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Is it me or does anyone think that this thread is quite random/stupid, and i don't think "Americans are stupid" Just there politions, oh wait, who voted for them
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Personally I think Schmallz has only lessened my opinion of Americans ... and if I want to live by stereotypes, I BLOODY WELL WILL! Now I'm going to sip my tea with my pinkie up on the croquet field.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Personally I think Schmallz has only lessened my opinion of Americans ... and if I want to live by stereotypes, I BLOODY WELL WILL! Now I'm going to sip my tea with my pinkie up on the croquet field.
    i'm gonna grab a beer and put some prawns on the bbq
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information