Thread: Model Kits

Model Kits

Does anybody know where I can get Revell model kits in the US? Revell's US website doesnt have very many models to choose from but their main site http://www.revell.de/en/modelkits/index.php has a bunch of cool model kits. I was interested in their motorcycle and car kits such as the two pictured below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Does anybody know where I can get Revell model kits in the US?
    Can't help with local model shops.
    A question over in news:\\rec.models.scale might get you an answer from someone local.

Another place you may have already tried is eBay - the only optionif it's an unlisted kit.

Does anybody know where I can get Revell model kits in the US? Revell's US website doesnt have very many models to choose from but their main site http://www.revell.de/en/modelkits/index.php has a bunch of cool model kits. I was interested in their motorcycle and car kits such as the two pictured below.
    Actually the 2 kits you've listed are from Revell Germany, which is NOT (sorry) the same company as Revell (USA) Monogram. As far as I know Hobby People (ex. Hobby Shack) used to carry some but now only a handful of small individual hobby shops have them.

My best bet..."Tony's Hobby" at City of Industry in S. CA.

Good luck.

Revell's motorcycle kits are mostly 1/9 scale Protar moulds. If you search for these you may be able to find a few, even in the USA. But beware there are only two opinions about Protar kits, to hate them or to love them. I belong to the second category, but it takes some effort to get them look nice.
    Protar has now been taken over by Italeri (another Italian company oif which I don't know whether its products are available in the USA) which has started to reissue a lot of there older models, which go back to the fifties. (There has been a model of the Moto-Guzzi 500cc V8, but I have never been able to buy that)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Revell's motorcycle kits are mostly 1/9 scale Protar moulds. If you search for these you may be able to find a few, even in the USA. But beware there are only two opinions about Protar kits, to hate them or to love them. I belong to the second category, but it takes some effort to get them look nice.
    Protar has now been taken over by Italeri (another Italian company oif which I don't know whether its products are available in the USA) which has started to reissue a lot of there older models, which go back to the fifties. (There has been a model of the Moto-Guzzi 500cc V8, but I have never been able to buy that)
    Yes we do have some Italeri kits available here in the U.S. but again it's those local smaller hobby shops that carry them. I wish they would re-issue all those older Ferrari kits from the early 90s...and that would be really nice.

Henk4,
    If you are talking about the 155 Pezzi Da Montare, then check out THIS LINK . They said one is comming this year.

Figuers corssed.

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    I wish they would re-issue all those older Ferrari kits from the early 90s
    This comes up every time Ferrari allow a model maker to release a kit.
    Ferrari are VERY protective of their image and seem to want to maximise the money THEY make from any kits.
    They don't make a hebit of allowing a kit maker to re-release a kit.
    If they want that they have to renegotiate a fee with Ferrari.
    Ferrari don't let them do it cheaply

There are lots of people with unopened Ferrari 1/12 312 Tamiya kits hoping to retire on the sale price in the years to come !!

Shame really, there were some great kits of the great Ferrari F1s.
    I've a couple waiting to be built in my 'stash'
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    Yes we do have some Italeri kits available here in the U.S. but again it's those local smaller hobby shops that carry them. I wish they would re-issue all those older Ferrari kits from the early 90s...and that would be really nice.

Henk4,
    If you are talking about the 155 Pezzi Da Montare, then check out THIS LINK . They said one is comming this year.

Figuers corssed.
    Thanks for the link,yes that's the one indeed. Great news, I have some pics of the actual bike and a report by somebody who actually built it. The kit has a very nasty reputation.

A couple of good places

I have seen the Ducati at one of these but don't remember which. The two places I would look are
    http://www.greatmodels.com/ and http://www.endlesshobbies.com/models_cars.htm

I have purchaces a lot of models from GreatModels, and they have a huge selection. I haven't gotten anything from Endless hobbies, but their selection has grown a lot in the last year.

SM
    Last edited by 2002GTI; 06-17-2004 at 03:43 PM.

Thread Information