View Poll Results: Which car would you prefer to own?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW M5

30 42.25%
  • BMW M6

41 57.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BMW M5 Vs M6

neither, if i had the money i might i think about that one with the custom coachwork, but then i probably still wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    neither, if i had the money i might i think about that one with the custom coachwork, but then i probably still wouldn't
    neither is not an option in the poll.
    The question is which would you choose between both those cars, not what you would do with the money they cost.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by M3GTR33
    The M5 has those chinky rice burner headlights though. The M6 will also be rarer, making it more exclusive. Every one is entitled to their own opinion though.
    So Im not the only one here who thinks the new 5 looks as such. I could at least tolerate the M6...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    neither is not an option in the poll.
    The question is which would you choose between both those cars, not what you would do with the money they cost.
    which is why i haven't voted in the poll. Both are ugly, over compicated to a point where they'd be a pain in the arse. I don't think I could live with iDrive or an SMG

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    which is why i haven't voted in the poll. Both are ugly, over compicated to a point where they'd be a pain in the arse. I don't think I could live with iDrive or an SMG
    The SMG is not that complicated, its actually a lot of fun... or so i have read.
    I do agree for the iDrive though...its a genuine pain in the ass.

Again, the question is not wether you would like them or not, but rather which of these two you would pick if you had the choice. ( imagin someone has a knife to your neck)
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 01-31-2006 at 10:44 AM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    The M6 looks like a parrot....
    The M5 looks like a stretched parrot on heroin.

I wouldn't say I like the way either car looks, but after seeing the M6 in real life, I see that it does kind of work. The M5 just doesn't in my books. I would take the M5 at the end of the day due to practicality and the fact that there is a near 20k price difference. But both cars way of working via all those 'fascist' electronic trickery really does not appeal to me.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    The SMG is not that complicated, its actually a lot of fun... or so i have read.
    yeah, on the track, but i've never seen anything positive about them anywhere else. why can't compaines make, or even offer as an option, normal sequentials, with a clutch pedal, rather than all these hydraulic, semi-automatic jobs

i'm not a fan of the 5 series back end. or the front end, for that matter. i miss the 2002ish BMW styling. the interiors of the car are near identical, as with the engines. my vote is the M6.

M5, near identical performance but it looks better and has a sleeper look to it, wont the sl500 driver next to u be surprised when u blow his doors off
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

M6, lighter and better looking
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

M5, looks nicer than the '6, it was the first with that engine, and has slightly more horsepower i believe, 507 to the M6 504 (this was a top gear test with AMV8 and New 911). Its just a nicer looker, and still looks dormant as jump15vc said, which could catch a few boy racers out.

the m6 by far the m6 is beautiful and they are making a convertible. The m5 is cool but it looks like a plain old sedan to me even though it is fast
    i like it when you call me big mommy.

Thats the whole point, Jock straps in their Vauxhall novas pull up alongside and expect to blow you away, especially as it idles like a diesel (though the m6 does have the same powerplant) Press the M button and blow them all away. M6 is more glitz and glam, obvious its got some power under the bonnet which i dislike more

Thread Information