Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda RA106 launch

Honda RA106 launch

It actually has sidepods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Honduh #2

This car looks very similar to the 2005 car. I guess a bit smaller and with the curving aero aids on the side of the side pods. Hopefully will be up there with BMW, Mclaren, Renault, Ferrari and Williams.
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

Honda #3

Quote Originally Posted by the real deal
    BMW, Mclaren, Renault, Ferrari and Williams.
    Dont forget Toyota and Red Bull
    I am the Stig

Some more pics from the launch at Barcelona.
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Dont forget Toyota and Red Bull
    O yea forgot bout them.

Dont worry it was meant more as a joke towards how many teams legitimately have something to prove, something to regain or something to defend.
    I am the Stig

Yea and i think out of all of those teams Honda and Ferrari are the two teams with the most to gain after last season. I Think that Honda will be the best prepared with Toyota and Renault as they already produce V8s for single seater race cars. Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes don't. Well Toyota did.

Looks like it would be tricky for the driver to get in the cockpit with all the protruding bodywork...they must have to step on the front wing and walk up the nose to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Looks like it would be tricky for the driver to get in the cockpit with all the protruding bodywork...they must have to step on the front wing and walk up the nose to get in.
    Either that or they get the team to bring them in on a carried throne.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    how many teams legitimately have something to prove, something to regain or something to defend.
    Thank God there are sow many teams that have to do that... F1 is already boring as hell but with the whole V8 thing I might get a bit closer.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    they must have to step on the front wing and walk up the nose to get in.
    Can you imagine the look on the engineers faces the first time someone tries that and breaks something? Its probably a good thing Sato isnt there anymore

Quote Originally Posted by the real deal
    Yea and i think out of all of those teams Honda and Ferrari are the two teams with the most to gain after last season. I Think that Honda will be the best prepared with Toyota and Renault as they already produce V8s for single seater race cars. Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes don't. Well Toyota did.
    Ferrari for sure, Honda im not so sure about. Its that reason with the V8's though that alot of people could be expecting a strong start for Williams. Mercedes though still has a cloud over it reliability wise.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Thank God there are sow many teams that have to do that... F1 is already boring as hell but with the whole V8 thing I might get a bit closer.
    Hopefully that idea lasts longer than the first few rounds as well. Whether its Ferrari, Renault or McLaren there always seems to be someone unhappy with domination.
    I am the Stig

I think that by the time the season start in Bahrain that the majority of the teams will have their reliability issues sorted out. BAR have been quick and there have been very minor reliability issuse so have Mclaren. The main worry for them was that they lost alot of testing time as the V8 would not fit in the 2005 car. So they we testing with the restricted V10. Lets hope that there are 6-7 teams all on a par with each other. Next season will be better with only Bridgestone as the sole tyer supplier.

Thread Information