Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD Forcing employees

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks

FORD Forcing employees

Hey guys! I was watching CNN when i heard a headline about Ford now forcing their employees to drive a Ford car to work or else they are not allowed to park in the factory parking lot. Now most Ford employees do drive Ford cars since they do get a healthy discount but i think forcing them to buy Ford cars is a ridiculous rule. I mean i know they're facing trouble with 3000 lay offs and the closures of several plants this week, but this one takes it too far. This only applies to one factory though not the corporation, but they say it may spread. For some reason the employee's union agreed to this..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

if you work for budlight you cant be seen drinking coors. its not that hard of a concept to understand, you work for a company and you get paid to better it, so why tarnish that hard work by promoting a competitor through your actions? not saying i agree, but its not really outlandish. they arent doing it cause they want their employee's money, but just the overall support and what not.
    You can call me scott.

^^Very True. And forcing employees sounds a bit too much my friend. They probably give them a amazing discount and hoping in return for that they to buy a product. In most cases thats how it works. My dad gets amazing discounts and we drive 3 toyotas and a chevy. And 2 of the toyotas are brand new. He doesnt work for strictly toyota now actually more on the ford line. And what do ya know, he just got a new 06 F-150. It just kinda works out like that but people try to stick names at it. Its simple economy.
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 01-27-2006 at 08:05 PM.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    not saying i agree, but its not really outlandish. they arent doing it cause they want their employee's money, but just the overall support and what not.
    no i disagree they are doing this obviously because they are in major need of money and they really can't force consumers but they can make life hell for their employees, and the "support" was never an issue before, all of a sudden it's supposed to become one when their stock is slowly turning worthless...
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

'BMWpower'...Why are you against this? You say that ford will make their lives "HELL" if they dont frive a Ford. Thats stupid. Is not being able to park in the factory car park making your life complete hell?? If you work for FORD, then why on Earth would you drive a Toyota??? And its only at one truck plant, and there has been no word that it will spread. It was the decision of the plant manager. Not Bill Ford.

Employees who don't drive Ford products can still park in an employee lot across the street from the plant.

Jerry Sullivan, president of United Auto Workers Local 600, which represents about 2,600 workers at the plant, applauded Webber's move.

"Everybody's in this together. (We need) to buy the products we make and support the company," Sullivan said. "This is a good place to start."
    You shouldn't call yourself a member of Fords team if u buy a toyota.
    And it doesnt "FORCE" them to do anything. It simply prohibits competitors cars from parking in the plant carpark. Now what the hell is so bad about that??
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

oh this is just terrible, if you work for ford you have to drive a ford to park in the ford lot

where do they get off doing this?

grow a hide. employers can do whatever they want, dont like it? dont work there, its not as if they said well fire you if you dont drive a ford, you just cant park in their lot...how is this so hard to comprehend?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I think an employee buying a Ford Vehicle with their own money is the best example of an employee who has confidence in his company, and most of all, his fellow workers and indeed their own abilities assembling cars.

And as for the Forcing employees to drive Fords to park in the lot; Forcing does not sound like something the Company would do; the WORST thing they could do right now was to get their workers offside.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

If there was something wrong with it the union would never agree...but they did!! Infact they applauded it!!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    no i disagree they are doing this obviously because they are in major need of money and they really can't force consumers but they can make life hell for their employees, and the "support" was never an issue before, all of a sudden it's supposed to become one when their stock is slowly turning worthless...
    so your saying just b/c it wasnt an issue before it shouldnt be now? they should just roll over? it is support, using your same logic i could say, "they didnt force them to buy them before for their money but they are now?" same logic, you argument falls through. it is support, so what if they were slow about doing it, its about time. a few customers buying cars is not going to save the company, but those customers displaying that the product is good to thousands of others helps alot more.
    You can call me scott.

If I was in control of ford i would be offended by seeing my emplyees driving toyotas to work!!! Ford (errr..that single factory) have every right to do what they want....and what they are doing is not unjust, its just logical.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Come to think of it, it works out. Get their employees to buy a Ford and it shows to the reputation of the company, as IB4R said. Don't buy a Ford and we have one less employee to pay ....

Force me if I'm a Ford employee.
    I love some of their cars though. I meant MOST. What's wrong?
    If I'm some employee there that gets a good pay, I'll buy myself a GT. I love it very much, besides, it's the best Ford! So, there isn't a problem with that to me.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Except if you could afford a GT you wouldn't be worker in the Ford factory ...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I think an employee buying a Ford Vehicle with their own money is the best example of an employee who has confidence in his company, and most of all, his fellow workers and indeed their own abilities assembling cars.
    I suspect that's the problem.

Not a great image for FORD if most cars in the parking lot at the front door are NOT Fords

Of course only the big three would then conclude that the solution is to ban the owners of non-Fords from parking there. Oh no, heaven forbid that they actually think that the solution is TO MAKE BETTER CARS !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I suspect that's the problem.

Not a great image for FORD if most cars in the parking lot at the front door are NOT Fords

Of course only the big three would then conclude that the solution is to ban the owners of non-Fords from parking there. Oh no, heaven forbid that they actually think that the solution is TO MAKE BETTER CARS !!!!!
    Which is cheaper and easier for Ford to do?

Precisely.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information