View Poll Results: Who's picture do you think is best?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • SnowSkaterx8

1 3.13%
  • Piacki117

0 0%
  • Niko_Fx

0 0%
  • Zeppelin

12 37.50%
  • Sauc3

12 37.50%
  • spi-ti-tout

2 6.25%
  • 2ndclasscitizen

0 0%
  • RacingManiac

1 3.13%
  • forza_autodelta

0 0%
  • Suzq044

1 3.13%
  • RazaBlade

0 0%
  • Derekthetree

0 0%
  • Drakkie

0 0%
  • Tourbillon

0 0%
  • Johnnynumfiv

3 9.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Photography Competition #33 [Voting]

General Photography Competition #33 [Voting]

Vote for which photo you think is best. Click here to vote in the Automotive Photography Voting thread.

SnowSkaterx8
    2 Aug 2005
    Digital, Nikon Coolpix 3200
    Plants through rail in the Everglades, FL

Piacki117
    Old Skyscrapers
    Paris, France
    19/12/05
    Kyocera Finecam S3R

Niko_Fx
    My Dad
    Park - Boca Raton
    1 week ago
    Kodak Z740

Zeppelin
    Lightning off the coast of Oregon
    July 22 2005
    Kodak DX6340

Sauc3
    Helicopter at sunset
    Black Rock
    22/1/06
    Konica Minolta Dynax 7D

spi-ti-tout
    Pipes
    My uncle's house
    11/01/06
    Sony DSC-W7

2ndclasscitizen
    Smokey Cape Lighthouse
    Smokey Cape
    After New Year, 2006
    Pentax *ist DS w/ Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro

RacingManiac
    "Zeiss Ikon"
    Last Saturday
    Fold Out Arm of an Old Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta A
    Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D

Niko and Zeppelin, both your pictures are red xs because they don't seem to be uploaded right, and I can't view them even from the original upload thread. If you can upload them again in this thread, I'll edit them into the thread.
    Last edited by Sauc3; 01-29-2006 at 09:51 AM.

forza_autodelta
    "sunset trees"
    21/01/06
    from my bedroom
    Canon powershot A95

Suzq044
    Jan 26, 06
    Olympus E300 Evolt SLR
    Vase by the Fireplace

RazaBlade
    Fuji Z2
    Clouds

Derekthetree
    ricoh r2
    waterfalls

Drakkie
    december 20th
    Olympus D-540Z
    Suurlandbrug,Rotterdam

Tourbillon
    20th January 2006, 5:18 pm
    Nokia N70
    My house, just an orchid

Johnnynumfiv
    Yesterday
    Canon S2 IS
    My amp

SPHFerrari (I believe that this picture does not pass the rules set for the contest.)
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...9&postcount=50

there are jsut two really good pictures in here. Spit-it-outs and suzq44. I suspect Sauc3 of photoshopping.The shutter time of the camera must have been extremly low for the blades of the helicopter,but again very long for a picture that was not very dark.Now it was long shuttertime+photoshop or either shot shutter time and photoshop. Could you please explain,dude...

Can you give me a hi-res version of it for closer inspection ??? Remeber even though you dont mke the comp. you can still be banned from it I can just start making it again (might do again soon).
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-29-2006 at 10:33 AM.

Meh now you say it I think it's just a scenery and he added the chopper there, from another pic.
    But I have to say I really love it.
    UCP's FIRST proud owner of a Nokia N70.
    UCP's HIM and Avenged Sevenfold fan.
    UCP's watch expert.

I don't think it was photoshopped beyond brightness/contrast. If the expoure was longer, like you say, the waves would be blurrede aswell.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Sauc3 is a good mate and I don't believe he photoshopped his entry into this week's comp. However, I can't explain it for him, so Dann?

Zeppelin got my vote, something new thats why, but that doesn't say the others arn't class
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Sauc3 what are you doing? I run the comps every monday and tomorrow was routine proceedure. You couldve atleast asked if you could post this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    there are jsut two really good pictures in here. Spit-it-outs and suzq44. I suspect Sauc3 of photoshopping.The shutter time of the camera must have been extremly low for the blades of the helicopter,but again very long for a picture that was not very dark.Now it was long shuttertime+photoshop or either shot shutter time and photoshop. Could you please explain,dude...

Can you give me a hi-res version of it for closer inspection ??? Remeber even though you dont mke the comp. you can still be banned from it I can just start making it again (might do again soon).
    I don't believe that is photoshopped, because shooting straight into the sun will give a pretty fast shutter speed (the sun is well away from dropping below the horizon, so well away from being dark) which is consistent with the helicopter blades being frozen.
    It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

thats definitely not photoshopped; at least not beyond color/contrast etc.. i took a pic like this near the airport; i expected the rotors to be blurred as well, but they weren't.. just cause they aren't doesnt mean it was photoshopped. [my photo was at dusk too]

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    Sauc3 what are you doing? I run the comps every monday and tomorrow was routine proceedure. You couldve atleast asked if you could post this or not.
    I put these up because the date in the rules which states to put the polls up was 2 days ago.

No I did not edit my picture, as Dorricc stated shooting into the sun requires a quick shutter speed, so the blades of the chopper were pretty much frozen in mid-air. If someone can tell me how to access the EXIF files, because I don't know, I can give everyone the exact information of the shot.
    As Suzq said as well, the blades can easily be frozen in mid air with a shot. I have two other shots of the helicopter as well as it was approaching and leaving, without looking into the sun, the blades were still near frozen, with only a very slight blur involved because of the brightness of the sun.
    Drakkie, no sorry I can't give you the high-res version because I have some interest from people who would like to purchase the shot in full size and it would make it very unfair for people who pay to have the picture get on the internet for free.

From what I do know how to access, all 3 pictures of the helicopters were taken at 8:16pm.

if you have windows, right click file -> properties> click advanced & it'll show you the camera properties too [ie shutter speed, f-stop.. format.. things like that] screenshot that & i'm sure it'd be plenty of proof for the nay-sayers here. lol

Here's what came of that, not sure if it's meant to show more or not ?

At the bottom it IS clearly visible that PICT2868,2869 and 2870 are the pictures which contain the helicopter shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i think that the rule that you can not make any changes to the photo at all to be elligable for the photography contest is rediculously stupid. in todays world of digital photography photoshop is vastly important. it is rare that a photo that is published hasnt been edited in photoshop, its just the way the industry has evolved. having a photo competition where you cannot adjust exposure contrast saturation sharpness and other important features is like saying you cannot use a contrast filter or dodge and burn in the darkroom. (just in case you didnt know, contrast and exposure adjustments werent techniques invented by adobe).

obviously there is a fine line between making adjustments to a photograph and creating a computer generated image. but, in general, a photo is still a photo until you have added something that wasnt there.

an expert with photoshop cannot make a bad photograph good. crap going in = crap coming out. you can rescue an otherwise un-noteworthy frame, but u cant create a masterpeice out of nothing. no matter how much photoshop has been done, the ones that are truly good photos will stand out amongst the others.

this is just my opinion, that that rule should be removed. if you feel differently then explain why you feel that way. maybe you will convince me.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

as a replacement for my illegitimate photo i offer this. unless you wont allow it because it is not as shot out of the camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thread Information