Thread: Audi S3 Spotted!!!

Audi S3 Spotted!!!

This is Audi's next S3, caught undisguised in winter testing. The German manufacturer is expected to launch the car at the end of this year, fitted with a 2.0-litre TFSI engine producing around 270bhp.

Apart from the fact that Audi has elected to fit the regular turbo engine instead of the 3.2-litre V6 that was under consideration, little is known about the latest hot hatch from Ingolstadt.

Nevertheless, the recent signs have been promising: the S8 and S6 are highly accomplished and the RS4 won new areas of respect on its launch last year.

The S3 is in the vein of past S Audis - restrained muscularity
    30166111221.jpg

3016619111.jpg

Maybe an "RS3" model is planned...we might yet see the 3.2 V6 in the '3. Hopefully...

...It'd be the equivalent of the VW Golf model range with the GTI using a 2 litre turbo and the R32 using the V6.

Now, let's hope that a decision maker from Audi reads this.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

The images aren't much bigger than the thumbnails are they?
    Cheers for the pics and info though.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    Maybe an "RS3" model is planned...we might yet see the 3.2 V6 in the '3. Hopefully...
    its called the 3.2 Quattro Sportback, and its bloody expensive here, more than the R32 Golf, and not that great

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    its called the 3.2 Quattro Sportback, and its bloody expensive here, more than the R32 Golf, and not that great
    Yeah, I know about that but if they took that car and "made it an RS3" if you follow me (up the power etc, change the bodystyling and so on, to "RS" levels) it'd probably be all the better for it...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    The A3 3.2 Quattro also comes in a 2 door model, not just the 4 door Sportback. It costs $41,000.00 USD here in Mexico. I like it much better then the R32 Golf. The interior is just gorgeous.

It would be nice if Audi made an RS3 with the 3.2 V6 and a turbo maybe?? 270 HP isn't much of an improvement over the 250 HP offered in the 3.2, 300+ HP would be nice.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    It would be nice if Audi made an RS3 with the 3.2 V6 and a turbo maybe?? 270 HP isn't much of an improvement over the 250 HP offered in the 3.2, 300+ HP would be nice.
    That's exactly the kind of thing I mean...

The A3 3.2 Quattro also comes in a 2 door model, not just the 4 door Sportback. It costs $41,000.00 USD here in Mexico. I like it much better then the R32 Golf. The interior is just gorgeous.

its only available in the 5 door sportback here. you can't get any of the good 3 door A3s in oz, only the 1.6 and 2.0 FSI

yea an rs3 would be sick
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

sad thing is,i wont get to see the coupe,that's sucksssssss!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    sad thing is,i wont get to see the coupe,that's sucksssssss!
    Why not, did you get the other job??
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey

...It'd be the equivalent of the VW Golf model range with the GTI using a 2 litre turbo and the R32 using the V6.

Now, let's hope that a decision maker from Audi reads this.

I think you mean r36... the r32 is not to be revived... at least according to "accurate" rumors (what an oxymoron).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSubaruSTi
    I think you mean r36... the r32 is not to be revived... at least according to "accurate" rumors (what an oxymoron).
    Ahh no the r36 is not going ahead... there MkIV Golf R32 is out.. been out for sometime...
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSubaruSTi
    except that top gear's already tested it against the 130i M, MOTOR printed a test of it compared to the 130i M and STi, so whatever rumour you heard was really inaccurate

The 2.0 tFSI is a legit motor. Puts down over 200 to the wheels (about 40 more than the 1.8).

Thread Information