Thread: HONDA CIVIC vs. NISSIAN SENTRA

HONDA CIVIC vs. NISSIAN SENTRA

HI im thinking about buying a honda civic or a nissian sentra. If i bought a civic it would probably be a '00 or '01. if i bought a sentra it may be closer to 03 or maybe new since they are about the same price as the used civics. are sentras as reliable? gas milage? longevity w/ out as big reputation as honda? if you have any info please let me know. thanks! worth buying used civic or new honda???? only have about 10,000- 11,000 to spend. will get honda hopefully around 50 K miles [email protected] please reply

Well depends im gonna side with honda cuz i love the motors, i think you should get a 99' or 00' honda civic si coupe with the b16a2 motor in electron blue pearl, but the nissan sentra seR i think is rated at about the same horsepower but is a 4 door so its up for grabs.

The Sentra SE-R might be rated about the same HP as the Civic, but that's not even half the story. The real story is torque.
    The SE-R is rated at 170 HP, 175 ft-lbs. The SE-R Spec V is rated 175 hp, 180 ft-lbs. I believe the Civic Si is rated at 160 HP, and only 132 ft-lbs, which is typical of today's Honda motors. Prepare to wind it up. I drove an S2000, and even that was like a golf cart below 3500 rpm. But doing 82 mph in 2nd gear at 9000 rpm was pretty fun.
    Whereas you have to spin the Civic's tach to the redline constantly to get to its potential, useable torque such as that provided by the QR25DE in the SE-R makes for a much more powerful experience in everyday driving.

I can't vouch for the long-term reliability of a new Sentra, but with 120,000 miles my wife's 1992 Sentra has been totally bulletproof. That little car just takes whatever she throws at it and keeps on going. Of course, the same can be said for most Civics I know of that are the same age.

I'd take the Sentra SE-R over any Civic available now. However, it seems like you're looking at a used one. If you're just looking for good, reliable transportation, you really can't go wrong with either of them.

Take a look in the classifieds, and then scoop up whatever is the best value. You probably won't find to many that aren't in really good condition, so just play it by milage. Good luck

They're both nice cars, but I believe he wasn't talking about any SE-R nor SI just regular ones.

If you do have the chance get an SI or SE-R (Where the SE-R's introduced already in 2000-2001? I son't know..) get them

I have a 2001 Civic and it is a pretty good car and the gas consumption is great (I bet the sentra too) They're kind of the same...

I like the Civic better because in my opinion it looks better... (talking about the coupe)

If you're going to buy a new Sentra, get the Sentra Spec-V version.

honda's hold their value incredibly well...expect to lose only a small percentage per year when you sell it, versus the sentra which will probably face a more significant drop. Unless you plan on owning it forever (why?) in which case a new car would be nice.

I would pick the honda.

This is coming from a 92 civic EX owner...I love my car...parts are real cheap too, i just fixed my rear brakes (all new, calipers and rotors) for 234...

A sentra is definately a good car, and the newer ones have probably stepped up the game even further....but honda's are just damn nice.

-A
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Thread Information