Thread: Midland M16

Midland M16

Midland officially launched their 2006 car, the M16, at Silverstone on Friday. Here the specs for the new car and its engine...

M16 Technical SpecificationsChassis - Full carbon fibre composite monocoque Front suspension - Composite pushrods activating chassis mounted in-line dampers and torsion bars, unequal length composite aerodynamic wishbones, front anti-roll bar and cast uprights Rear suspension - Composite pushrods activating gearbox mounted rotary dampers & torsion bars, unequal length composite aerodynamic wishbones, and cast uprights Transmission - In-house Midland MF1 Racing design. 7-speed + reverse longitudinal gearbox with electrohydraulic sequential gear change

DimensionsWheel base - More than 3000mmFront track - 1480mm Rear track - 1418mm Overall height - 950mm Overall length - Approx. 5000 mmOverall weight - 601kg (with driver) Clutch - Triple plate AP racing clutch Wheels - Forged BBS wheels to MF1 Racing specification Fuel tank capacity - Over 90 kgRVX-06 Engine SpecificationsDesignation - RVX-06 Number of cylinders - 8 Capacity - 2398cc Horsepower - More than 700bhp Revolutions - Approx. 20,000rpm Valve actuation - Pneumatic Throttle actuation - Hydraulic Spark plugs - DENSO

Hope it fares better than Jordan did last season
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    Hope it fares better than Jordan did last season
    It should considering that the M16 is a brand new chassis compared to the Jordan EJ15 and EJ15B that both were 4 year old chassis

well if you guage that car on potential with all the business of the body work and junk with all the little winglets and formes ducts and tight rounded lower body work, it has some good potential, comparitively it seems to be one of the more crazy designs in-terms of potential and bodywork

I hate where www.crash.net puts the copyright thingy on their pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

i thought this thread was about the m16

(which i thought was in the midlands but appears to have been around london )

The car certainly looks the business with all the 2006-ish aero bits and suspension layout(no-keel/zero keel), with an up-to-date powerplant. Maybe they can indeed be more competitive than Jordan was...

It looks a lot like the Williams FW28

That is one ulgy F1 car... specially the sidepods.
    Zag when they Zig

MF1 drivers eager to form a strong partnership.

Having spent last year competing against each other for the dubious honour of not being on the back of the Formula One grid, both Tiago Monteiro and Christijan Albers think they are ‘clever' enough to push the newly created MF1 Racing team up the grid this season.

"We got along very well last year even though we were competitors on track," Monteiro told Crash.Net Radio, "We don't know each other very well but we are learning from each other."

However, while both drivers are very confident in each others ability and the fact that there is no established ‘number one' driver within the team, both are nonetheless eager to outpace one another at the same time.

"He is a very clever guy and he knows we have to work together to improve because it is for the teams best interest," the Portuguese driver continued. "Obviously we both want to beat each other but I don't see any problems for the future."

Having had issues with his ‘hyped up' Minardi team mate, Robert Doornbos, last season, Albers seems happy this time to have Monteiro partnering him this year.

"For me it is quite good," Albers commented, "because he was ‘rookie of the year' last year and I think it is good to have a driver which is considered quite high, so it is good for me that I have him as a team mate."

"We can work really well together and I think we are both clever enough to, first, focus completely on the car and focus on each other to make the car as quick as possible and get it on the pace."

Thread Information