Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3DMark Scores / Rig Specs

You are quite right, the prices i was talking about was for the 8xxEE cpus, i had no idea the 955s were out in the uk, however the high performance ones will be the 65Nm which should completely blow these out of the water (reported dell shipping at 4.3Ghz!!!), sorry for that slip.

Dell would say that, i have a few articles from a well known Uk mag which gos into depth into the antitrust stuff intel are supposedly breaking, AMD would provide a benefit to dell, just not as big as someone like Voodoo Pcs as they produce low end office stuff (usually) that performance is not a factor in. the 65nm presler Dells should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Add shipping, add VAT and it don't make the price point by a large margin.

PS: I have bought via newegg on stuff that is late coming to Europe The UK tax folks are getting hotter at stopping shipments and charging the VAT
    Sucks for you guys. I ordered off NewEgg on a Tuesday at 7 pm, it came Thursday at 4 pm. Top notch service/pricing.

Rockefella! What do you think the best car in the world is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardude1111
    Rockefella! What do you think the best car in the world is.
    In your PM box.

Quote Originally Posted by bennywidag
    You are quite right, the prices i was talking about was for the 8xxEE cpus, i had no idea the 955s were out in the uk, however the high performance ones will be the 65Nm which should completely blow these out of the water (reported dell shipping at 4.3Ghz!!!), sorry for that slip.
    erm teh Presler core IS 65nm

I think you're thinking of Conroe ( the next 65nm die ) which is getting the heat down and maintaining benchmark performance by giving up 2/3 of the "expensive" pipeline. We're not convinced on our real world apps that it will match
    Dell would say that, i have a few articles from a well known Uk mag which gos into depth into the antitrust stuff intel are supposedly breaking, AMD would provide a benefit to dell, just not as big as someone like Voodoo Pcs as they produce low end office stuff (usually) that performance is not a factor in. the 65nm presler Dells should be interesting
    But to go over their points, then if a company gives a customer too many choices then you get them to starting THINKING abotu their choice and htat's bad. Because they will lieikly also think abotu a competitor. If you keep a simple produce line and simple choices then th ereputation will ease a faster decision by most buyrs to stick with who they like !! As i'd said, Dell's sales and profits speaks for themself. I woulnd't be comfortable going against their decisions
    The Dell 955Es are OUT -- they're asking for a £650 premium over the 940 which is really ripping the customer off !!!! What's the betting tho' that they will be selling OODLES of them and making MORE of their healthy profit !
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Sucks for you guys. I ordered off NewEgg on a Tuesday at 7 pm, it came Thursday at 4 pm. Top notch service/pricing.
    a 955ee ? If seriously then please PM me your mobo I might be askign for a wee favour to run a benchmark
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

a 955ee ? If seriously then please PM me your mobo I might be askign for a wee favour to run a benchmark
    I ordered a Belkin Pre-N router, not a mobo. Idk where you got that idea from, damn Scottish fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I ordered a Belkin Pre-N router, not a mobo. Idk where you got that idea from, damn Scottish fool.
    Sorry R, the newegg was mentioned becase we were discussing prices of the 955ee. Then you mentioned you had orderd off of newegg !!!!
    So you had my hopes up of running a test for me

Sorry R, the newegg was mentioned becase we were discussing prices of the 955ee. Then you mentioned you had orderd off of newegg !!!!
    So you had my hopes up of running a test for me
    Hah, no problem, I was just busting your balls there. I can run some benchmarks on my shit mobo if you want.

Matra you are indeed quite right, just checked on overclockers and the 65nm is from presler on, and i thought it was due out in june. i will have to slap my associate at the forum i mod, told me this crud.

i bow to you my lord

And thinking about it you are right with the dell thing, if they said you could have a amd or a p4, people would have a choice, and if this was a office or company they are selling to then they would spend no end of time deciding, and this would go on, so it is kinda a good choice going on one, except in their high end XPS systems, which really would benefit from a AMD.

Few games are CPU limited.
    It's bandwidth to the best video card(s)

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    hes got all these parts sighting there, and he only has 3 games installed, MOHAA, Warcraft 2 and Mechwarrior 3, and he says "So Jack, you know these things, do you reckon it could play Mechwarrior well ?" i think he's only bought them to make me work hard at school, but know he as an SLi system, i am going to have to force him to try UT...
    You wish......2x 6600GT is just a little better than a single 6800GT, so don't even think about UT2007.

So leave the job to me when I do the SLI in a few months.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    You wish......2x 6600GT is just a little better than a single 6800GT, so don't even think about UT2007.

And what GPU(s) are you intending on getting?
    My friend has duel 6600GTs and with at stock clock settings he can get 70-75fps in the Lost Coast test [max gfx].. beyond the needs of most games out now.

BTW do you know of any good sites for info on UT07? i havent heard about it before just now... my friends and i stoped playing UT at like 03 lol, good stuff. What physics engine is 07 gonna use?

EDIT: google is my frieeennnd...
    Last edited by PsychoChimp22; 02-13-2006 at 09:43 PM.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap

i have UT (so old it has no year, it is known as "Game Of The Year Edition", Yeah, but which year????? Oh well, that runs on Linux so he'll probably like it!) and UT 2004, although i havent got it installed, as it isnt technically mine

Thread Information