Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vauxhall (Opel) Monaro

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    A Vauxhall or Opel badge does not a European car make. It is still a True Blue Aussie car. Built in Melbourne no less.
    No, it's... err... based on the Vectra... yeah, that's right the Vectra and built by hmm... German engineers using French parts under British supervision and I'm pretty sure they had some Italians on the payroll aswell... and some Poles supplied the vodka so the Finns could get drunk... while the Swedes were debating. So there you go: European.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    No, it's... err... based on the Vectra... yeah, that's right the Vectra and built by hmm... German engineers using French parts under British supervision and I'm pretty sure they had some Italians on the payroll aswell... and some Poles supplied the vodka so the Finns could get drunk... while the Swedes were debating. So there you go: European.
    i'd have sworn it was built by a pair of trained madagascan cyber monkeys using parts salvaged from VW and SEAT under neo-nazi supervision in a tool shed in denmark.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    The Monaro is pure Aussie. You have to go back to a tenuous link to the Opel Commodore.

We didnt' have a hand in it other then the Brits demanding it and buying every one they were willing to ship
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    Originally posted by Pando

A Vauxhall or Opel badge does not a European car make. It is still a True Blue Aussie car. Built in Melbourne no less.
    Welcome to the Volvoman

Just a minor technicality I know .. but about 45% of your True Blue Aussie car is fully imported, including engine/transmission

Btw Holdens are manufactured in Adelaide - a 9 hour drive from Melbourne

He swings.... he misses.

I need to drive that Monaro at some point. It looks like fun, but I'll need an airfield I think.

Welcome to UCP. And all that.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Welcome to the Volvoman

Just a minor technicality I know .. but about 45% of your True Blue Aussie car is fully imported, including engine/transmission

Btw Holdens are manufactured in Adelaide - a 9 hour drive from Melbourne
    But how is this for a shock, My mate delivered the first bunch of 6LT Monaros to be shipped overseas, This was before it was ready to go, Down here that was 2, He had his Phone removed truck checked and truck searched, Plus he had a Security guard with him, He said it was the Monaro it looked like a BMW front grill with 6LT badge on it. The rest was coverd. I said that's the GTO. He said the guy loading them on board said these engines are to powerful for Australia Cough. 6LT HSV GTO
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    He said the guy loading them on board said these engines are to powerful for Australia Cough. 6LT HSV GTO

*cough* 2001-on HSV GTS (400hp Callaway C4B) *cough gasp splutter burp*

Thread Information