Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mini Dragster 2006

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,034

    Mini Dragster 2006

    Mini Dragster - The fastest Mini in the world.

    2/8/2006 -- Mini USA will feature its one-of-a-kind record-breaking Mini dragster at the Chicago Auto Show February 10-19. The award-winning Mini holds the impressive title, "World's Fastest Mini." Also highlighted in Chicago are enhancements to Mini's 2006 model line, including several new packages and optional features. Most notable are a new Checkmate package and new factory-installed John Cooper Works package.

    Record-Setting Mini Dragster

    The outrageous carbon fiber Mini dragster, created in collaboration with extreme California based tuner Fireball Tim Racing (FTR), wowed crowds at import and tuner shows and events this past fall. The car was equally as impressive on the drag strip. The Mini USA/FTR dragster as the "World's Fastest Mini" is potent, with the turbo, supercharged and nitrous powered Mini Cooper S dragster pulling a best-time of 11.26 seconds at 121.26 miles per hour in the quarter-mile run.

    Mini USA provided FTR with a carbon-fiber bodied, 1700 lb Mini Cooper S with the John Cooper Works kit and a supply of parts and accessories to create the 500 horsepower, twin-charged drag monster. Hollywood car designer and constructor Fireball Tim (Lawrence), and partner, import drag racer and tuner, Hubie Fuh built the show-stopping Mini dragster. The two specialize in creating all forms of extreme, record-setting street and race cars.

    At the Hot Import Nights in Phoenix, Arizona this fall, the extreme Mini beat 300 competitors to win the "Best Engineered" award with its polished under-hood hardware and eye-catching graphics. The Mini USA/FTR creation also made its drag strip debut this fall and has appeared at select events over the last several months, including SEMA in Las Vegas, NV, the NHRA Sport Compact World Finals in Pomona, CA, Hot Import Nights in Phoenix AZ and Hot Import Nights in Los Angeles, CA.

    Fireball Tim

    Fireball Tim is famous for his many maniacal movie car designs from films like Son Of The Mask, Jurassic Park and about 50 others.

    Checkmate Package New for 2006

    While customers may not be able to order up an exotic Mini dragster at their Mini dealer, anyone can individualize their Mini to meet their desires. For 2006, Mini USA offers even more ways for owners to individualize their Mini. Available on the Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper S hardtop models, the Checkmate package features an exclusive exterior appearance with special Checkmate side decals, a rear spoiler and bonnet stripes. The custom Checkmate interior offers uniquely patterned cloth/leather sport seats, leather wrapped wheel and a high-gloss, specially patterned dash panel. An exclusive performance wheel and tire package, Dynamic Stability Control and font fog lamps round out the package's sporty orientation.

    John Cooper Works Kit Now Factory-Installed

    Mini has now made the popular John Cooper Works performance upgrade available as a 2006 factory-installed option. In addition to the engine performance upgrade, the factory installation adds the John Cooper Works sport brake kit and a limited-slip differential. Along with the expanded line of John Cooper Works tuner accessories, Mini USA will continue to offer the dealer-installed John Cooper Works engine performance kit.

    Mini USA also expands its line of optional equipment for 2006. New interior options include English Leather upholstery, a Mini "Seven" high-gloss black dash panel and a Mini "Park Lane" dash. Exterior options include roof, mirror caps and bonnet stripes now available in silver, new paint colors including Solar Red, Royal Grey and Space Blue and two new 15" no-cost wheel packages for the Mini Cooper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

    Being nice since 2007.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    YAWN .... why does every tuner make claims like "Fastest in the world" ???

    Z-cars Mini is good for 11s and 130mph terminal.

    Sorry guys, NOT anti-American, but it does seem a trait
    At the presentation of the Lombardi trophy someone even amde the claim "world champions" Kind of forgetting it was only the NFL teams that played !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Sorry guys, NOT anti-American, but it does seem a trait
    At the presentation of the Lombardi trophy someone even amde the claim "world champions" Kind of forgetting it was only the NFL teams that played !!!!
    Yea i've always thought that was funny too. Same goes for the Baseball World Series.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    YAWN .... why does every tuner make claims like "Fastest in the world" ???

    Z-cars Mini is good for 11s and 130mph terminal.

    Sorry guys, NOT anti-American, but it does seem a trait
    At the presentation of the Lombardi trophy someone even amde the claim "world champions" Kind of forgetting it was only the NFL teams that played !!!!
    thats the original mini with the 400bhp haybusa engine, right?

    nutters
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    thats the original mini with the 400bhp haybusa engine, right?

    nutters
    yep.

    Not seen any times for the twin-engined ones that kick around
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    3,373
    Z-cars Minis are rather great ... I remember UCR showing me the TVR engined Minis a long time ago too. Crazy stuff but I love the combination

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yep.

    Not seen any times for the twin-engined ones that kick around
    just checking out their website and this may even beat that

    an ultima with 2 twin-turbo haybusa engines with 1000bhp

    http://www.zcars.org.uk/ultima/specifications.htm
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    just checking out their website and this may even beat that

    an ultima with 2 twin-turbo haybusa engines with 1000bhp

    http://www.zcars.org.uk/ultima/specifications.htm
    Yeah but that "yet to be confirmed" has been there for a long long while - it was posted on UCP when it was first announced.

    They're either finding transmission problems to solve or it didn't turn out as fast as they'd hoped

    They also have gone quiet on the insane Smart with twin R1 engines in teh back I think the Mini market is keeping them focussed and busy - well if their stand at the Autosport show was anythign to go by
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yeah but that "yet to be confirmed" has been there for a long long while - it was posted on UCP when it was first announced.

    They're either finding transmission problems to solve or it didn't turn out as fast as they'd hoped

    They also have gone quiet on the insane Smart with twin R1 engines in teh back I think the Mini market is keeping them focussed and busy - well if their stand at the Autosport show was anythign to go by
    yeah i suppose torque could be a problem in a heavier car. the standard 5.7 chevy might trump them on that
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    The Mini USA/FTR dragster as the "World's Fastest Mini" is potent, with the turbo, supercharged and nitrous powered Mini Cooper S dragster pulling a best-time of 11.26 seconds at 121.26 miles per hour in the quarter-mile run.

    Mini USA provided FTR with a carbon-fiber bodied, 1700 lb Mini Cooper S with the John Cooper Works kit and a supply of parts and accessories to create the 500 horsepower, twin-charged drag monster.

    At the Hot Import Nights in Phoenix, Arizona this fall, the extreme Mini beat 300 competitors to win the "Best Engineered" award with its polished under-hood hardware and eye-catching graphics.
    That entire press release is complete bull****.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Car brochures
    By ginza in forum Books, magazines, brochures and posters
    Replies: 1001
    Last Post: 09-23-2017, 05:21 AM
  2. Mini Paceman Concept
    By thebrochureman in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 05:00 AM
  3. MINI Countryman (R60) 2010-2016
    By Ferrer in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
  4. Mini Coupé Concept 2009
    By netburner in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
  5. MINI Concept Geneva 2006
    By Vaigra in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •