2 4.00%
  • bugatti type 49

2 4.00%
  • bugatti veyron 16.4

22 44.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Bugatti

imo eb110 and veyron aren't really bugattis (at least shouldn't be spoken in the aspects of favourite bugattis)

mine is the all-mighty atlantice, preferably the one that belongs to nicolas seydoux - witht double headlights
    12 cylinders or walk!

one of my childhood dream cars,is the EB110 .I have dreamned about it many nights,with a big die-cast model near my bed

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    imo eb110 and veyron aren't really bugattis (at least shouldn't be spoken in the aspects of favourite bugattis)
    Interesting, so do all Lotus end at the mark 1 Esprit ?

Resurrecting and expanding marque's has always gone on and always will.
    DO the cars evoke the mystique and focus of the original company owners ? If they do I think it's legit.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Interesting, so do all Lotus end at the mark 1 Esprit ?

Resurrecting and expanding marque's has always gone on and always will.
    DO the cars evoke the mystique and focus of the original company owners ? If they do I think it's legit.
    it's not the same, lotus is still on the market and bugatti marque was dead for about 60 years and after that time used firstly by some italians, than germans who don't have anything to do with the origins of the brand
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    it's not the same, lotus is still on the market and bugatti marque was dead for about 60 years and after that time used firstly by some italians, than germans who don't have anything to do with the origins of the brand
    So Lotus passing throught the hands of a Malaysian didn't "destroy" them too by those comaprisons ?
    Or is it length of time ??
    Granted, that is a possible concern.
    However, I think it's if the company embodies the spirit of the origianl then why not ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I chose veyron...however i would've chosen EB110 if it was listed on the poll..

As I replied in an earlier stage, the Veyron - unconditional the refinement and the exclusivity - has nothing to do with the original name and factory.
    It is a commercially bought name, from a far family-member of the original Bugatti's, as the story goes. I would not be surprised that the name is just taken and registered anew just like Spyker. Nothing wrong of course This is what one calls commerce.

But a Bugatti it is not. Volkswagen has not yet delivered a single one to an owner and I wonder what did them (VW) hesitate so long.

I would (if I had the financial resources) rather buy a copy from this Argentanian family then this so called "Bugatti" made by Volkswagen.
    And everyone knowing Bugatti's understand what I write.

Let it be clear, I have not the spare cash available to buy such an excotic car like the Veyron.
    But in this sort of things I am quite straight: I wouldn't buy one if I had.

I do not know Bugatti that good. I know the history, I am aware of the problems they had with the French Government, what I know is that they were basically engine-builders.

There are not many Bugatti's left. The car is the ultimate classic treasure.
    Very few ever, will own one.

The Royale is for me the archetype of the fast, stretched limousine. I have never driven one and maybe I would like more the Atlantic or one of the other types. Only personal experience can speak.

Veyron for me, Ebbwhateva comes nect
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

probably the best bugatti in my book would be the type 35b but for excitement I would recommend a blast up prescott in a type 59 as a passenger now thats a wild experiance. best time in a bugatti was when the owner gave me his type 49 to drive prescott on my own[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by tearing-calico
    probably the best bugatti in my book would be the type 35b but for excitement I would recommend a blast up prescott in a type 59 as a passenger now thats a wild experiance. best time in a bugatti was when the owner gave me his type 49 to drive prescott on my own[/IMG]

Welcome to UCP. Let's see whether Thomas Bscher will offer rides in his 59 currently being prepared for next year's racing season.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Thread Starter
    Poll Options
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BUGATTI OF THESE
    bugatti type 41 royale
    bugatti type 57 atlantic
    bugatti type 57 limo
    bugatti type 49
    bugatti veyron 16.4
    WTF ....

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    WTF ....
    What's your problem?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I have to make a correction on the fact that I supposed that no Bugattio was delivered. The fact is that there are a few on the road now, offered for sale for around 1,3 - 1,5 mil Euro.

I can hardly believe that this is a commercial enterprise for the simple reason that only a few cars change hands on an annual basis, maybe 4 or 5 -

I rather prefer to buy an original one than this almost unnatural Veyron.

Which is the best ?

Messerschmidt
    Spitfire
    F22

All are best in their respective era, but putting in the Veyron to compare with all those oldies is kinda out of scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Which is the best ?

Messerschmidt
    Spitfire
    F22

All are best in their respective era, but putting in the Veyron to compare with all those oldies is kinda out of scale.
    Why did you not state that in your first post?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information