Thread: Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept

Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept

Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept Unveiled at Chicago Auto Show

February 8, 2006 -- CHICAGO -- The Civic Si Sedan Concept is making its debut at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

The Civic Si Sedan Concept provides strong hints of the styling and performance for a production Civic Si Sedan scheduled to go on sale this fall, marking the first time that "Si" performance has become available in the Civic Sedan. Similar to the recently introduced Civic Si Coupe, the production Civic Si Sedan will serve as another performance leader for the Civic line-up with a 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm redline, mated to a close-ratio, 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type, limited slip differential for improved traction and cornering performance.

The Civic Si Sedan Concept features custom 18-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels, 225/40ZR18 high-performance tires, and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.

"The Civic Si Sedan Concept demonstrates how the high-performance attributes of the Civic Si Coupe can be directly applied to the functionality of a sedan," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda.

A production vehicle based on the Civic Si Sedan Concept will go on sale this fall. The 2007 Civic Si Sedan will mark a further evolution of Civic Si's sixth generation alongside the Civic Si Coupe - and will be the first time a Civic Si is available in two body styles. The Civic Si first appeared in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002.

The Civic Si Concept (coupe version) made its debut at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show, preceding the introduction of the all-new 2006 Civic Si, Civic Hybrid, Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe. The Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan will both complement the Civic lineup with features designed to appeal to true enthusiasts seeking a high level of performance and value.

The all-new 2006 Honda Civic has attracted a high level of acclaim, including Motor Trend magazine's prestigious 2006 Car of the Year award and the 2006 North American Car of the Year award.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept #2

Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept #3

I still think that they should bring over the hatchback version from Europe as the Si (or Type R)

Looks nice and swoopy, but I dig the 2-door one a little more. Dracu, you're right, they should bring the UK 5-door over here, it's got some of the coolest design cues ever.

Honda Civic Si Sedan Concept #4
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information