Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad day??

These forums are not really part of what I do, I just offer this space for my customers to discuss cars. What I do can be found on the main page, with the Geneva show review as a great example. In my reviews I try to be as objective as possible.

The forums are a community and I see myself as an ordinary member. I would have taken offense at what you posted, wherever you would have posted it.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

oops excuse me I have lost a reputation point... lol
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Not trying to intrude but maybe you just have to realise that what you find funny others may possibly find offensive and crude. A joke about homosexuality can be seen just as bad as a joke about racism. And if you're willing and allowed to post that "joke" ,whatever it be, others are capable and allowed to post thier opinion on it. Whether they take offence to it or not may influence what they say in that reply.In general ,you have to be more careful with what you write in a forum where different people are allowed to see what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    this picture has been taken in http://autoscoop.topcities.com/autof...pic.php?t=4485
    and in this forum nobody has judged the man who has posted this.
    I took the trouble of checking this link. The "joke" is very funny, but you should learn to read Dutch because as a response there is also a post whereby it is explained that scientifically the story is impossible. I am curious to learn more about your import and export business, what products are involved? I presume that drug traficking also qualifies as import and export business, and people involved in that tend to have a preference for driving German cars of certain brands. This of course is purely suggesting of course, because you must certainly be a citizen of high moral standards, otherwise you would not have posted the story that started this thread. (Weren't you complaining about the quality of the threads?)

It wasnt that long ago that i enjoyed a great conversation with you swissbeatz and i even made the comment "where did your reputation go?"....wellithink we answerd this queastion....the part i dislike about all you wrote that hasnt been brushed upon yet is your comment about teenagers who know nothing....i have not pretended to know anything abovemy means...i know a bit about aussie cars i know a bit about v8 super cars...i know a little about american cars...and in case you havent noticed on the subject of asain cars and euro cars unless i am educated in the field or have been told something they are usually queastions as i am curious andwilling to learn and nearly all the time iam quite glad to be proven wrong....better then quoteing the wrong thing now isnt it?
    And it might seem i am picking on you but you arnt wrong some teenagers (and i am by no means pointing the finger) do act like that but i found it rather scarce in these forums and i view it a great injustice to say that and someof the things you have said in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    Oh soory, I wouldn't offense you, I'm really sorry. I apologize. I'm talking about a bush of users in this forum I can't write the names. I have noticed that you want learn more about cars. I was not thinking about you. I apologize once again.
    You just proved again what your problem is. You don't think before you post. If you want the quality of the posts, the quality of the members, the quality of the forums to improve, then perhaps you should start with yourself. I have found the quality of the members and the quality of the posting to be well above the quality of other car forums. I have also found that the average age of the members here is well above other car forums. Try looking around a bit before posting. You posted something that I personally find offensive. You posted something that obviously NOBODY else agreed was funny. Otherwise you would not have lost reputation points and you certainly wouldn't have had the posted responses you've read above. The problem lies with you, not with everyone else. In this thread, a group of people have explained, in a calm and mature manner, why your post was offensive and inappropriate. In this thread, you responded by personally attacking each of them, their site, their jobs. Which sounds more immature?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

[QUOTE=Swissbeatz]
    Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    I though it was a forum like others but I have discovered that I were talking with young adolescents, how can I be my self with young people who always thinks that they know everythings??? lol sorry but it's impossible.
    Some of the younger members here actually do know quite a lot about certain subjects. Bragging about your alleged business will not strenghten your argument. Being a business person does not raise you credibilty or relfect any strength of character. As Henk points out there a millions of business people who are shonky or downright criminals. It is of little wonder you dont like the rep points. Your posts reflect your rating. I have looked at other car sites and not bothered returning. There are plenty of dumb comments here but if you look for them, there ar eplenty of interesting and amusing threads as well. There are also some very interesting and intelligent people of all ages. Most of them have more than 4 rep points.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

There are also some very interesting and intelligent people of all ages. Most of them have more than 4 rep points.
    lol ouch...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Thread Information