Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: start of F1

start of F1

If any of you have Speed Channel, F1 begins tonight (March 4 @ 11pm est). it's practice from Australia. So does anybody have any predictions for this weekend? Who will get pole, who will win, ect. Go Mclaren!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you can't get live TV coverage, here's the next best thing ...

http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/714.html

Live timing of the practice, qualifying and race.

They've resurrected the old lap chart formats published in Motoring News etc.
    Can't wait for first race

Second practice session is live NOW .....

Go DC !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

wow . and what a start .. Ferrari "surprising" everyone .. 1 sec ahead of everybody .... ... and the best of the everynody is Renault ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

what happened with mclaren? are they running heavy? anyone have any sources?
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    what happened with mclaren? are they running heavy? anyone have any sources?
    I dont know but in the qualifying they didn't do as well as i thaught they would, and Coulthards little mistake round the last corner didnt help did it. But i think that one of the best qualifyings was by Jenson Button he did very well beating the Mclaren and the BMW, but he might have been on a lot lighter fuel load to the rest of the field. Anyway looking forward to the race tomorrow/ tonight.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I have heard that Schumacher is at pole position and barrichello is second...
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jones.dk
    I have heard that Schumacher is at pole position and barrichello is second...
    Yep, go to the many on-line F1 sites and you can get the rest too.

http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/714.html

is a new one for me this year and has an excellent REAL-TIME timing and lap charts as well as commentary.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Error in timing display

Did anyone else spot the error in the Siemens timing system ?
    They obviously out-sourced the software development to the lowest bidder.

When Montoya passed the first sector marker with exactly the same time as Webber ( 29.xx ) the difference clock showed the sector time and not the difference. Someone couldn't do the math properly to simply subtract one number from the other and get it right.

All you folks running your networks on Siemens servers and PCs or whose telephone network uses EWSD exchanges I'd go check it's still working

Guys the first race is starting sooon! yay

6:30 PST on SV

I'm betting Schumacher wins and Barrichello comes in second, go Ferrari!!!!
    Last edited by JezKnight; 03-06-2004 at 06:15 PM.

well looks like ferrari are back to their winning dominance after the scare of last year. i was hoping webber wouldve at least scored points on his home ground, but still hes been on overload ever since he got here publicity wise and his whole scedule's been planned months in advance because so many people want to interview him or have him make a public appearance

M. Schumacher, Barra and Ferrari maintain their Dominance of the F1. This car looks very fast and far supirior over BMW and Mclaren, long time to go yet though. Mclaren might want to make there cars last the journey. Nice one Kimi. Jaguar, phh, first day of testing they had hydrolic failure in there gearboxs you would think they would have sorted out that.
    Performance can Seduce

Yawn what a dull race it was.
    To be perfectly honest i dont like f1 much anyways too far removed from road going cars...
    And alfaholic you really need to give credit where credit is due jaguar didnt do too badly to qualify 6th and as for the gearbox failure problems occur especially when a car is on the razors edge. Same thing with Mclarren there are new rules put in place that mean you can only use one engine(as i am sure you fully know)...its unkown territory...i didnt see Schumacher raceing full on all the way...why? because he could and he wanted to make sure he lasted full race distance. And saying nice one kimmi? what a ignorent thing to say thier only human and accidents do happen. -1 to rep

dull??? .. it was a race ... one in wich no one could touch Ferrari .. .. so . a very good race ...
    Last edited by DasModell; 03-07-2004 at 08:50 AM.
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    dull??? .. it was a race ... one in wich no one could touch Ferrari .. .. so . a very good race ...
    yes.... very good race indeed.... ferrari really showed whos the boss....

McLaren Mercedes... Go home
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

UCP fell asleep during the race. This Ferrari dominance is embarrassing, especially when you have to set your alarm at 04.00 hours.

Thread Information