Thread: internet sites not working on laptop

internet sites not working on laptop

hey everyone. i just got a laptop and when i browse the internet it blocks out some sites, and doesn't go onto them, such as www.worldcarfans.com and www.streetdream.de and i thought i'd ask the (mostly) geniuses at UCP for a possible explanation of possible?

help is greatly appreciated

I'd tell you but I'd get blocked so you won't be able to read my reply.

Probably just a temp problem. Tools - internet options, and clear Temp. internet files (online+offline) and coolies, te try them. Thie sites arentdown.

Are you using the same ISP as before ?
    Check your firewall settings. What firewal and anti-virus protection are your running ?
    Finally, if there is nothing wrong with your laptop and this is just a clever attempt to get the urls publicised on UCP without getting changed to the normal www.ultimatecarpage.com or you banned then I'm willing to let it slip THIS ONCE for the audacity.... anyone else trying it will be changed/banned
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Are you using the same ISP as before ?
    Check your firewall settings. What firewal and anti-virus protection are your running ?
    Finally, if there is nothing wrong with your laptop and this is just a clever attempt to get the urls publicised on UCP without getting changed to the normal www.ultimatecarpage.com or you banned then I'm willing to let it slip THIS ONCE for the audacity.... anyone else trying it will be changed/banned
    oh no, it wasn't, it was just an example, incase anyone else clicks them and it doesn't work! there's no point trying to get them publicised...my laptop will actually not go on them websites, and i've tried clearing Temp Files, and all of that, but i dunno about firewall and stuff. i run Mcafee Security Centre (only had the laptop a few days) and it blocks out lots of websites.
    BTW: my laptop is connected to the same internet as this PC, via Wi-Fi, so nothing different in terms of connection i dont think

EDIT: 77 views, and only 3 people could be arsed to help
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 02-18-2006 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
    EDIT: 77 views, and only 3 people could be arsed to help
    You're on a CAR site, expecting computer experts is a bit much, don't yoiu think ?
    Besides it's best to learn PATIENCE .... nothign good comes easy or too soon

From what you've said, it's your firewall.
    Time to learn I'm afraid.
    If you go into teh options for the security you will find the settings to alter which sites are acceptable. Time to RTFM --- Read The Flaming Manual -- or call the laptop supplier suport line.

Are you connected directly to the router/modem or is the laptop internet a shared connection out of your main machine ( coz then you've 3 firewall settings to consider )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    From what you've said, it's your firewall.
    Time to learn I'm afraid.
    If you go into teh options for the security you will find the settings to alter which sites are acceptable. Time to RTFM --- Read The Flaming Manual -- or call the laptop supplier suport line.

Are you connected directly to the router/modem or is the laptop internet a shared connection out of your main machine ( coz then you've 3 firewall settings to consider )
    its through the shared connection on the main machine i'll have a look later or tomorrow, i'll look at firewall settings, and just generally check out everything and i'll RTFM

oooooooooh, ICS, ptuh !!!
    This can get messy

Thread Information