Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What the heck?

So this is why the quote and post reply buttons changed for a few hours a few week ago.

Can't say I like the new look. The horizontal avatar things are a bad thing. They need to be vertical. Otherwise it's okay.

ya what are the new sizes for avatars?

Still the same for Non Supporting member, Supporting member is 200x90.

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    i don't know, downsizing everyones avatar would be a mammoth job. got some pretty big egos to convince
    convincing 25000 people to start paying, that is a mammoth job
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i think there should still be an option to switch between templates, this thing does hurts my eyes...
    and im probably saying this because its new an all but its not that friendly to read, especially with the linear thing and the out of size avatars and what not...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street
    i think there should still be an option to switch between templates, this thing does hurts my eyes...
    and im probably saying this because its new an all but its not that friendly to read, especially with the linear thing and the out of size avatars and what not...
    it does become more readible when signatures are less gigantic
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    it does become more readible when signatures are less gigantic
    Nah. You just need to revert to vertical avatars. This is a readability nigthmare. And while you're at it limit the size of sigs. Say to two lines of text.

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    the "horizontalisation" is one of the consequences of allowing 6 pics per attachment....
    I don't follow that logic
    The "old " layout php code clearly handled multiple rows of thumbnails - as it HAS to to support diffferent window sizes

Also, if the space WAS an issue then smaller thumbnails could have been an option too.

Personally I think the old layout with two rows of thumbnails ( ie 8 images per post ) could have met the objioectives.

WHat is the average number of images per post for non-consecuitive posts ?
    ( eg in the Matra pics threads I woul dhave LOVED to have been able to put 200 images per posts as It woudl have saved multiple posts. So those types dont' really count in evaluating the need for multiple images. Matt will forever be having to put up multiple posts for his excellent work, but how many others ? .... the rally one is another )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information