Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: No! UCP Is Getting A Bad Name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Well in 12 months i got nowhere.
    In 3 months here i got more then i expected, And when first coming on here i had to learn to settle down that not everyone here was trying to start a fight with you, That you could say something honest without being crapped on cause there is always limit, And my limit is when it gets shifted away from me if you know what i mean.
    And that was my time on SC.
    who were you on SC.net?
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    who were you on SC.net?
    Honestly it's been so long i have forgot.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    danno, you have just approved yourself of not having a life.

LOL @ Spity
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

your post is stupid.

yes i have considered the fact that sc.net has five times as many members overall, but of those that actually post i would say it has about twice as many. It has far more inactive members than this forum, and it also has "indies" which noone dares to tread. The stupidity in there is insane. Anyway, i dont really see your point. SC.net is more fun because of the type of people that are there, not because of the amount of them.

Dont worry, theres plenty of mature discussion, you just need to know where to look. For instance, in misc you can get a good mature discussion started pretty easily. At least i know i can. And in any of the regional car forums its generally pretty rockafella is a retard good. Its very active and you get lots of peoples opinions. the technical forum is probably the best, most helpful technical forum i have ever come across.

What im saying is theres a time to have fun and treat things as a complete joke, and theres a time to be serious. Here it seems like people are just serious WAY too much. One insult and "ooh flame!! ban him!!" that type of thing. The great thing about little to no moderation is that you are allowed to tell people exactly what you think and they are allowed to reply in kind. IRL you dont have "moderators" with you wherever you go making sure you dont do anything thats not in the rules. IRL you say/do something really stupid you get an ass kicking.

Most of misc is a complete joke and thats what makes it so fun. Noobs come in and they dont know that everyone is just joking around the whole time so they get pissed off when they are serious the whole time and argue back at everyones jokes. This makes it heaps fun for noobs. But once they learn that its mostly a joke they are welcomed in and join in with everyone else. People like porsche996turbo just dont seem to learn and its awesomely fun to rile him up and laugh at him.

Another advantage of SC.net is that the members there are very active and theres a heap of members with 10k-40k posts, so you get to know everyone there. Theres a pretty close knit community between all the "oldschool" members. This means you can basically treat the Misc forum as a chat forum. Theres always action, always something different to reply to, to join in on.

Damm thats a long post, anyway im just saying this forum is too "stale" too "boring" too much "omg this might offend someone, better put a warning on it!!"

Understood. I can see how some people may prefer SuperCars.net's style of forum, while others prefer UCP. IMHO, I find SC.net to be immature (not in a bad way though), and that may suit your style, seeing as most of the forum is filled with fun/joking around while only a small bit is technical. On the other hand, UCP is more technical, with more subtle, family-friendly humor. It all comes down to taste. BTW, I'm not too sure as to what you mean by the bolded statement.

BTW, with the 'banning' rant about moderators, just felt like giving you a heads up. Whenever someone acts out of hand, we'll always bring it up in the moderator's forum, to consult the fellow moderator's on the suspect's actions. After this phase, we'll PM the person to see his/her reasoning, and will issue a ban once all levels have been breached/failed. Normally, the ban chain goes: 1 day => 2/3 day => week => 3 week/month => 3-6 months => Perma. Banning is a very calculated/thought out process, and isn't issued with the peanut gallery's request. We just try to keep everything clean.

your post is stupid.

yes i have considered the fact that sc.net has five times as many members overall, but of those that actually post i would say it has about twice as many. It has far more inactive members than this forum, and it also has "indies" which noone dares to tread. The stupidity in there is insane. Anyway, i dont really see your point. SC.net is more fun because of the type of people that are there, not because of the amount of them.

Dont worry, theres plenty of mature discussion, you just need to know where to look. For instance, in misc you can get a good mature discussion started pretty easily. At least i know i can. And in any of the regional car forums its generally pretty rockafella is a retard good. Its very active and you get lots of peoples opinions. the technical forum is probably the best, most helpful technical forum i have ever come across.

What im saying is theres a time to have fun and treat things as a complete joke, and theres a time to be serious. Here it seems like people are just serious WAY too much. One insult and "ooh flame!! ban him!!" that type of thing. The great thing about little to no moderation is that you are allowed to tell people exactly what you think and they are allowed to reply in kind. IRL you dont have "moderators" with you wherever you go making sure you dont do anything thats not in the rules. IRL you say/do something really stupid you get an ass kicking.

Most of misc is a complete joke and thats what makes it so fun. Noobs come in and they dont know that everyone is just joking around the whole time so they get pissed off when they are serious the whole time and argue back at everyones jokes. This makes it heaps fun for noobs. But once they learn that its mostly a joke they are welcomed in and join in with everyone else. People like porsche996turbo just dont seem to learn and its awesomely fun to rile him up and laugh at him.

Another advantage of SC.net is that the members there are very active and theres a heap of members with 10k-40k posts, so you get to know everyone there. Theres a pretty close knit community between all the "oldschool" members. This means you can basically treat the Misc forum as a chat forum. Theres always action, always something different to reply to, to join in on.

Damm thats a long post, anyway im just saying this forum is too "stale" too "boring" too much "omg this might offend someone, better put a warning on it!!"

Your post is inane and not worthy of a rebuttal.

Simply, if you can recognize that there are differences between these forums, start behave accordingly at each.

how did u people get 7 pages outta this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicademus
    how did u people get 7 pages outta this topic?
    We have fast fingers and quicker minds.

because people like to think one forums better then the other...oh wait one is this one

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Understood. I can see how some people may prefer SuperCars.net's style of forum, while others prefer UCP. IMHO, I find SC.net to be immature (not in a bad way though), and that may suit your style, seeing as most of the forum is filled with fun/joking around while only a small bit is technical. On the other hand, UCP is more technical, with more subtle, family-friendly humor. It all comes down to taste. BTW, I'm not too sure as to what you mean by the bolded statement.

BTW, with the 'banning' rant about moderators, just felt like giving you a heads up. Whenever someone acts out of hand, we'll always bring it up in the moderator's forum, to consult the fellow moderator's on the suspect's actions. After this phase, we'll PM the person to see his/her reasoning, and will issue a ban once all levels have been breached/failed. Normally, the ban chain goes: 1 day => 2/3 day => week => 3 week/month => 3-6 months => Perma. Banning is a very calculated/thought out process, and isn't issued with the peanut gallery's request. We just try to keep everything clean.
    haha i put the bolded bit in to see if anybody would actually bother reading it carefully enough

About the moderators though, its like living in a nanny state. Theres a whole bunch of rules and the rules must be obeyed AT ALL COSTS! and if anyone is out of line the rest tell the moderators. I hate that style of moderating.
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    danno, you have just approved yourself of not having a life.
    i know i dont have a life. Theres no need to inform me
    halo 2 - november 9

check out this thread to see one of the reasons why sc.net is so much fun. The person in the picture is porsche996turbo and he starts posting on page 3 (for me at least, it might be page 6 depending on your forum settings)

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...75837&bottom=0
    Last edited by danno; 02-24-2006 at 05:53 PM.
    halo 2 - november 9

umm 51 pages for a pic thats really not that funny...wow

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    umm 51 pages for a pic thats really not that funny...wow
    its not the pic thats funny, its the guy. Did you keep reading till he posted?
    halo 2 - november 9

yeah we have somone (or use to) much worse then that 996 turbo guy...Karrmann! AKA Prius AKA the priusman lol

Thread Information