Thread: Torrentsss

Torrentsss

Anybody knows how to make uTorrent dowloading files faster??? Sometimes it really d/l stuffs fast, but most of the times max speed is around...some kb/s... help please...

Quote Originally Posted by M_M
    Anybody knows how to make uTorrent dowloading files faster??? Sometimes it really d/l stuffs fast, but most of the times max speed is around...some kb/s... help please...
    1) Increase your upload rate
    2) Torrents are usually faster when more people are downloading and seeding. Find a torrent with a lot of seeds.
    3) There are some torrent accelerators but they barely make any difference
    4) Dont use BitTorrent client, its shite. Use BitComet.

Bittorrent d/l rates are always dependant on who and how many are sharing file chunks. Because the torrent defines the chunks then there are no real differnces in speeds from the different clients.

WHAT makes the largest difference are the number of others sharing the files.
    Sadly, many torrent users are only interested in GETTING, so as soon as it is compelte they remove the torrent from their client. So NOT sharing any file chunks out. If everyone does that then it becomes the norm for there to be nobody sharing the file at all. If that is the case it sometimes helps to go back and ask the originator to re-seed the torrent. Who are you using for your torrent sources ??

Check also your settings, you've not said which client you're using, but you can control the max number of connections and u/l and d/l speeds. Make sure they aren't limiting you.

Also, be patient and considerate of circumstances. So for example, if I'm getting an American TV series then I expect that I will be getting more chunks during the evenings when most families computers are on-line and NOT during the day.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Guest Guest
    try swapping clients, im a fan of azerus, and can i have some more info on these "torrent accelerators"?

Most of the "accelerators" really only do two things .... make sure all the ports to be used by torrent are open and automatically try very regularly for updates on the seeds. Something which is really only going to mame a small difference some of the time and is usualy configurable on most clients.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

No, the uTorrent client is good one, there's no need to change that. I've used five clients now and noticed that there is a difference. What causes it, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    No, the uTorrent client is good one, there's no need to change that. I've used five clients now and noticed that there is a difference. What causes it, I don't know.
    It's the differing defaults on number of open chunks on u/l and d/l and the ports it opens

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's the differing defaults on number of open chunks on u/l and d/l and the ports it opens
    When I changed from BitTorrent++ to uTorrent I tried running both without a Firewall and BT++ couldn't reach half the speeds of uTorrent, having a 10 port range open. In uTorrent preferences only one port can be used for incoming connections.

edit: typos
    Last edited by twinspark; 02-21-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    When I changed from BitTorrent++ to uTorrent I tried Running both without a Firewall and BT++ couldn't reach half the speeds of uTorrent, having a 10 port range open. In uTorrent preferences only one port can be used for incoming connections.
    yeah you need to watch for outbound torrents reply packets filling your inbound

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Bittorrent d/l rates are always dependant on who and how many are sharing file chunks. Because the torrent defines the chunks then there are no real differnces in speeds from the different clients.

WHAT makes the largest difference are the number of others sharing the files.
    Sadly, many torrent users are only interested in GETTING, so as soon as it is compelte they remove the torrent from their client. So NOT sharing any file chunks out. If everyone does that then it becomes the norm for there to be nobody sharing the file at all. If that is the case it sometimes helps to go back and ask the originator to re-seed the torrent. Who are you using for your torrent sources ??

Check also your settings, you've not said which client you're using, but you can control the max number of connections and u/l and d/l speeds. Make sure they aren't limiting you.

Also, be patient and considerate of circumstances. So for example, if I'm getting an American TV series then I expect that I will be getting more chunks during the evenings when most families computers are on-line and NOT during the day.

Bitlord is an excellent torrent downloading program, as for downloads, yes in most cases the more peers the better, but in some cases if you find one with a single seed and bugger all leechers, you can often get the file SUPER quick i managed to acquire an album in that i was after in half an hour a couple of days ago (and THAT is viciously quick for my connection) and it was around 80Mb as well, so sometimes you just have to keep trying, coz it should EVENTUALLY download...

i tried bitlord but it didnt go very fast for me despite tweaking everything anyone suggested.

I use one called BURST! which is a very very simple program and works really well for me.
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    Bitlord is an excellent torrent downloading program, as for downloads, yes in most cases the more peers the better, but in some cases if you find one with a single seed and bugger all leechers, you can often get the file SUPER quick i managed to acquire an album in that i was after in half an hour a couple of days ago (and THAT is viciously quick for my connection) and it was around 80Mb as well, so sometimes you just have to keep trying, coz it should EVENTUALLY download...
    Bitlord is good too, I prefer uTorrent because it's quite light.

Thread Information