Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Push for diesel

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    << gets ready to overtake struggling $30k Astra diesel in the bigger, faster & cheaper to run Falcon LPG, also bought for $30k
    Struggling is not really the word to use here. Try one for proof
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    dont BMW make a diesel 1 series?
    The 120d was actually the most powerful version until the six cylinder came along, but that is in a wholly different league.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The government will further support the LPG marketing effort with a $1,000 capital grant for those who buy a new dedicated or dual fuel LPG vehicle.
    shit, last i heard Ford only charge $1400 for their LPG engine
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    << gets ready to overtake struggling $30k Astra diesel in the bigger, faster & cheaper to run Falcon LPG, also bought for $30k
    hee-hee.
    My sisters SKODA diesel is great fun at embarrassing the chavs with their K&Ns and fart cans and tuned engines, even a few Beemers get red-faced
    The little Skoda diesel PULLS really fast 50-100 !!!
    Watch out you might get egg on the front of the car
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You know what might make this little Astra quick that torque is big next to a Full size family car like a Commodore and Falcon.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    hee-hee.
    My sisters SKODA diesel is great fun at embarrassing the chavs with their K&Ns and fart cans and tuned engines, even a few Beemers get red-faced
    The little Skoda diesel PULLS really fast 50-100 !!!
    Watch out you might get egg on the front of the car
    No risk of that mate because new new car buyers here in Oz have access to a special local device you Europeans don't get to see. It's called The Cheap Fast Car

This empowering device enables us to safely outpower your delusory euro egg factor. Indeed we get to hurl a dark sticky goo back onto YOUR diesel dungers. And no this projectile plasma is not unburnt diesel nor is it even vegemite (far too sacred to waste)

So forget the eggs we've fried up something just for you. This gentlemen is molten rubber, an alien substance probably unknown to our two friendly euros but which comes as standard-equip on every Cheap Fast Car sold downunder. To demonstrate the delusion of diesel, here is a CFC in action. And not even a performance-oriented CFC, but a lowest-spec 6cyl from the mid-'90s (ie 25% less powerful than current 6cyl CFCs, let alone V8)

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...4&d=1139328581

I'm wondering can the euro chefs cook up pics of a price-equal diesel similarly roasting up - or do you 'performance' dieselites only eat stew?

ps: half baked stew
    Last edited by nota; 02-23-2006 at 03:51 PM.

nota you forgot that the UK pretty much created the export market for the Monaro
    I drove one and spent some track time with it.

You forget we are the land of the Lotus 7 copies and kit cars that are CHEAP and in many cases faster than a Ferrari and WAY faster than peolpe boxes . oh and putting two bike engines in to REALLY scare the sh!t out of you : D

... and yep the Skoda diesel is impressive even WITH all of that background !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You forget we are the land of the Lotus 7 copies and kit cars that are CHEAP and in many cases faster than a Ferrari and WAY faster than peolpe boxes . oh and putting two bike engines in to REALLY scare the sh!t out of you : D
    I thought we were discussing regualr family cars, not rocket-propelled prams

nota you forgot that the UK pretty much created the export market for the Monaro
    I drove one and spent some track time with it.
    UK residents - Definitive:
    A likeable yet lugubrious lot who still think they 'own' us, their main transport device is diesel dowagers

Creator of Monaro export market - Definitive:
    Not UK but Holden of course .. with a little help from New Zealand

nota, WHERE was the Monaro MOST successful ?
    The UK DRAGGED the numbers out of them according to teh Vauxhall guy

iirc they only sent 200 a year to the UK
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    They origianlly only planned 50 for the UK of the first gen but the UK pulled 250. All at a VERY healthy price
    Not sure of numbers on the uprated one.
    Will try to find them ......

BUT they NEVER sat on a sale forecourt. Every car could have been sold 3 times over
    That was what I was meaning by successful.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    Yep the Monaro was most successful in GWB-land, where they bought somehwre around 30,000 or so

[edit] I'd bet even NZ pulled more than 250 Monaros per year
    Last edited by nota; 02-23-2006 at 05:21 PM.

Matra is a fan of the Monaro. We should have sent more to the UK.
    At least they liked it's looks

the gas falcon i drive for work uses 15-18L per 100k

a normal falcon (exact same model/year) that my workmate drives gets 11-13L to 100k

using an additional say 5L per 100k of gas is $3. over a 70 odd litre gas tank over a 70L fuel tank. $3 per 5L of gas and the gas car gets maximum 400k from a tank so thats $12 a tank lost in economy. now that (to me) when you have to fill up 30-40% more frequently is not worth it. Given if it does go up to 70c its gets even worse.

No excise till 2011 is news to me. last i heard was 2008. mustve been pushed back.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    the gas falcon i drive for work uses 15-18L per 100k

a normal falcon (exact same model/year) that my workmate drives gets 11-13L to 100k

using an additional say 5L per 100k of gas is $3. over a 70 odd litre gas tank over a 70L fuel tank. $3 per 5L of gas and the gas car gets maximum 400k from a tank so thats $12 a tank lost in economy. now that (to me) when you have to fill up 30-40% more frequently is not worth it. Given if it does go up to 70c its gets even worse.

No excise till 2011 is news to me. last i heard was 2008. mustve been pushed back.
    And what makes the dedicated gas BA bad..... No balls
    WE had a go in a Ute and the territory was faster

Thread Information