Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Push for diesel

settle...

ok. let me straighten a few things out including your knickers...

118L tank is what the LPG wagon is equipped with according to the ford website. i know from filling it up every now and again that it scores roughly 400 - 450klm per tank (maybe with a bit left in the bottem) do the math. No fabricated lies there.

now ford CLAIMS to get 15.9L/100klm from their egas system. maybe thats true in their test car but in a REAL LIFE scenario this wagon aint that good on the gas, maybe due to it constantly being full of computer crap and being driven with the air con (which is brilliant in this car) all the way up.

I havent intentionally been rude and forgive me for not flicking through every thread i ever posted in every time i come on UCP. i do more then browse the web in my day. like work full time...

im willing to let it go and drop the subject. im over it.

go diesel power.

EDIT:

and there is no _ in my user name,
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 02-27-2006 at 09:31 PM.
    The Datto will rage again...

Ford in the past have listed the Egas's capacity as being 100+ L then also having in the fineprint only about 90 or so L are actually usable. Maybe theres a discrepancy there...
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    settle...

ok. let me straighten a few things out including your knickers...

118L tank is what the LPG wagon is equipped with according to the ford website. i know from filling it up every now and again that it scores roughly 400 - 450klm per tank (maybe with a bit left in the bottem) do the math. No fabricated lies there.
    http://www.exploroz.com/OntheRoad/Fu...es/Default.asp

Thanks for the response but yeah I already did the math (for you) in post #37, and no you haven't 'straightened things out'

You stated the car burns a ridiculous $17.85 of LPG per 100km = an approx consumption figure of ..

29 litres per 100km or 9.7 mpg

That is so far out into fantasyland it isn't funny. I wasn't amused

thats an interesting link. look at SA. a perfect pattern of rising and falling.

i gave my reasons for my consumption figures.

i know for a fact that that falcon is bouncing off empty at 450k. maybe there is something wrong with it? maybe we flog it too much (not usually but give it some stick now and then.) as FPV mentioned it could be that only 90ishL is usable which brings it down to roughly 18L to the 100k (which is within my previous claim.)

therin lies your answer.

Well Ford are still using the older style injection system which accounts for the option being half as much as competitors, although theyre rumoured to be developing a better system...

18L/100km for LPG would still be cheaper than 14L/100km for petrol though
    I am the Stig

So in other words it would take years on Gas to save money.
    Like the prius they say it would need to be driven 800,000km to save money because of the cost of it and the running cost.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

thats an interesting link. look at SA. a perfect pattern of rising and falling.
    But you do not live in SA - you live in the same region I do, and we are both very familiar with local fuel prices .. at least I am
    as FPV mentioned it could be that only 90ishL is usable which brings it down to roughly 18L to the 100k (which is within my previous claim.)

therin lies your answer.
    So you are seriously suggesting that having a smaller (usable) fuel tank will increase fuel consumption?

I suppose small cars with small petrol tanks will use more fuel .. because they have small tanks ..??

For goodness sake man are you mental!

((sigh)) Yep I guess therein lies my answer ..

i was merely pointing out something interesting about petrol price "fluctuations." clearly i know about local fuel as i fill up 7 times a month

you completely missed the point. A smaller usuable amount of fuel decreases the fuel consumption equation. so instead of being calculated on 118L i calculated it based on 90L...

i was merely pointing out something interesting about petrol price "fluctuations." clearly i know about local fuel as i fill up 7 times a month

you completely missed the point. A smaller usuable amount of fuel decreases the fuel consumption equation. so instead of being calculated on 118L i calculated it based on 90L...
    So you're admitting in basic terms that you don't know how much fuel is going into this work car of yours

Does it fuel itself up? Does the logbook fill itself out?

The point is clear(ing): All you seem to know "for a fact" is the approx kms between fills - not the amount of fuel it consumes - therefore you have no idea of its consumption do you?

When i drive heaps i fill up 5 times in 2 weeks Dam that powerful VP Commodore. I need to fix the fuel a little bit more now.
    But I'm a disliker of Gas and Diesel,

Hey Hey a good thing happen to me the other day. I passed a car in the inside and as it went into 2nd it cherped the rear In love.
    And it's bad side come out the other day when i rained very very heavy. Good tyres for the dry but wet shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit. It was slipping and sliding all over the street i was spinning in a straight line @ 90kp/h. Now that's bad i was a little uncomfortable with it and so was the drivers behind me
    Like this pic it was taken 10 min before the big storm hit and i was sideways and not wanting to be Would have been fun if i wanted to do it but not when it's forced upon you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    So in other words it would take years on Gas to save money.
    Like the prius they say it would need to be driven 800,000km to save money because of the cost of it and the running cost.
    Fords Egas calculator has it at 14 months if you do 20000km a year, which is only 400 a week
    I am the Stig

In the last 12 months my wife's commute was 45,000kms

She averaged 55,000km in the two years before that in her last car which was an ancient but trusty Ford XF (basic carby, not multipoint EFI) dual-fuel 3speed auto that usually got 20-21mpg on LPG, or 14-13L/100

Sounds like alot of open road driving with that mileage and consumption
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Sounds like alot of open road driving with that mileage and consumption
    Yes, we previously lived in the Monaro district & commuted to Canberra, now shifted to Tarago shire

From Monaro to Tarago .. hmmm

Bungendore. the only road to anywhere is highway.

For the record. our logbook is what kays we do and from where to where. NO FUEL is recorded. only recording done is quoting the odometer reading when you fill up.

The amount of gas that goes in is consistent and the amount of kays it does is consistent. let me break it down to the barest level for you.

approx (give or take 5L) 90L of gas go in
    between 400 - 450 kays come out.

Thread Information