Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY trip

NY trip

For spring break/my birthday me and my family will be taking a trip up to NY. we (on my birthday) will go see opening day at yankee stadium. while there i want to see the Blackbird on the Aircraft carrier and some nice cars. i've checked out the ferrari dealership's site and they have F430s, Modenas and spiders, superamericas and an enzo. at mazzer they have most current models (no mc12) havent checked the bently/rolls site. i'm not sure that my family will want to see the cars with me i think i'm going to try to see ferrari mazzer beemer manhatten motorcars with spyker (ihope) saleen(ihope) and lamborghini (aston i hope too). then go to ferrari with the enzo see the blackbird quick (this is the one that i would skip if we were short on time) then go to yankee stadium. last time i was there i saw tony woback's custom lamborghini murcielago roadster and giambi's porsche. i hope to camp there with my camera. anyone know any carspotting places in NY and a website for manhatten motorcars?
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Times Square is good for carspotting. Blackbird at the aircraft carrier ?!? Last time i was there it was concorde.

On the bayfront when i was there, the Hells Angels rode by on their Harleys. Awesome sounds!

Il try catch up with you on Messenger, give you some more recommendations.

i live in brooklyn and i can tell you go to fancy restaraunts and the april autoshow
    i like it when you call me big mommy.

also go to cooper classic cars
    i like it when you call me big mommy.

yeah the intrepid has the blackbird on it. the car show will be around in april at that time. at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. go there and see all the cars. when u go to those high end dealers they watch u like a hawk like why are u here u can't buy it. that look and most of them you can't sit in. so no difference.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Times Square is good for carspotting. Blackbird at the aircraft carrier ?!? Last time i was there it was concorde.
    and you can see both of these in the dingy hangars of Duxford...

Can you get access to them? I have been in side the concorde, but never even seen a damn Blackbird. One awesome machine!

Guest Guest
    well, at Duxford you can touch it, but its missing the marvelous engines! You can get on concorde, although its not a proper concorde, its a test one and therefore doesnt have proper seats!

Wow, i know, the concorde is like being in a white sausage. Strange how the Blackbird is missing its engines. Better go pay a visit sometime!

I live in NY and I don't get the chance to do any of these things. I'll get to do those sooner or later though. Enjoy your trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    You can get on concorde, although its not a proper concorde, its a test one and therefore doesnt have proper seats!
    Our one is a complete ex-operational one. ( brought to Edinburgh by BOAT !!!! )
    You can get on and into flight deck with the right contacts. Next time I'll egg-nog it for a laugh ---- will anyone accept it as the "ownership" challenge
    They are refitting the interior to show the original and the changes over time in the seating.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    anyone know any carspotting places in NY and a website for manhatten motorcars?
    The last time I was in New York, I saw two Bentley Continental GTs on Fifth Avenue in the space of an hour, so I'd definitely recommend that.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA)
    The last time I was in New York, I saw two Bentley Continental GTs on Fifth Avenue in the space of an hour, so I'd definitely recommend that.
    and i've seen 2 BCGT's parked outside the millenium hotel in lower manhatten along withh a Maybach 62 and down church ave by the ASE a Maybach 57. all in the same day
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

well thanks guys but the trips not untill april!! Austin Heavey and NSX-type R pm me and i'll give you me email so we can talk

i dout i'll be able to get to the car show but i might
    i wanna see that enzo!!
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    well thanks guys but the trips not untill april!! Austin Heavey and NSX-type R pm me and i'll give you me email so we can talk

i dout i'll be able to get to the car show but i might
    i wanna see that enzo!!
    I live 15 min. from the George Washington Bridge. (connects NJ and NYC over the hudson) I definately recommend the NYIAS in April (around Easter time), and take the usual walk around Broadway/Times Square, Central Park, 5th Avenue, general downtown manhattan . . . and if you have the time, stroll through the inner-city in places like Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. If you want to spot the creme-de-la-creme of the exotics, stick around 5th Avenue and Trump Plaza.

Thread Information