Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Hood?

Carbon Fiber Hood?

Hey yall, i need your knowleadge, My friends tells me dont get the Carbon Fiber Hood
    for my 02 Celica GT-S cuz they cracked. now idk weather he was jealous cuz
    i got the money to get the carbon fiber hood to make my car look good ( oh yea he has a celica too) or was he just telling the truth,
    anyway he was telling me about this guy he talked to in skool has a celica
    ike mine, and his cracked after 3 days later so he had to switched back his
    factory hood. Help me out guys what do you know about Carbon Fiber Hood? Thanks
    .................................................. .................................................. .............................

you sound like the typical POS boyracer / ricer

however im gonna let you proove yourself by not making your celica into a ricer and decideing AGAINSt the cf hood
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

uh, are you sure its ACTUALLY carbon fibre? Or just fiberglass made to look like carbon fibre?

Sounds lie a cheap badly made copy
    Large panels like bonnets ( aka hoods ) need either sold bracing to prevent flex - kind of defeating the aim to get weight down - OR the gel coat used is made with more plastic in the mix making it more flexible ( like Renault panels ).
    Sad to say sounds like a cheap copy and as the engine bay pressures fluctuate you are going to get flexing and the the bonnet will crack
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

So some one bought a poorly made part and it broke and he is saying you shouldn't order the part from that manufacturer, or one from any brand that may be made correctly?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Either way, make sure you paint it body colour - much cooler.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Who is this yall?

Anyway, don't bother. Spend the money on something that will improve performance.

ight i appreacited those who were trying to help me Mr Kipling, if this answer your ? im thinkin of going with a burple color or a really night blue metallic, my friends just told me that the guy who brought the CF cost him 1300 on it, and they really havent call the callback on all the CF idk why i tired lookin it up and no answer my plsn for this car was to change the color, CF wing, CF hood, and ya know the whole 9 yards on the outside, tinted window, etc. anyway the engine, getting the header change, intake. all i got done so far is lowering, rims, exhaust system put on. now im just getting bored with my car and i want to put some more stuff to it but anyway i appreacited all those who helped me thanks
    Last edited by ImportFan; 02-26-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportFan
    Then why even in the hell did u answer this? i dont have time to read what you have say unless its something you know about CF ur just wasting your time but anyways hey BE all that you can be! jackass
    Can you not read? Matra actually answered and speculated on your question and Cyco asked you a valid question, and if you had chosen to answer that instead of childishly retaliating to another childish comment you might've been helped earlier.

Also, spelling properly would help you immensly here, as it shows you're even remotely-so serious about your question, and are willing to put in even a little bit of time into your search for answers. This website is one of the best for these kind of answers, some of the best and most knowledgeable people are on here, but they won't respond to a post which looks like it came directly from a mobile phone and an attidude which shuns people that are actually trying to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportFan
    ight i appreacited those who were trying to help me Mr Kipling, if this answer your ? im thinkin of going with a burple color or a really night blue metallic, my friends just told me that the guy who brought the CF cost him 1300 on it, and they really havent call the callback on all the CF idk why i tired lookin it up and no answer my plsn for this car was to change the color, CF wing, CF hood, and ya know the whole 9 yards on the outside, tinted window, etc. anyway the engine, getting the header change, intake. all i got done so far is lowering, rims, exhaust system put on. now im just getting bored with my car and i want to put some more stuff to it but anyway i appreacited all those who helped me thanks
    How about a picture of your car so we can see what we're dealing with here? I'll try not to laugh, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Who is this yall?

Anyway, don't bother. Spend the money on something that will improve performance.
    DUMBASS ALERT!

Dude...reducing weight=adding peformance in so many areas! THINK ABOUT IT!

Yeah, but how will adding a cheap piece of Tat which will give him nothing but problems make him go faster?

It's prob. just easier to go Sans bonnet.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    DUMBASS ALERT!
    Dude...reducing weight=adding peformance in so many areas! THINK ABOUT IT!
    Escalate your "DUMB ASS ALERT" to level 1

Saving a few pounds on a street car weighing a ton dosnt' make a LOT of difference. Eating less McDonalds and geting fit is an easier and MUCH cheaper weigh to lose the same weight !! It's hard to decrease weight by 10% withotu some SERIOUS work. It's real easy to increase REAL engine performance by 10%

Also, what stereo is fitted ? I've seen guys talk about how they spend a grand on c/f and THEN find 4 15" speakers in the boot !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Escalate your "DUMB ASS ALERT" to level 1

Saving a few pounds on a street car weighing a ton dosnt' make a LOT of difference. Eating less McDonalds and geting fit is an easier and MUCH cheaper weigh to lose the same weight !! It's hard to decrease weight by 10% withotu some SERIOUS work. It's real easy to increase REAL engine performance by 10%

Also, what stereo is fitted ? I've seen guys talk about how they spend a grand on c/f and THEN find 4 15" speakers in the boot !!!
    Sure it looks cool...

But isn't replacing a heavy, especially steel hood, on a already nose-heavy front-driver going to have some dynamic benefits? Not that someone with foe-fitheens in the trunk besides other junk is ever going to discover...but still.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Sure it looks cool...

But isn't replacing a heavy, especially steel hood, on a already nose-heavy front-driver going to have some dynamic benefits? Not that someone with foe-fitheens in the trunk besides other junk is ever going to discover...but still.
    It's all the other stuff.
    Saving the weight by taking out the HUGE amount of sound deadening panels in a car will have a much MUCH larger difference But THAT can't be seen and have kiddies say "wow carbon fibre it must be fast" in the car park

Still say that improving the engine REAL output ( ie not just adding a fart can on the end ) is where to spend the money and not on removing about 10Kg in the bonnet ( c/f comes in about 5Kg in place of 15-20 original ) If you go round ALL the panels in a car you can make a real difference.

Thread Information