Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commodores to be Built in Korea?

Let's get the unions going,
    The Workers united will never be defeated!
    Hell no johnny we won't go!

Say goodbye to the Universities that take in so many for the Car industry.
    Say goodbye to the Australian suppliers, Even if Holden only has 45% Australian content on the amount of cars they build it's big enough,
    Say goodbye to competitiveness, When Deawoo Holden's come back the prices will be 20% cheaper how can the rest compete with that?.
    Say Goodbye to Holden as the public backlash might even be felt at GM HQ.
    And as i seen on ACA if no cars are built here, Australians smart people will travel overseas to work in the industry's that are not here, Say goodbye to the smart ones, Slowly over time we will become a less competitive country for it. Right now we kick the U.S car industry for Quality and value for money.
    But GM will save there own skins at home at our expense.
    As Long as Holden turns over profits it should be safe but that is not the case.
    They spend 1 billion on the VE and still made profits. GM made a profit when my mum was born

Let's export John Howard. He is after all GDubya's bitch
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

This is not John Howards Call. He's a Tool, but this is not his fault.

It's just musings and a possibility, what GM needs to realise is that Reputation can count for as much as cash, and if they ruin a reputation, no one will want to buy there cars, it'll be one of those economic decisions, rather than lead by the heart or head.

I will eat a hat if this happens though (offshore production of a Holden Commodore)....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

20 years in the future...you won't be asked if you're Ford or Holden, you'll be asked if you're Hyundai or Daewoo...its sad but it seems thats whats happening!

Me? I'm already a Honda Fan

And is that such a bad thing? all things must pass, it's the way industry works and it's the conditions GM and Ford in particular have set out for themselves, if they screw up it's not because of bad timing or the public falling out of favour, it's bad management and Bad product. simple.

The problem is that only one of those has been acknowledged to be a flaw....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Nut that will never happen even in the times of High fuel prices holden still sells more V8's, They still hold number 1 large car spot even if for 1 month loosing it.
    But you will see when the 6LT gets on finally Holden's Large cars will sell more again. As it provides 20-30% of cars sold i think?. Right now Holden bigest problem is they are not selling 6LT Cars yet.
    And if things go bad for large cars they can always fall back on the Torana Concept.

I'd be very surprised if the government doesnt do all it can to keep Holden in the country, they already have a heavy bias towards them, just look how quiet they are when HSV and Holden are releasing their models, but they scream bloody murder for Ford.

The only thing that might stop them is the bad investment it seems the SA have made with Mitsubishi
    I am the Stig

It's a little like that with Qantas and Ansett. The Government was ready to help Qantas but wouldn't give the same help to Ansett.

I would like to think to keep the Australia building cars they would help and do all they can to keep them all here.

Making cars for export in Korea makes sense, but no one will buy a Statesman built in Korea. Seeing as though the vast majority of Statesman/Caprice buyers are likely to be older, they'll probably have bad memories of old shitty Korean cars, and will steer clear

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Making cars for export in Korea makes sense, but no one will buy a Statesman built in Korea. Seeing as though the vast majority of Statesman/Caprice buyers are likely to be older, they'll probably have bad memories of old shitty Korean cars, and will steer clear
    WW2 veterans said the same things about japper cars didn't they? Crap quality - not the real deal etc. Nowdays most old farts plug around in Toyotas

Remember Bruce Ruxton, the well-known ex-RSL president and staunch nationalist who often represented the public face of continuing outrage at jap abuse & slaughter of Oz POWs by japan? Well even HE descended into Camry ownership!

Let's export John Howard. He is after all GDubya's bitch
    Good on ya Slick - I'm with you

What do the guys at GM do all day?

Hmmmm.... lets buy Saab so we have a luxury European brand - and then make them sell the cars we give them and wonder why they don't sell.

14 years later - Lets take 1 of our most profitable units and take aways it reason for profitability

Someone needs history leasons.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

I doubt they will end up building it in Korea...Lutz tends to talk alot
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Lutz's talking got the Monaro in the US....
    I am the Stig

...meh
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

GM i think sit around all day drinking coffee. And playing monopoly

Thread Information