Thread: New Ideas...

New Ideas...

As my signature may have tipped a few of you off I am an inventor of sorts. I would like to make this a thread where anyone can post any ideas they have had without fear of being laughed at or having their idea shot down. This will be a thread where discussion and improvement are to be made. No one will make a post here that doesn't provide constructive critisism and shows an open mind.

If it is too hard for you to do anything other than degrade other's ideas the DO NOT POST HERE.

You do not have to be the inventor of the technology to post it here you simply need to be interested in the technology and wish to find out more or discuss some of it's positives and negatives and how to fix the negatives.

I will start the ball rolling by bringing Bose's electromagnetic linier accelerator, computer controled suspension system to light. I believe that this is the suspension of the future!

Here is some info from the Bose website
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

i recently found out it allready is made from a friend, but i had this idea a while ago for a perpetuum mobile:

take one high-grade elctric motor. Link it to a sprocket box with a low number of sprocket for less friction. perhaps 2 or 3 sprockets. Then attach them to a high grade dynamo. IF you get the gears running smoothly with litlle friction and get hem so that the end rpm is fairly a lot higher than that of the intial rpm it should work.

apparently backup machinery n oil refineries works this way.

Unfortunately the laws of physics deem perpetual motion impossible. You cannot get more energy out then you put in all you can do is change the form of energy. Now with your example with a good electric motor attached via a low loss gear system to a dynamo, You would be able to see that if you put 100kw into the motor you only get about 90KW out of the dynamo. That is of course assuming that you could get the system to work. However what you can do with this type of system is cut your losses. For example if you put 100kw of energy into the electric motor and used that to drive a wheel what you could do is that when only 50kw are needed (when it is up to speed) then you can save about 49 of the 50 left over KW of energy to use later!
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

i break his arm in 3 pieces and sign it...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    As my signature may have tipped a few of you off I am an inventor of sorts. I would like to make this a thread where anyone can post any ideas they have had without fear of being laughed at or having their idea shot down. This will be a thread where discussion and improvement are to be made. No one will make a post here that doesn't provide constructive critisism and shows an open mind.

If it is too hard for you to do anything other than degrade other's ideas the DO NOT POST HERE.

You do not have to be the inventor of the technology to post it here you simply need to be interested in the technology and wish to find out more or discuss some of it's positives and negatives and how to fix the negatives.

I will start the ball rolling by bringing Bose's electromagnetic linier accelerator, computer controled suspension system to light. I believe that this is the suspension of the future!

Here is some info from the Bose website
    i had a look at the website and its seems an interesting concept. Just two questions:

1) how old is the tech talked about here? the car is a 90's lexus ls so i'm guessing over 6 years

2) how heavy is this system compared to regular springs or air suspension?
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Not for a long long time.
    The BOSE system is an innovation that showcases Bose knowledge in speaker and transducer design.
    Back in 2004 they wre qutoed saygin "When will it be ready? "In 1990, I said two years," remembers Dr. Bose. "Within the next six to ten months, I'll be in a position to select a manufacturer, only one, to team with. We have to focus on its perfection."
    So in 1990 it was going to be 2 years and in 2004 it was going to be 9 months.

"But don't anticipate it coming down to a low-priced car. They're low-priced for a reason."
    yeah because they're light, compact and don't need complex suspension

It's big and heavy.
    So limited to big and heavy cars
    Alternative oleo-penumatic magnetic fluid control and plain "air" are able to provide many of teh capabilities in real world situations for a fractoin of the weight, size and compromises of the Bose system ( ie it's so big it can really only work in a MacPherson configuration.

Making cars lighter and using variable geomotry suspension with computer controlled "slow" acting smarts is getting as good as for a fracton on the price and weight.

SO where does it go next ? IF they can get a full linear motor pack down to teh size of a complex shock system like an Ohlins or ProDrive then it can truly be looked on for the future. Personally I think they're 20 years at least off achieveing that as getting magnetic flux high enough to have high force linear motors just isnt' there with any material we currently know of

What Bose HAS done is got himsle fa decent patent portfolio so if and when those materials can be found he will be rich -- assuming it happens before the patent runs out

PS: Do you know the history of active ? All this was out in the open and most of the issues still present were reported then. TO be a good designer you really need to know the history of the art because 99% of the time someones been there and done it .... including investigating electrical versus oil/air pneumatic control
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-01-2006 at 03:21 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information