Constructors
    1. Renault
    2. McLaren

Drivers
    1. Raikonnen
    2. Alonso

i just read that ferrari are supplying red bull with full power engines

this + adrian newey + DC = force to be reckoned with
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I expect a few surprises this season from JV

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard

I reckon Jacques 'f*cking' Vile-nerve could pull something out of the bag this year too.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling

I reckon Jacques 'f*cking' Vile-nerve could pull something out of the bag this year too.
    His notice?

A Rabbit?

Maybe a career as a magician would allow a more talented driver into F1 in his stead.
    Thanks for all the fish

^^ Hah hah! You may be right!

Having said that, he's still one of the best drivers in the field, just not the best F1 driver. It'll be interesting to see.

F1 2006:

A good start to the year for McLaren, with both cars usually completing at least 1 or less laps before either KR has a "hydraulics" related problem (i.e. Mercedes control McLaren's funds, so they can't say "That big bag of wank in the back blew up. Again.") or Montoya does something stupid, like crash into a back marker, or get disqualified for running a marshal over. Idiot.

Their season continues thus untill that bloke from Renault's engine dept. comes over and sorts them out. McLaren then dominates the rest of the season. Well, I say "McLaren", obviously Montoya will still be crashing, spinning off, etc. Idiot.

Renault have a good start, untill all their staff get fed up with an uncertain future and lack of firm commitment to the sport and join other teams, buddies of Alonso going to McLaren, further bolstering the Woking team's position.

Season tails off with mostly not-quite podium finishes.

Ferrari have a 2005 sort of season, untill they get the FIA to change the rules so that the position that Michael Schumacher finishes automatically gets 10 points, and whoever wins gets -100.

Massa surprised to find that he has to drive a pedal powered car for the 2nd half of the season as they want to put two engines in Schumacher's car to get lap times almost on a par with Super Aguri.

Honda promise good results, but always end up no higher than 4th.

Toyota promise good results but always end up no higher than 6th (two pairs of dive vanes on the nose cone? Oh dear.)

BMW Sauber make a promising start before making the surprise decision to move to single-pot callipers, with hilarious consequenses.

Williams - Loosing sponsors and switching to Cosworth. Isn't that what happened to Arrows just before they went bust? They'd better hire Jos Verstappen, just to make sure.

Midland. Middle of the pack more like. Well, by "middle" I mean "back".

Red Bull gets wings. Unsurprised to find that "full-power" Ferrari engine meant "full power; nudge, nudge, wink, wink"
    DC says "This is definately my season..." before complaining that he just can't get used to single-lap qualifying, causing some confusion as they're not doing single-lap qualifying any more.

Torro Rosso unsuprised to find that technical data fed down from Red Bull is "technical data; nudge, nudge, wink, wink"
    Crap drivers - crap results!

Super Aguri encounter problems when, after arriving at the airport in Bahrain, they find all of their luggage has been sent to Copenhagen, including their cars. Field a rented Renault Kangoo and Fiat Punto and, as everyone knows that hire cars are the fastest cars ever, they win the race!

This unexpected succcess lends them to the strategy of putting Sato on a 'plane headed for a completely different location to that which the race is in, and as a result have quite a good season, considering.
    Thanks for all the fish

^^ Brilliant.

I will ask a moderator to close the thread and block posts for editing in this thread some time before first quali in Bahrain. Time permitting I will tally your votes and see who's up.

If you haven't included your predictions you have about 12 hrs to do so (from the time I posted this).

Conventrysucks: amusing reading but not really caught on who gets your vote. Sato and Super Auguri?
    Zag when they Zig

Final Tally (only counted for first position though).

Constructors:

McLaren 11
    Renault 8
    Ferrari 3
    Honda 1

Driver:

Kimi 6
    Alonso 6
    M Shu 3
    JPM 2

Let me welcome all of you to the F1 season 2006!

Now I'm going to ask a mod to close it.
    Zag when they Zig

and lo .... the mod spread his hand across the land and it was so .....
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information