Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans Series Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    That's highly unusual for an endurance race. The only reason they put out the red flag was the fact that the entire track was covered with debris. In any other situation they would have had the field run laps behind the safety car until the track was cleared. It's not like F1 where a car in the gravel is sufficient for a red flag.
    That's true... But the whole track was full of wrecks and people and it was the first lap... I would have called a red flag for that.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    That's true... But the whole track was full of wrecks and people and it was the first lap... I would have called a red flag for that.
    Have you ever heard of a red flag at Le Mans? Even with the 1955 fatal accident the race went on. Another problem at Spa was the fact that the cars had to crawl over Eau Rouge, which caused all kinds of clutch and cooling issues.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I said it once and I am going to say it again

a quick little prediction about the race;

im guessing either the 22 ROLLCENTRE will get a high top finish/win or have engine problems (non tranny) 3/4 of the way through

could be wrong (its 24hrs) but lets see what happens
    as/per le 24 heurs de lemans in France.

So far, I am right to them having problems when I said it at the beginning of the season, but things do change, and for this famous race I bet they might change for the better or in most common cases, for the worse.

But if they go tick tick boom 3/4 of the way through...or run out of gas then it would be a shame...or not

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Are you guys watching? Audi's gonna take this year's title again.

And the Aston is finally beating the rednecks.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Are you guys watching? Audi's gonna take this year's title again.

And the Aston is finally beating the rednecks.
    Don't look now, but the Vetteredneck team is 5 laps ahead of the Astongreypoupon team.

Audi looks to break the distance covered record too....and without seriously pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Audi looks to break the distance covered record too....and without seriously pushing.
    360 laps covered, and 1h8min to go.

Looks like they will tie the number of laps but not break the distance record.

Results :

Code:
    Pos	N°     Team	                    
    1	8	Audi Sport Team Joest	
    2	17	Pescarolo Sport	         
    3	7	Audi Sport Team Joest	
    4	64	Corvette Racing	
    5	16	Pescarolo Sport
    6	007	Aston Martin Racing	
    7	72	Alphand Aventures	
    8	62	Russian Age Racing	
    9	25	RML	
    10	009	Aston Martin Racing	
    11	66	ACEMCO Motorsports	
    12	63	Corvette Racing	
    13	24	Binnie Motorsports	
    14	27	Miracle Motorsports	
    15	81	Team LNT	
    16	83	Seikel Motorsports	
    17	87	Scuderia Ecosse	
    18	80	Flying Lizard Motorsports	
    19	33	Intersport Racing	
    20	22	Rollcentre Racing	
    21	32	Barazi Epsilon	
    22	93	Team Taisan Advan	
    23	53	Jloc Isao Noritake	
    24	73	Ice Pol Racing Team	
    25	2	Zytek Engineering	
    26	19	Chamberlain Synergy	
    27	20	Pierre Bruneau	

DNF :

D.N.F.	5	Swiss Spirit	
    D.N.F.	6	Lister Storm Racing	
    D.N.F.	9	Creation Autosportif	
    D.N.F.	12	Courage Competition	
    D.N.F.	13	Courage Competition	
    D.N.F.	14	Racing for Holland	
    D.N.F.	30	Welter Gerard		
    D.N.F.	35	G-Force Racing	
    D.N.F.	36	Paul Belmondo Racing	
    D.N.F.	37	Paul Belmondo Racing	
    D.N.F.	39	Chamberlain Synergy	
    D.N.F.	50	Larbre Competition	
    D.N.F.	61	Russian Age Racing	
    D.N.F.	67	Convers Menx Team	
    D.N.F.	69	BMS Scuderia Italia	
    D.N.F.	76	IMSA Perf. Matmut	
    D.N.F.	77	Multimatic Panoz M.S.	
    D.N.F.	85	Spyker Squadron	
    D.N.F.	86	Spyker Squadron	
    D.N.F.	89	Sebah Automotive Ltd	
    D.N.F.	90	White Lightning Racing	
    D.N.F.	91	T2M Motorsport	
    D.N.F.	98	Del Bello Noel
    The Audi's covered 379 laps.
    Last edited by adamfraser; 06-18-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Good effort by Team LNT

So Audi won in the end. That's the end of the world as we know it...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I can't believe a Panoz actually won GT2, I call for a steroid test!!

And the C5-R barely got on the top 3, guess it's still good (but I still wanna call for steroid testing!!) . Damn rednecks got the Astons again, at least Bond managed to put a 2nd place in GT1.

Ferrari will never win..............
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Alphand's car was the only one in the field running air conditioning. Looked like it helped a lot. ACEMCO had an interesting way to deal with heat...
    I was laughing my ass off when 63 Corvette spun (Johnny O has been doing a lot of that lately )
    Bit of a shame that the Seikel Motorsport Porsche lost a gear, and broke the shifter so late in the running

The factory Courage's had a terrible time. Maybe they should consider changing their engine supplier to Judd, they've had nothing but problems with the Mugen engines.
    Yet again, the WR Peugeot had a pitiful performance. The little incident they had (before it burned ) proved it is a tough car though. The Intersport Lola's engine blew during the last 5 minutes

During the race, the commentators confirmed the Peugeot 908 will be a closed top proto. It will for sure be faster than the Audi R10 on the straights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Alphand's car was the only one in the field running air conditioning. Looked like it helped a lot. ACEMCO had an interesting way to deal with heat...
    I was laughing my ass off when 63 Corvette spun (Johnny O has been doing a lot of that lately )
    Bit of a shame that the Seikel Motorsport Porsche lost a gear, and broke the shifter so late in the running

The factory Courage's had a terrible time. Maybe they should consider changing their engine supplier to Judd, they've had nothing but problems with the Mugen engines.
    Yet again, the WR Peugeot had a pitiful performance. The little incident they had (before it burned ) proved it is a tough car though. The Intersport Lola's engine blew during the last 5 minutes

During the race, the commentators confirmed the Peugeot 908 will be a closed top proto. It will for sure be faster than the Audi R10 on the straights.
    Peugeot didn't even confirm what 908 is going to be, how can they commentate on that.....

ACO did announce by 2010 all LMP1 car will be coupes, and only for manufacturers....I wonder how that will turn out.

Aston again was beaten by themselves, clutch failure for the 009 late in the race was bad, but 007's punctured oil pan because of a late pit-entry was completely counter productive, and much more laughable than the relatively harmless spin by # 63... For all intends and purpose the 2 cars were equal on pace, since one can't pull away and one can't catch the other, but the reliability again decided the race. I am just glad though that Aston will run a full ALMS season, so more stuff to look forward to(as if it weren't enough already) at Mosport....

Panoz win was solid, they didn't get into any trouble in a surprisingly troublesome class this year, and they won.

LMP2 is still glass tiger, and hugely overshadowed by the now nearly bulletproof GT1 field, and even with the Porsche joining the frey it may not change....

Audi R10 was amazing, the win obviously was a huge achievement, but so many thing impresses with that car. They were running 3:32s by like lap 3 or 4(consider thats how fast the Pescarolos qualifed), and they can dip into 3:35 or below seemingly on demend. Consistantly 2 laps longer on fuel, and even the car with problem is impressive in how they deal with the problems. Gearbox internals were changed in 9 mins(vs Pesca's 1 hrs), Turbo chargers were changed in 15 mins, and immediately on pace afterwards. Whats scary is that by next year none of these problem will occur again.....Peugeot's beast sounds impressive now, but they need to be completely on their game to beat the Audi....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I like the coming closed cockpit rule!

Yes, the Audi will be hard to beat as it will be more refined and the traction control will be working by then...if it's still allowed.

Several teams have announced they're going to compete at the Petit Le Mans this fall, I'm looking forward to going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    I like the coming closed cockpit rule!

Yes, the Audi will be hard to beat as it will be more refined and the traction control will be working by then...if it's still allowed.

Several teams have announced they're going to compete at the Petit Le Mans this fall, I'm looking forward to going again.
    Both Radicals might be at Petit

Thread Information