Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Civic (8th gen -US-) 2005-2011

Honda Civic (8th gen -US-) 2005-2011

2006 Civic Highlights
    • Four completely-redesigned models include the Civic Si Coupe, an ultra-efficient Civic Hybrid sedan, and well-equipped and technologically-advanced Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe
    • Advanced safety systems include Honda-exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering(TM) (ACE)(TM) Body Structure for vehicle-to-vehicle crash compatibility and collision energy management, and a long list of standard safety equipment including side curtain airbags, driver's and front passenger's side airbags, and anti-lock braking
    • Expressive exterior styling exhibits sporty character and refined presence
    • Interior delivers more style and function than any other vehicle in segment
    • New powertrain technologies include a new, even more intelligent i-VTEC engine with advanced valve control, and a fourth generation IMA Civic Hybrid powertrain that delivers higher performance and improved fuel economy with lower emissions
    New Technology and Features Some vehicles in the compact segment can provide fun-to-drive performance, or safety, or environmental performance; but only the Civic can deliver all of these traits simultaneously along with value, style and sophistication - with models custom tailored for a performance enthusiast, a technology enthusiast and a mainstream buyer.

All Models
    • New exterior styling features a one-motion profile with an ultra-fast windshield rake, minimal front and rear overhangs and reduced gap between the tires and fenders
    • Interior styling and functionality increased with two-tier instrument panel, improved seating areas and multi-functional center console
    • Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
    • Standard front, front side and side curtain airbags
    • Active front seat head restraints
    • Standard 4-channel Advanced Logic ABS with Electronic Brake Distribution
    • Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition (available on Si, Hybrid and EX)
    • XM(R) Satellite Radio (available on Si, Hybrid and EX)
    • Front MacPherson strut suspension with enhanced geometry
    • Compact multi-link double wishbone rear suspension with enhanced geometry
    • Sedan and coupe each have a unique wheelbase and exterior dimensions
    • Drive-by-Wire throttle control on all models
    • Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
    Civic Si Coupe
    • 2.0-liter i-VTEC(TM) 4-cylinder engine
    • 197-horsepower (2) @ 7800 rpm and 139 lb-ft. torque3 @ 6200 rpm
    • 6-speed manual transmission with helical-type limited slip differential
    • Exclusive exterior includes rear deck wing, aero cladding and Si badging
    • Exclusive interior with deeply bolstered seats, red fabric stitching and unique trim panels
    • Standard 17-inch alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 87V tires (summer tire available)
    Civic Hybrid Sedan

• 1.3-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with 15 Kilowatt electric motor
    • 110-horsepower3 @ 6000 rpm and 123 lb-ft. torque3 @ 1000-2500 rpm
    • New lighter, more powerful and efficient Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system with greatly enhanced energy regeneration capability and electric-only operation
    • Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) as standard equipment
    • 50/50 mpg city/highway (3)
    • AT-PZEV emissions
    • Exclusive interior styling includes IMA instrument panel meters and two-tone seating surfaces
    Civic Sedan and Coupe

• All-new 1.8-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with advanced valve control technology
    • 140 horsepower @ 6300 rpm and 128 lb-ft. torque @ 4300 rpm
    • 30/40 mpg city/highway (automatic transmission) (2)
    • ULEV-2 emissions in all 50 states (3)
    • 5-speed automatic transmission available (standard 5-speed manual)
    Honda Civic 2006 US version
    Attached Images Attached Images

Honda Civic 2006 US version

Honda Civic 2006 US version Si

Honda Civic 2006 US version Hybrid

I KNEW IT americans ROCK this one OWNS i truly lOVE this thanks for the images

Hmm, the American version looks infinitely better. For once.
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Four door Si is missing. How can they do that? There is huge market for such cars in States.
    Last edited by smxi; 09-02-2005 at 06:03 AM.

Honda Civic 2006 US group

When I first saw the new civic I didn't think anything of it; then I saw it in person at the Indianapolis auto show, and first thought was "it's kind of ugly". Now I'm thinking maybe because it's quite different in design; just as when the current styling of BMW first came out, many people criticized it (except me, and therefore I got criticized as well ), but now more people all the sudden like the styling. The new Civic design has grown on me, but I will never say it's "beautiful".

The hybrid is claimed for a 50/50 mpg consumption. At least these figures are slightly more accurate than past years.

2006 media pictures.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Does the U.S. version get the same manual 6-speed transmission that can be put in automatic version? If no one knows, I'll eventually find out.

The safety of this car should be quite impressive.

2006 media pictures; Civic Si.

"Dual zone", at least that's how I read it from European sources; the U.S. may concern it as a "two tier display". Uper zone has critical speed, fuel economy information, and other; the lower zone has the tachometer and other information.

Some might say it's odd, but at least it's not the same old same old. At least it works well in design, and thoughtfulness in the civic, unlike the Saturn ION's interior (if you haven’t seen it, don't look). I happen to like it, in it's pratical sense.

edit note: my three post are U.S. version Civics.
    Last edited by Distress; 01-15-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Honda Civic (8th gen FD1/FD2/FD7/FA1/FG1/FG2/FA5/FK/FN/MK8) 2005-2011

Honda Civic Hybrid

Civic Hybrid – Green is the new black

• Honda renews its commitment to hybrid technology Premium Hybrid with performance and design Radically updated exterior and interior to rival executive compacts 20% power increase from previous Civic Hybrid– matching that of a 1.8 engine
    • Improved fuel economy

Honda’s commitment to environmentally friendly transport gets a real “boost” with the unveiling of the new, more powerful performance Civic Hybrid at Frankfurt.

Having already produced 100,000 hybrid vehicles worldwide, Honda understands the hybrid market better than most and is raising the stakes even further with a no-compromise performance hybrid for the next generation.

Environment is rising on the agenda and affecting car choice but for many people, image, style and performance will always take precedence. For those wanting to make an environmentally responsible choice of vehicle but with premium design and performance to match Honda believes the Civic Hybrid offers the perfect solution. In short, a green car with driving appeal. Another consideration is that though the car takes lots of styling cues from the 5 door Civic, its 4 door saloon form is slightly less radical. Therefore for people who find the 5 door too dramatic but want to buy a Civic the Hybrid offers a credible alternative. Whatever the purchase reasons Honda is convinced hybrid will become the next ‘big thing’.

"I am convinced customers would be delighted if whilst they drive they could have all of the fun of a free revving petrol engine, the economy of a diesel, lower company car tax, no longer pay congestion charges and save the planet" explains Simon Thompson "IMA (hybrid) technology should not be seen as a peripheral fad but a fundamental core of the UK car market in the very near future. “

Class leading Performance
    New Civic Hybrid leads its class for performance, boasting a engine power output of 95PS (17 PS more than Toyota Prius) and a total power output (including IMA system) of 115ps. This has not compromised fuel economy or Co2 emissions - 61.4mpg and 109 g/km respectively.

Visual appeal has also been a key consideration to help win over more converts and Honda’s stylists have ensured that the appeal of the car matches it’s the tastes of a modern audience. Following on from its 5 door sibling the, 4 door compact is a big leap forward in terms of design. The exterior employs a more distinctive, modern look and the futuristic “dual link” cockpit, seen on new Civic also makes the transition.

The modern and distinctive look also boasts technologies to match. At its heart is the new, significantly more compact and efficient, Honda Hybrid System which comprises of a new 1.3-litre 3-stage i-VTEC engine plus Integrated Motor Assist (IMA).

The new Honda Hybrid System employs intelligent engine functions and a more efficient IMA system to achieve an approximate 20% increase in output over the current system, giving a powerful performance of a 1.8-litre engine while improving fuel economy, reducing the system size by 5% and attainting a world-leading level of emissions performance.

The 3-stage i-VTEC engine utilizes three hydraulic pathways to couple and uncouple five-rocker-arm assemblies, providing three stages of valve control depending on the driving conditions to achieve a combination of responsive driving and fuel economy. During deceleration when the cylinders are idle, combustion in all four cylinders is halted and the cylinders sealed shut, reducing pumping losses caused by engine aspiration for a 10% improvement in recovery of braking energy compared to the current Civic IMA. Virtually everything possible has been done to reduce friction as well, including the use of aluminium die-cast pistons, which feature low thermal expansion for less friction under high-temperature conditions, ion-plated piston rings, and plateau honing of the cylinder walls for a smoother surface.

Honda’s independently developed electric motor employs coils with high-density windings and high-performance magnets to attain output 1.5 times that of the current model while maintaining the same size. The inverter used to control motor speed—also independently developed and manufactured by Honda—is integrated with the motor’s ECU for more precise digital control, contributing to even greater motor efficiency and fuel economy. Battery output has been increased by around 30% over the current model, while a more compact, custom designed battery storage box offers increased cooling performance and vibration resistance for further improved long-term reliability.

Also, a dynamic regenerative braking system is engaged that hydraulically controls the brakes based on the amount of brake regeneration. This permits maximum braking regeneration along with smooth deceleration that conforms to brake-pedal pressure. The air conditioner features a hybrid compressor that is powered by both the engine and the motor. When the engine is in Idle Stop mode the compressor is powered by the motor; if rapid cooling is required it is powered by the engine and motor combined. When the temperature is stable it runs off the motor alone, for both improved comfort and fuel savings.

New Honda Hybrid System Modes of Operation

Vehicle stationary
    The engine is turned off and fuel consumption is zero.

Startup and acceleration
    The engine operates in low-speed valve timing mode, with motor assist.

Rapid acceleration
    The engine operates in high-speed valve timing mode, with motor assist.

Low-speed cruising
    The valves of all four of the engine’s cylinders are closed and combustion halted. The motor alone powers the vehicle.

Gentle acceleration and high-speed cruising
    The engine operating in low-speed valve timing mode powers the vehicle.

Deceleration
    The valves of all four of the engine’s cylinders are closed and combustion halted. The motor recovers the maximum amount of energy released during deceleration and stores it in the battery.

Greater awareness of hybrid prompts name change
    As everybody now understands the term “hybrid” Honda have decided to simply call the new model the Civic hybrid. That doesn’t mean IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) has ceased to exist – this is still the technology runs Honda’s hybrid system. For the Civic Hybrid “IMA” will be denoted rather in the same way that “i-VTEC” would be on an Honda petrol engines.
    Last edited by Vaigra; 03-15-2006 at 12:12 PM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Honda Civic Hybrid #2

Being nice since 2007.

Honda Civic Hybrid #3

Being nice since 2007.

Is this the Euro model? Looks the same as the Acura CSX (which is obviously on the same platform as the Civic).
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Thread Information