Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
not always.
I did NOT say all the others counted too.
All the bits YOU describe is "bad driving" what I was describing was the contrl in "good driving".
You clearly dont' know the difference
Err...do you mean "I did NOT say all the others don't count too"? Because your statement "EVERY time you see a driver in a professional race spin off in a corner then it's down to throttle control" says something else entirely.
Sorry, if you get thrown in a corner due to lack of proper throttle control, then that's not "good driving", that's shite driving.

not always.
So and NOW you are makign statements AGREEIGN with what I said.
"NOW"?
Did you forget to read my comment in #112?:
"The way you're describing it, it seems like the Z06 is the one that requires more to tame and that may very well be true." How the feck do you conclude I'm saying there's NO difference in technique required?? To say that there is no difference (or to say that torque makes it easier), is really the only way to disagree. No, we're only disagreeing on the what's the ultimate determinant in whether a car is controllable through a corner: the torque (more specifically, the delivery of the torque) or the driver. You seem to think it's the former that makes the difference.

Correct as it was in amongst so much BS I missed it.
Uh...you "missed it" at least three times. In any event "yeah I'm not a fan of the Nobles in wet" is a pretty crappy explanation.

( As an interesting aside the "Stig" once was lambasted by muscle-lovers for supposedly not knowing how to drive a corvette. WOudl those arguments be valid here ? )
And did you see me lambasting the Stig for not knowing how to drive a Corvette?
Let me get this straight:
Out of all of the cars driven by Autocar (of which there were nineteen), many which you'd suspect to be very fast in the wet (the FWD and AWD cars, particularly the Evo with its tricky diffs), Autocar were only able to drive properly the Ford GT and the Corvette? LMFAO!!

Without seeing corner speed it may well be that they entered corner better due to their balance.
WTF? How is the Ford GT anymore well balanced than the Noble? How is the Corvette anymore balanced than the V8 Vantage, 350Z, Evo, etc? If anything, there is at most crap for difference between them, except the GT and Corvette are vastly handicapped (according to your theory) because they have so much more torque, thus making them "nightmares" to control.

More likely ( as I've expereienced this one ) is that EVERYBODY is as slow as shit roudn the corners but once on to the straight the torquier car delivered it faster and made up much more time.
Or...maybe torque doesn't doesn't make you spin out in a wet corner, assuming you know what you're doing. In any case, enough already: torque doesn't make you faster.
Considering Autocar has this opportunity to test so many cars in wet conditions, and thus trying to determine Britain's Best Driver's call in more than one condition, I have a hard time beleiving they wouldn't take each car to the limits in the wet. If they had wanted to see the effect of torque, then why not simply do straightline acceleration runs?

Some cars handle better in the dry than the wet ( my A610 for one and mates GT40 rep too - go do searches you'll find numerous vids and pics I've posted on UCP of both )
Haha, and of the nineteen cars tested, only the Corvette and Ford GT handle better in the wet than in the dry (relative to the competition)...due to their lack of torque. Oh, waitaminute...

Did you READ the bit abotu "few mms" ?
Yeah, I did. Did you read the part where I said one shouldn't apply those "few mms" if the car can't take it?

And make mninor inputs to keep it right there, so each time a littel loss is detected in front wash out or rear step then you counteract with steering and throttle input.
But you do it with enough steering and throttle input. Not excessively so.
And sloppy steering input (or failure to accurately read what your vehicle is doing by (mis)reading the signals, some of which come through the steering wheel) is yet another reason for going off. It's not all down to throttle control, as you explicitly stated.

You're LYING about talking to peoplr about driving fast on track or it woudlnt' even have needed saying.
Since when did I say I talked to them? I read what they write after having trackday experiences. Who's lying?

ALL I EVER SAID was that with LOTS of torque then control of IT becomes a major factor.
And then it comes down to the driver's skill (or lack thereof) to control the torque. The fact that so many high-torque cars don't spin out (not to mention the fact that even cars with relatively low torque do spin out) tells us it's down to the driver. Not the amount of torque. Most cars nowadays, being what they are, have throttles that can be adjusted nearly infinitely and incrementally. You don't have to dump on all the torque at once.

My local track with friends GT40 rep. Rover V8 putting out about 380hp. In the wet. DIRECT experience http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...gt40+knockhill
And did you spin it? Even if you had, that doesn't prove anything.

Other folsk on UCP are lloking for my time on MUCH more inportant issues.
Then get to it.