Thread: Another Tragic Death in Rallying. :(

Another Tragic Death in Rallying. :(

The first day of the 2006 Rally Catalunya saw the tragic death of JWRC co-driver Jorg Bastuck. By the sounds of it it was a nasty and hugely unlucky accident that cost him his life....

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsport.com
    Today was a sad day for the rallyists when it was learned that an accident involving two JWRC competitors ended the life of Jorg Bastuck, co-driver for Aaron Nicolai Burkart On the second stage, the Citroen C2 team slid off-road sustaining wheel damage. As Bastuck was in the process of changing to the back-up wheel, Barry Clark's N3 Ford Fiesta went off in the same location, striking the German.

Bastuck was treated at the scene and flown to Joan XXIII Hospital in Tarragona in serious condition, attempts were futile to save his life. His family was informed by the organizer. The Clerk of the Course has announced that the podium celebrations on Sunday have been canceled.

"It is with deep regret that the organizers announce that Jorg Bastuck, co-driver in car number 54, has died as a result of injuries sustained during an accident in Special Stage 2 (El Montmell 1)," per the statement from the rally organizers. ""As a mark of respect, there will be no celebrations in Salou at the finish on Sunday 26 March."

Burkart and Bastuck were making their first appearance in JWRC for PRT Motorsport in the 2006 season. "Jorg Bastuck's death is a tragic loss to all of us. Our thoughts and sympathies go to his family," said OMW World Rally Team's principal Brigitte Muhlwisch, whose firm sponsors the No. 54 PRT C2.
    Sad news indeed.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

How bad would Clark be feeling?

A very sad situation.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

RIP, I hope he finds Richard Burns and they go for a drive.

That is just nuts. If I were the one to hit the co-driver I know that I'd be pretty well messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    How bad would Clark be feeling?

A very sad situation.
    I agree with you, very sad indeed, but clark shouldn't really kick himself, it's a race, sure he should've of slowed down slightly if hekenw they were up ahead, but it's still very sad nevertheless
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

But did he know there was an accident up ahead?

Anyway, sad news.

Sad news indeed, read on teletext an immediatly thought of Park and Burns. WRC is having a hard time with all this. And of course nobody needs to be blamed, that's why it's called an "accident" .

May he rest in peace and of course all the best to his family.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information