Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Headphones/Headsets ...

Gaming Headphones/Headsets ...

I really want a pair of headphones to use for gaming, which means it must have some good bass. I have £60/$100 to spend. It can have a microphone but I'm not too worried about it because I have my own microphone at home.

I DONT want those force feedback headphones, I just want good quality audio with a nice thump so I can feel explosions

Any help will be greatly appreciated ...

Do you do FPS games ? That support 5.1 sound ?
    Nephew runs a set and swears by them when gaming.
    I'll find out what make......
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Do you do FPS games ? That support 5.1 sound ?
    Nephew runs a set and swears by them when gaming.
    I'll find out what make......
    Most of the games I play are FPS and most, if not all, support 5.1. It'd be great if you could find out ...

Edit: Oh - and they must be pretty sound-proof. No ear-bud headphones. Size and style does not matter AT ALL
    Last edited by :Exige:; 03-22-2006 at 06:07 AM.

sennheiser HD497

end of debate. buy them. now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...&Go.y=15&Go=Go

BOSE triports. awesome. i love them.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Most of the games I play are FPS and most, if not all, support 5.1. It'd be great if you could find out ...

Edit: Oh - and they must be pretty sound-proof. No ear-bud headphones. Size and style does not matter AT ALL
    Good job then
    They were Zalman, 3 speajers in each ear cup !!
    He said that they're not uncomfortable but DO look weird.
    Given him peace in the marital home as he can still play FPS online and not annoy his good lady

These wont' give the quality of an expensive Senn or Bose, but if what you play is mainly MP3s encoded at 128 then you dont' really want very good headphones. Senns are standard issue in studios because they show up EVERY fault
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    My Altec Lansing AHS602i is just awesome with SRS Surround sound, extremely great for gaming. If you want headphones only, then you're looking for the AHS712i.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

HaHa Cotterik youv'e got the same headphones as me

But if you want a headset Get the P150 i think yeah i think its them Sennheiser rule can't get better theyve won so many innovation awards etc...

The sound quality is Amazing trust me i love My HD497s:P
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

yeah, theyre so comfortable and the quality is fantastic. great buy!

my dad has some HD 650's

JVC HA-M1000

I bought these specifically for closed back excellent sound quality for music, and they certainly deliver. They're on the slightly heavy side, but they're extremely comfortable, I've worn them for 18 hours in 1 day and haven't had a single problem. They fold up into themselves, so they are very compact and the cable is easily removeable for the most compact possible storage.
    The cable is quite long, 1-1.5m on itself, and has a coil which allows it to stretch much longer if desired, I haven't had a problem with this since I've bought them, and I've used them on many applications.
    The sound quality is excellent, every single sound is pronounced clearly and no sound quality is lost. The bass is excellent, and bring through so much more than computer speakers do, unless you have a 'woofer with your speakers of course.
    Best of all, they don't make you look like a puntz when wearing them .

Comparing them to my Sennheiser HD 590s, they're not AS comfortable (nothing can beat high quality open back Sennheisers for comfort ), and there is a minimal difference in sound quality, but nothing overly noticeable and certainly not anything you'll be disturbed about when immersed in a computer game. The bass is more accesible in the JVCs as well. Keep in mind, the Sennheisers retail at about twice the price of the JVCs.

My $.02.

"use for gaming"...

Come on guys when you're making these recommendations give Exige an idea of how good ( or nto ) they are on spatial recreation for FPSs.
    NCs the only one even hinting at their usefullness for what is wanted. ( I'm intrigued, do they actually manage to recreate a rear/front or is it just "reverb" so that it fools the brain ? )

"use for gaming"...

Come on guys when you're making these recommendations give Exige an idea of how good ( or nto ) they are on spatial recreation for FPSs.
    NCs the only one even hinting at their usefullness for what is wanted. ( I'm intrigued, do they actually manage to recreate a rear/front or is it just "reverb" so that it fools the brain ? )
    You can call it a "reverb", but it's pretty accurate.

You can put SRS effect on anything, but this would be the most accurate. Even the old stereo version was quite accurate.

Jeez how many times did I say "accurate"? Damn I just said "accurate" again....DAMMIT!!
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    You can call it a "reverb", but it's pretty accurate.

You can put SRS effect on anything, but this would be the most accurate. Even the old stereo version was quite accurate.

Jeez how many times did I say "accurate"? Damn I just said "accurate" again....DAMMIT!!
    Yeah but I'm still not clear that you are getting FRONT?BACK accurate and not just somewerhe left adn somwehere right ?

Could you confirm for Exige. ( Coz your sterio comment confused as you could not tell in COD if a sound was from behind or in front -- important for a kill-master ) I was asking about "accurate" in all dimensions ... not looking for a body-count

SRS enhancements on a Stereo signal are NOT 3d accurate. They provide an "enhanced aural projection" which for videos lets the brain "position" based on visual inputs. That doesn't work for gaming as well

Yeah but I'm still not clear that you are getting FRONT?BACK accurate and not just somewerhe left adn somwehere right ?

Could you confirm for Exige. ( Coz your sterio comment confused as you could not tell in COD if a sound was from behind or in front -- important for a kill-master ) I was asking about "accurate" in all dimensions ... not looking for a body-count

SRS enhancements on a Stereo signal are NOT 3d accurate. They provide an "enhanced aural projection" which for videos lets the brain "position" based on visual inputs. That doesn't work for gaming as well
    Trust me, I donno how they do it, but I can tell the difference easily between front and back. It does sound like if only the rear half of the speaker works when there're noise from the back, and same case for front. Seriously I donno how they do it, but I know it is supposely a stereo+SRS.......I'll have to look into it more.

EDIT: Ok I found it, the SRS on my headset has 3D effects, while the regular SRS WOW Effects don't. As you can see, the remote is what controls it, so unless you have an AAA battery, it won't be accurate. Oh and you'll need rechargeables cause it does sometimes drains a battery quickly.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 03-28-2006 at 03:11 AM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I was quite satisfied with my Sennheiser Silver HD-280's. I think they retail at around 150. Great sound-cancelling, sound quality, and comfort. As of now they've been put to rest because my mom ran over the wire with the vaccum and shredded a part of it somehow.

Thread Information