Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista pushed back to 2007

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Windows Vista pushed back to 2007

The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Wow that's a suprise...not.

One big LOL.

MS are looking VERY bad as they had a big meet with announcement on Vista and DIDN@T tell anyone about the delay .Two days later a delay is announced.

Someone in MS should be leaving the company pretty soon !!

The business version may still be on track, it's the home versions they've said are delayed !!

The chip makers are hurting on the stock market as it looks as if they're won't be the big push to 64 bit that was expected to come with Vista.

In the meantime Apple will clean up as they are making a LOT of publicity of the new Intel based Macs being 4 times faster than before ( and as usual the marketing PR guys will glibly ignore any question mark about previous claims that the Apples were more powerful than the Intels )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    In the meantime Apple will clean up as they are making a LOT of publicity of the new Intel based Macs being 4 times faster than before ( and as usual the marketing PR guys will glibly ignore any question mark about previous claims that the Apples were more powerful than the Intels )
    They claimed they were more powerful then the laptop G4 and the single core G5's. The dual core PowerPC G5 chips in the Powermacs are still way more powerful then anything Intel has at the present. Funny how Intel still doesnt have a real 64 bit desktop processor to my knowledge (not that EMT64 crap or whatever the hell they added to the P4 chips).

Like others have said the delay is no surprise and even when it is released next year I suspect it will still be very buggy and full of security holes.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    They claimed they were more powerful then the laptop G4 and the single core G5's. The dual core PowerPC G5 chips in the Powermacs are still way more powerful then anything Intel has at the present.
    Your informatino is one generation old My point was also on that APPLE are now claiming their "new" Intel based Macs are 4 times omre powerful than before
    Funny how Intel still doesnt have a real 64 bit desktop processor to my knowledge (not that EMT64 crap or whatever the hell they added to the P4 chips).
    Well EMT64 was put in the server range so that the hardware could simultaneously support legacy 32 bit and 64 bit applications each at peak performance. Natural for Intel to exapdn taht out as they have done.
    Itanium path was always there for the serious 64 bit ( and above ! ) solutions.
    Like others have said the delay is no surprise and even when it is released next year I suspect it will still be very buggy and full of security holes.
    Well that's just silly
    Much speculation about what's going on behind MS' doors, but I'm betting that they are focussing on ensuring the business version hits the streets on time and possible that they've hit a glitch with the wide range of hardware and applications they need to run out of the box and putting their efforts on that. ( My speculation, as they've not let us know any delays yet on teh business release )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-23-2006 at 11:39 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

He he to be honest i wouldn't have said anything if i was Microsoft because as a result of them anouncing it theyre share prices dropped loosing them a reasnable amount of money, and don't give me all that crap that Bill Gates can afford it because its not only him that loses out. Money is Money.

And processor wise they're at the end of the sumer going to release a whole range of processors that will blow you all away all the companies are going to do a more considerable jump. I can't wait until SOny release they're cell processor which uses the PS3 technology running at terraflopes.

I want to start a pool for how long it takes this time to make a pirate copy of Vista with XP they said it was full proof and two hours after release you could buy it for a fiver down at some market/ or download it
    Last edited by matek; 03-23-2006 at 12:48 PM.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

I hope you realise that the Cell is useless for day to day computing and even if it were usefull that windoze wouldn't run on it.

Hmmm i said cell technology. They have to change the format but they can do it, in the end its a processor so an operating system doesn't run it.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Your informatino is one generation old

Well EMT64 was put in the server range so that the hardware could simultaneously support legacy 32 bit and 64 bit applications each at peak performance. Natural for Intel to exapdn taht out as they have done.
    My information is one generation old? They claimed they were more powerful then the previous models which is kind of obvious considering how old and slow the G4 was. As for the Itanium it is a server only processor that will probably never make its way into a desktop system. The Pentium 4 needs to be replaced to when AMD is for lack of better words kicking the crap out Intel in performance and value.

The P4 will get replaced this year, this summer IIRC. It's called Conroe.

MS are looking VERY bad as they had a big meet with announcement on Vista and DIDN@T tell anyone about the delay .Two days later a delay is announced.

Someone in MS should be leaving the company pretty soon !!

The business version may still be on track, it's the home versions they've said are delayed !!

The chip makers are hurting on the stock market as it looks as if they're won't be the big push to 64 bit that was expected to come with Vista.

Yep i have seen the Intel mac ad's here, What do they call our PC's? Boring little boxes.

Not suppressed it's held back as Microsoft has had there hands full with the 360.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    My information is one generation old? They claimed they were more powerful then the previous models which is kind of obvious considering how old and slow the G4 was. As for the Itanium it is a server only processor that will probably never make its way into a desktop system. The Pentium 4 needs to be replaced to when AMD is for lack of better words kicking the crap out Intel in performance and value.
    and that's what Intels "Core" branding line is about.
    With 45nm coming on stream and the new micro architected processing modules the HP researched Itanium path developed replacing the growing Pentium behemoth then it's obvious why Apple jumped ship [ Meriom and Conroe won't be till end of this year ]
    To return to the Apple until teh announcement of the Intel Macs then Apple were proclaiming they were the fastest processor on teh block. Then they announce Intel and within a coupel of months they are pronouncing THOSE as the fastest on the block. The beauty of an advertising managers amnesia Either the Intels were faster or they aren't !!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-23-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Not suppressed it's held back as Microsoft has had there hands full with the 360.
    Unlikely as they are different development teams.
    But you can blame the XBox for billions of $$$ losses on the bottom line

1. does anyone else find it extremely nerdy to be sad about a 4month delay in an operating system?

2.i would be so pissed if i got windows for chanukkah or chirstmas.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Unlikely as they are different development teams.
    But you can blame the XBox for billions of $$$ losses on the bottom line
    I'm getting confused are MS trying to move into Consoles?
    I know that might bring more money cause it's slightly cheaper and more might buy them in the end, But they go out of date faster then a billy ray Cyrus album,
    My mum PC is over 4 years old and still plays all games today and does the everyday things pretty easy, My poor old PS1 sit's doing nothing anymore it's worthless.
    Now they are getting so big they might update them every 3-5 years. The first X-Box was only here for a short time before they made the 360.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information