Page 123 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I'd go it. personally. while Ex-rentals have always been serviced on time they've also been used by people who don't own them - and that's never a good sign.

This car, provided it's been properly maintained, should give you years of life out of it.

It's also a nice colour sounds pretty good to me.....
    Would you believe the Territory we hired in 05 to bathurst had missed some of it's serviced check ups.. Love log books they tell you heaps, My brothers car missed the most important one the first one how dum are the cops!.
    My VT didnt have a book i was told it came with one at the shed, The tow truck guy said it came with one but didnt find it?.
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Shockwave blue is one of the best colours for an XR6. Though I also agree with Slick - Mercury Silver is a good colour too.
    Knowing how hard rental cars are treated, 40,000 km is probably more like 120,000km on a car treated with kid gloves.
    Looking forward to seeing the Shockwave blue car - providing its not sold. Would've been better if it was an '04 Mk 2, but can't have everything.
    WE all don't know how rentals are treated
    Yes blue's are nice very nice but that mercury silver is hoot.

Can't wait to see some pics of the new wheels.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    A Ford dealer got back to me this morning with a late '03 BA XR6 (not Mk11). 58,000km on the clock, one private owner, books. Best of all - in shockwave blue, so will be a good colour for future resale. Still, they want just over $22K for it. The ex-rental BF was $23K and had done fewer kms (just 40,000km), sold anyway now so no longer an option.
    Personal opinion says, for this level of spend, I'd be avoiding any ex-rental. Why risk over 20 large on a pre-thrashed?

IME for typical used purchases, dealers will love then leave you .. only showing post-sale interest if there's a possibility of extracting yet more moolah. But as you know, when buying through an LMCT the principal deal-maker is going to be your EL-included final trade-over figure. In other words will the dealer incentive include an above market-value trade-in valuation < very nice example btw

Fwiw I wouldn't be at all surprised if this (already mentioned) sunroof '04 XR6 was a $19k flat cash-proposition ..?
    So leaves the question - if there's another ex-rental BF XR6 for $23K with lowish km is that a better buy than an older privately owned car that's being serviced properly and is in a more popular colour?
    In five years time an '03 car will be 9 years old, whereas the ex-rental '05 car would be 7 years old. By then, the history of the ex-rental may be less important than the fact its a younger car. It may be worth more.
    I'll be going to look at the Shockwave Blue XR6 on Saturday if it hasn't sold. And if the dealer has any more ex-rental BFs that they need to sell I'll check them as well.
    Seeing as you've likely settled on a Ford I hope you don't mind if I shoot the breeze here and 'confuse the issue' ..

Gee your above mention of value & resale potential got me thinking that (IF it were my purchase-decision) I'd be willing to bet a 'lefty' that AU3 XR8s are set to absolutely kill the one-or-two year newer BA XR6 in retained value, and not just by 2012

AU3 XR8 = those beoodiful-sounding (factory extractors) 220kW of premium hand-built Tickford V8 and excellent DEW98 IRS; the pick of an increasingly rare-ish model series and already becoming semi-collectible. Right now I reckon AU3 XR8s to be at the nadir of their depreciation cycle, compared to an oversupplied BA market which still on the race downwards, inevitably including the plethora of XR6s which must imo also succumb to 'top heavy' market pressure. If able to get over the AU-factor (and insurance?) I'd reckon it'd be a really enjoyable way to get around, laden with character & driving fun. Last chance to afFORDably enjoy the V8 experience?

BA XR6 = good model of a great car .. but .. so many of 'em they're almost tribal!

Falcon AU XR8 (220kw) 0-100 6.35, 400m 14.68sec
    Falcon BA XR6 NA (182kw) 0-100 8.11, 400m 15.86sec
    Falcon BA XR6 T (240kw) 0-100 5.91, 400m 14.14sec
    Falcon BA XR8 (260kw) 0-100 6.16, 400m 14.40sec

Prime example: http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...sn1352957.aspx

[edit] strictly for mention, my friend's '02 BA XT 5.4 V8 is up for sale soon, she will probably end up selling it for cheap too, it's an ex-AFP auto with 4 bags, sports susp & LSD (no T/C though ) and IIRC about 100,000km
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nota; 06-26-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Personal opinion says, for this level of spend, I'd be avoiding any ex-rental. Why risk over 20 large on a pre-thrashed?

IME for typical used purchases, dealers will love then leave you .. only showing post-sale interest if there's a possibility of extracting yet more moolah. But as you know, when buying through an LMCT the principal deal-maker is going to be your EL-included final trade-over figure. In other words will the dealer incentive include an above market-value trade-in valuation < very nice example btw
    I'm actually intending to sale the EL privately and put the cash to better use on repaying a credit card. In theory at least I should get $5,000 plus for it.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

i find it interesting that "normal" 6 cyl fords go for as much or more then then the upper spec fairlane and LTDs 6s and 8s?

curious.

Booked my car in for LPG conversion in the next 10 days so w00t! cheap running costs here i come!
    The Datto will rage again...

Might be because the only difference is size? Back in the early mid 90's all the LWB and SWB luxo's were very similar in specs.. My brothers EF had leather climate airbags abs all the goodies. My berlina is pretty much Calais spec but cheap.. Now a days they have so many things that sepperate them better.
    Fairlanes are always good value statesmans really aren't. the guy who is fixing my car told me for $7500 i could have bought his 97 Statesman off him.. I had to really try hard to hold back my laughing.

yeh statesmans really are over priced compared to fairlanes, theyre just more popular with the young blokes is all.

Wonderful, my right knee collapsed during work today so I ended up lying on the floor next to a table of St. George business men for about 20 minutes because I was unable to stand. Injuring yourself in a room with 400 people looking at you is not fun.

I bet it wasn't!

(another victim of bodgy knee syndrome)

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    I bet it wasn't!

(another victim of bodgy knee syndrome)
    Shallow patellas (and a reconstructed knee after tearing my PCL off) are to blame for my problems.
    Similar problem with yourself?

I just found out that the back of my head is cut up either because I fell back into a woman's chair, her high heels which she took off or the broken glass from the rather expensive plates I dropped when going down. AND I lost my waiter's friend. There goes another $20 bucks. *sighs*

Shit dann thats crap mate Nothing worse hurting the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Shallow patellas (and a reconstructed knee after tearing my PCL off) are to blame for my problems.
    Similar problem with yourself?

I just found out that the back of my head is cut up either because I fell back into a woman's chair, her high heels which she took off or the broken glass from the rather expensive plates I dropped when going down. AND I lost my waiter's friend. There goes another $20 bucks. *sighs*
    Ferk

Me > completely random unprovoked attack circa 1995 by mega-schitzoid chinese kung fu headcase = cactus ACL + two operations = barely walk for 18 months + chronic pain + never run again. Its my clutch leg too so no more subconciouly smooth shifts . I later discovered this charming female import later went on to slice 'n dice the genitalia off an unfortunate policeman ffs with just purchased bowie knife as he lay on his back doing bench presses in a gymnasium omg (how's that for a nightmare scenario?)

Maybe I'm lucky after all?

dude thats farkin nuts!!!

Wow....and the worst i've had is like breaking my collar bone three times....but thats just nuts.

Hope you're feeling better, Daan.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

My sympathy Daan - can't be much fun.
    That's one hardcase story Nota - I assume the perpetrator is or did time behind bars? She must have had rather major anger issues.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 06-28-2007 at 04:59 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Yes Not the privates please!.. Nota did you check out the factory tools just encase after?? Mans lively hood at stake.

Thread Information