Page 125 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Congrats on the purchase Brendon, luxury's the way to go.

With my newfound injury I'm out of work for at least 2 weeks, I managed to dislocate the kneecap with enough force to slightly tear some fibres off a ligament which I've forgotten the name of.

Now that I have so much spare time over the following 2 weeks, I've hired out a stack of movies.
    Valiant - crap, but mildly entertaining to watch.
    Little Miss Sunshine - pretty good laugh, nothing special although the acting was outstanding.

Now those two are the norm for movies these days, they at least offer something. They are at least watchable. I just finished watching Miami Vice. What the hell.

Miami Vice has got to be the WORST movie I have seen since Open Water. There was no discernable plot, the acting was terrible for the large part, many characters were completely un-understandable and the camera work has got to be the WORST attempt at creating a niche look. Whole scenes were out of focus, certain scenes used zoom which appeared as if a kid was operating a camera phone and zooming in in flashes. Lighting was off, ISO was way off, and overall it was an entirely unpleasant movie to watch.
    Anyone who still wants to see it, do NOT waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Congratulations on the car, 16k is a great price and give me luxo and saftey anytime, with the 6k saving one of these would fit the bill nicely, plus suspension and wheels = ultimate sleeper
    Thanks for the link. Looks interesting.
    However, I doubt I'll do any engine mods - for two reasons. First the car lives in the city and spends 80 percent of its time at or below 60km/h. Second, I took a Ford used car warranty (to cover major dramas that I hope never come up) which I'd void if I modified the engine or suspension.
    What I am considering is the cheapest and most effective performance modification of all - decent tyres. Car currently has four tyres with near new tread. But the front tyres are Goodyear NCTs - which have a reputation for being a little noisy. The back tyres are a no-name brand.
    I'd consider Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama or Pirelli all round. A few years back I replaced two of the original Goodyear tyres on my Mondeo with Michelins. The difference in both noise control and grip over the Goodyears was amazing.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 06-30-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase Brendon, luxury's the way to go.

With my newfound injury I'm out of work for at least 2 weeks, I managed to dislocate the kneecap with enough force to slightly tear some fibres off a ligament which I've forgotten the name of.
    Thanks.
    Best of luck with the knee. When you're starting to move around again you'll have to restart your search for that sports-luxury German BMW you want.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    Thanks.
    Best of luck with the knee. When you're starting to move around again you'll have to restart your search for that sports-luxury German BMW you want.
    That's what irks me most. Now that I have these 2 weeks of completely free time, I can't even go out and look for cars 'cause of my damned knee!

Anyways, looking forward to the pics of the Fairmont.

Argh... I have two cars parked outside. What have I done.....
    Rich boy.
    (Copying Blue, with his Fairlane hints...apologies mate)... Its blue. A hint - it lacks spoilers.
    Someone stole it
    Bought an '03 Fairmont BA, in blue. Named Henry Jnr (the red EL was Henry). Same colour as Slick's brother's car.
    This car was $16,000 with 69,000km on the clock. Whereas the '03 XR6 was $22,500 with 58,000km on clock. Decided to save the money, go with luxury/saftey (dual zone air cond, velour seats, side airbags) over the sports suspension/body kit of the XR6. Especially as they share the same engine.
    Am actually surprised how firm the suspension is - was expecting a soft luxury ride. Its still impressive, but seems a lot more taut than I expected.
    Was dark by the time I got home, so no pictures yet.
    OMG!.. Lets hope you have a trouble free life with this 03 Fairmont.. Congrats Congrats mate they are a nice car and it's a very nice colour. Next year PI we will have almost matching colours again.
    Car currently has four tyres with near new tread. But the front tyres are Goodyear NCTs - which have a reputation for being a little noisy. The back tyres are a no-name brand.
    I'd consider Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama or Pirelli all round. A few years back I replaced two of the original Goodyear tyres on my Mondeo with Michelins. The difference in both noise control and grip over the Goodyears was amazing.
    Yes Yes Yes anything but the NCT they don't just scream they brake the sound barrier, When my brothers car turns roundabout slow like 15kp/h they scream out and people actually turn to see who is doing a burnout.

The Turanza's are a great all weather trye the VP loves the wet and dry they don't have tyre noise that i can here over the 80db exhaust. And do come in a better 225 size.
    Shit! i have NCT tyre on the front of the VT.. There going.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Bought an '03 Fairmont BA, in blue. Named Henry Jnr (the red EL was Henry). Same colour as Slick's brother's car.
    This car was $16,000 with 69,000km on the clock. Whereas the '03 XR6 was $22,500 with 58,000km on clock. Decided to save the money, go with luxury/saftey (dual zone air cond, velour seats, side airbags) over the sports suspension/body kit of the XR6. Especially as they share the same engine.
    Am actually surprised how firm the suspension is - was expecting a soft luxury ride. Its still impressive, but seems a lot more taut than I expected.
    Was dark by the time I got home, so no pictures yet.
    I reckon you're on a winner there Brendon!

As cars approach 4 y/o they are usually right @ the bottom of their retained-value % cycle, so this is the absolute prime vehicle-age for the next purchaser to step in and achieve maximum value. Faced with the choice between a base-sport vs the considerably better equipped lux-sport AND heaps of cash retained in the pocket, well I'd do exactly what you have just done. Why follow the XR6 herd?

Your prudent spend for this Ghia represents a token 1/3rd of its original purchase price (approx) plus coupled with those nominal kms = why the hell wouldn't you buy one? Given that the original MRRP for these luxurious Ghias was way above (over $10k more?) the notably less opulent XR6 can only further underline the value of your purchase selection :thumbsup:

Iirc most journos considered that the Ghia-spec suspension tune offered the best swb ride/handling compromise in the entire BA range. Nowdays it seems they easily also offer the best value as 2nd hand purchases! Here's hoping this big new MSN-mobile serves you well

Thanks Tim. Only one thing - its not a Ghia (unfortunately). Just a "simple" Fairmont. Still quite luxurious though compared to the XR6. The dealer had a couple of Ghias but they were more expensive and had higher mileage.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 07-01-2007 at 01:21 AM.

Only problem with the normal Fairmonts is they have the rather boring chrome jewel headlights, rather than the dark jewel headlights the XT, Ghia and XR's have.
    I am the Stig

'tis a nice car.

Lower it
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

itd void the warranty.

Nice choice mate. Welcome to the fairy club
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    'tis a nice car.

Lower it
    I like my back as it is. And would defeat the purpose of a "luxury" car.

Luxury is, by definition, an excess of everything.

So an excess of wheel arch is luxury?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

man i have SLS in the rear, which means its pumped up with air.

pull out the fuse for the air compressor and i can ride around with the arse lower then paris' attempt at being genuinely sorry.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information