Page 85 of 500 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    That is incredibly cheap. Does it go well?
    The Magna, at least in my opinion, is a bit of an underrated sleeper, especially with the V6. Even more so if its a manual. I came very close to buying a 5-speed Magna V6 last June, but missed out - sold before I could get there. And didn't see any others, so bought the Falcon instead.
    Do you intend to keep the car, or to sell it off for a profit? Its got to be worth twice what you paid for it.
    Mate the annoying thing is I could have offered the seller $2k and he probably would have taken it!

But yes it runs & drives very well (quite good step-off for a 3.0) although its obviously fwd in the steering feel and the frameles door windows can rattle a bit if slammed when half-closed .. very un-Benz like . Apart from that it seems like quite a good car

Last sold for $20k in 2000 then 'Mum's chariot' for 7 years with loving receipts from Shell Autoport - all-new brakes & last serviced 3,000 kms ago. Very tidy inside (no rips or tears) but a few scratches & dings on the body, typical of a 10 y/o family car. Bought for resale, it needed a detail ($220) and 4 new tyres ($280) plus the a/c is no-workee so I'll chance a regas for $80. Incidentals will be under $130 (including taxi, inspection/transfer, adverts) so a total outlay of about $3k

Intruigingly a $3k agreed-value insurance on the Magna costs $150 more than a $7k policy on my V8 Merc - guys remember what I said about cheap Benz insurance rates? If I were intending to keep the Magna (not) I'd throw another $400-odd in preventative maintanance at it (coolant flush, belts, hoses, trans) but hopefully the plan is to ditch it fast via a 'quick sale' for $3999 or whatever ..
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    I note the seller has no idea that that model Magna had the 3.5 litre V6 as standard. The 3.0 litre V6 was superseded in the TJ model.
    By coincidence the vendor advertised my TF as having a "2.4 litre" engine - because it has '24 Valve' written on the cam cover!
    So until I cracked the bonnet I thought it was the bloody 4cyl version ..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Im pretty sure you can sue for that
    Maybe in Canada, but i wouldnt be surprised if the new IR laws here left him with nothing, although not informing employees of bankrupcy sounds pretty serious, or stupid.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    bahahaha, thats gold. I cant see myself driving something as huge as a F100 or cruiser etc. I think ill stick to the falcon.
    heh heh .. but I seriously doubt you'd be legally able to tow your 200SX behind a Falcon. The local cops have become rather strict about enforcement in recent years

eg: max combined trailer and load must not exceed unladen (tare) weight of towcar. Many car float rentals already weigh 750-850kg unladen so add the 200SX on top of that and you'd be nowhere near legal with a Falcon

ahhhh, im not going to be towing the 200. Ill be towing the datsun. the 200s for sale which is paying for the new car. so the datsun weighing in at ~900kgs and a trailer at ~600 i should be ok with a falcon.
    The Datto will rage again...

You'll just scrape in with that. AU's are around the 1550kg mark unless its a performance/luxury model, which are 100kg heavier with the IRS. But if its tare, you might be lucky to get 1500kg.

With the trailer and car, that leaves you with nothing for equipment, unless you can squeeze it in the tow car somewhere.
    I am the Stig

its a stripped out shell, i can fit everything in it.

We'll see how we go, if a bargain fairlane pops up im so on it.

Well since this is only to be "legal", its only an issue if your forever getting pulled over etc.

Afterall, the highest tow kit Ford install is the 2300kg kit, so the car can take it. You might want to upgrade the diff though, something stronger and maybe swap the standard 3.08 ratio i think it is, with something like a 3.7 or 4.1. 357nm is useless on a first gear that wants to spin out to 80km/h.
    I am the Stig

Anyone know where Slick is? Haven't seen him around here lately.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Currently in KL - new airport carry on baggage rules suck
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

A bit has gone on since i been off..

Bluey is buying the most underrated ugly car in OZ.. (No mods needed minus garage to hide it in)
    I missed Cyco taking off overseas thought it was later got my days mixed up..

And only Adrenaline missed me

And i'm guessing we are still in deep conversation with Torque and HT not changing his mind much.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I do have a garage slick but i doubt i will find it worthwhile to actually garage it

Don't forget the first joke with the AU was they only drive at night time.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

In Holland - within 10 mins of being let loose on the streets I nearly got run over stepping infront of a car whilst looking the wrong way - wtf are they doing on the wrong side of the street anyway......
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Liez. You were totally high.

I found it wasn't the cars you had to look out for, it was the cyclists.

Thread Information