Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Maserati Coupe back from the dead.

Black Maserati Coupe back from the dead.

Hello all, I wanted to post some pictures of a clients Coupe with his permission, and share the condition of his car. Luckily the damage wasn't beyond repair. Every defect imaginable represented itself on this poor Italian paint.

Buffer trails are very visible throughout the entire paintwork most definitely left behind by a less than admirable detailer. Riddled in swirl marks and random deep scratches made the paint almost look sanded. Here's it's story and transformation.

Here's a good example of why not to buy a black car at night or on a cloudy day. Looks fairly decent in the shade, hiding all the micromarring and damage which is exposed by the sun and other bright light sources.

Some before and after photos of the damage under halogen and led light.

Very nice car and result. I didn't spot any car detailing topics earlier on this forum. Which products did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Very nice car and result. I didn't spot any car detailing topics earlier on this forum. Which products did you use?
    Thanks MOS.

3m extra cut and a few different pads ranging from heavy cut twisted wool, purple wool, to orange lc pads.

op2 and green pads.

85rd and black/red pads.

z5 pro zfx'd x2 topped with z8.

zaio on the wheels and all non porous exteriors, I didn't take many glamor shots but the pics should tell the tale what was done.

Thats a beautiful car . I'm impressed at how nice it turned out with a little bit of TLC and some quality products. Can you comment on how reliable this car has been for its owner?

Hi, that looks impressive. What were the causes of the damage, general usage?

and please use the UCP attachment system to post shots.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Thats a beautiful car . I'm impressed at how nice it turned out with a little bit of TLC and some quality products. Can you comment on how reliable this car has been for its owner?
    I know he is a big fan of it since he bought it, however he bought it in that condition, so I think his thoughts on it have done nothing but increase.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Hi, that looks impressive. What were the causes of the damage, general usage?

and please use the UCP attachment system to post shots.
    Well the wash induced marring, which is found throughout the before pictures, and not as thoroughly illustrated as they could have been, appear in circular formation usually,i.e. swirl marks. They are most often induced during improper drying with improper technique.

The buffer trails which resemble 3d image hologramming so to speak was put there by a rotary buffer, and someone who didn't know what they were doing. Either that or someone who is under the impression the products he uses are displaying true results, until they outgas and that mess is left behind.

The deep scratches each have their own characteristics, and were induced by multiple offenders im sure.

The light oxidation was initiated by lack of care over an extended period of time leaving a thin layer of "dead paint" on the surface.

The upc method of pic posting i will familiar myself with, thank you.

Is it a 3 pedal car, or F1 transmission?

F1...

wow that's great work you did there, looks almost new! especially compared to how bad the paint was..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    wow that's great work you did there, looks almost new! especially compared to how bad the paint was..
    Thanks, yes it was pretty tore up.

Excellent proof of why paintwork should be treated PROPERLY and remedial work undertaken by professional or at least KNOWLEDGABLE people.

I'm betting it had faded paintwork having sat in the sun and the "owner" decided to get it "restored" on the cheap.

I have WATCHED an idiot with a polish pad and cutting agent turn a red car into a grey blotchy mess as the agent was too abrasive, the paint too thin and he was over energetic with the pressure ( and a bit "dim" )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information