Thread: So who is behind CVC Capital Partners?

So who is behind CVC Capital Partners?

Does anyone know who moves the strings behind the courtain of the new F1 owner?

I did some research and found that they are the largest private equity company in UK, and that they own MotoGP and other quite pricey companies.

Private Equity by definition is a group of people that get together and buy companies (just like a group buy but with many digits ). In many cases, the fund is started by someone with a large check book, in other cases its run by someone with great abilities (sort of what Warren Buffet does).

Is that the case here? I suspect that there is some oil-rich guy behind the plot; or is it Bernie playing his cards as if he was playing poker to end up with all the chips (again!).
    Last edited by magracer; 03-31-2006 at 02:49 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

They will be giving up MotoGp as part of the agreement with the EU Monopolies Commision

They're a pure investment company. Don't think any of them see motorsport other than a business !!
    See http://www.cvc.com/about/

EDIT: Hmmmm, did some more digging in tje business rags and foudn an interesting snippet ....
    Alpha Prema is a newly incorporated company through which funds managed or advised
    by CVC Capital Partners Group ("CVC") are making their investment in Formula One.

So it sounds feasible that their are "hidden" people with their hands on the helm ..... EXACTLY the kind of thing the poisoned dwarf would get up to

EDIT2: and it gets worse

31 March 2006
    Formula One acquires APM and Allsport Management
    CVC Capital Partners Group (“CVC”) and Formula One Administration (“FOA”) are pleased to announce that subsidiaries of Alpha Topco Limited (“Alpha”), the holding company for the Formula One Group, have reached agreement to acquire simultaneously Allsport Management S.A. (“ASM”), and the business undertaken by the Allsopp Parker & Marsh group of companies (“APM”). Completion of both the APM and ASM transactions is conditional on receipt of anti-trust approvals.
    APM markets and sells advertising and sponsorship packages globally in respect of the FIA Formula One World Championship and ASM is the principal provider of VIP hospitality at Formula One events.
    Following completion of the transactions, Patrick McNally will join the Board of Alpha, advise APM and continue as Chief Executive of Allsport Management.
    Mr McNally commented: “With Allsport Management and the Formula One Group working together, we can further improve the offering to our clients worldwide. I am looking forward to working closely with Mr Ecclestone and the Board of Alpha to achieve this objective”.
    Mr Ecclestone, CEO of the Formula One Group, commented: “APM and Allsport Management have been developed into highly successful businesses over the last 25 years, and we are delighted that each of them will now form part of the Formula One Group”.

Weren't these Bernie companies before ????
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-31-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

CVC is 50% owned by CitiGroup and the other 50% traces back to a bank in the Cayman Is. I haven't traced it back past that (I needed to know who i was up against 1 time).
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    CVC is 50% owned by CitiGroup and the other 50% traces back to a bank in the Cayman Is. I haven't traced it back past that (I needed to know who i was up against 1 time).
    That's a start then...

Edit: Finally could get into their website (firewall at the office wouldn't allow). It seems they are a not jsut a front for some guy after all. They own 38 companies worth $32,2 billion euros and they have acquired over 220 companies for $61.9 billion euros through eight closed funds. Their exit strategy is through IPOs, which means we will be able to buy F1 stock soon.
    Last edited by magracer; 04-01-2006 at 09:24 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

Thread Information